Inmproving performance on Forza 300

canerandagio

15 minutes ago, canerandagio said:

Thanks for the well thought answer. I did a lot of research between Xmax and Forza and went for the latter well conscious of the differences you mentioned. Height, colour, the Honda brand and the more comfortable asset for long haul trips made me opt for the Forza and I love it.
Two unexpected big surprises in positive: the rear view mirrors positioned where they are on the Forza allow you to switch between the road ahead and the mirrors without refocusing your eyes. A great idea and I am sure Yamaha will pick it up too.
The other unexpected surprise is the balancing. Can't feel the weight at all and in traffic it almost stands by utself even at low speed.
Two questions: the 8k for YSS is for a pair or for the front and back?
And... did you change your shock absorbers ?
Lastly, can both be adjusted front and back?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

if you follow the link

https://www.yss.co.th/applist.php?currentPage=1&keyword=HONDA+NEW+FORZA+300&product_type=1&vehicle=1&brand=&model=#

it should give you an idea as to what is available for the new model forza 300.

most accessory shops can help you to order what you need.

or pm me and i can give you the names of some good shops in Bangkok that can help you out with the stuff you need. most of them will do mail order as well.

• Like 1

if you follow the link
https://www.yss.co.th/applist.php?currentPage=1&keyword=HONDA+NEW+FORZA+300&product_type=1&vehicle=1&brand=&model=#

it should give you an idea as to what is available for the new model forza 300.
most accessory shops can help you to order what you need.

or pm me and i can give you the names of some good shops in Bangkok that can help you out with the stuff you need. most of them will do mail order as well.

Will do tx. As soon as I get home.

One of these is the best bang for the buck hands down.

PCX illustrated, but they do quality work and can custom fab, install, and tune anything you want.

Keep boost low to moderate and realize 50% gain in both HP and TQ with very little loss in durability.

They doing my Teana soon

http://www.turbodynamic.net/content/garage-detail.php?gid=135

Edited by canthai55

The very first thing I will do when I get a 2018 Forza 300, is to immediately upgrade F/R with YSS shocks and improve the CVT variator to gain a little more initial acceleration. I, too, am of the mindset that I want any vehicle I own to perform at its top potential, mindful that in general, mfrs build their vehicles with compromises and sole emphasis to make profit.
Warranty be d@mn if, IMHO, the performance of any 'warranted' component in question needs to be improved to suit my taste. By buying top quality establish brands - like the Honda Forza 300 with its 279cc engine - the likelihood of a warranty issue occurring in its main components is very remote.
The 'lag' is inherent in the using a CVT that is belt driven. But the 'lag' (and speed) can be addressed somewhat by adj the weights and combinations of sliders and rollers or buying a high performance variator. The trick is attaining the just-right combo because gaining too much off-the-line acceleration can reduce your top speed rate.

Edited by luwahn
Typo
  • Like 2

The very first thing I will do when I get a 2018 Forza 300, is to immediately upgrade F/R with YSS shocks and improve the CVT variator to gain a little more initial acceleration. I, too, am of the mindset that I want any vehicle I own to perform at its top potential, mindful that in general, mfrs build their vehicles with compromises and sole emphasis to make profit.
Warranty be d@mn if, IMHO, the performance of any 'warranted' component in question needs to be improved to suit my taste. By buying top quality establish brands - like the Honda Forza 300 with its 279cc engine - the likelihood of a warranty issue occurring in its main components is very remote.
The 'lag' is inherent in the using a CVT that is belt driven. But the 'lag' (and speed) can be addressed somewhat by adj the weights and combinations of sliders and rollers or buying a high performance variator. The trick is attaining the just-right combo because gaining too much off-the-line acceleration can reduce your top speed rate.

Great minds... :)

Just go to weights a few grams lighter it is an easy install and the most efficient way to improve acceleration.  You may notice a bit more throttle response and it should not affect top end.  If you need any serious warranty work just swap the old ones in before taking it to the shop. 

Nice bike. 

Just go to weights a few grams lighter it is an easy install and the most efficient way to improve acceleration.  You may notice a bit more throttle response and it should not affect top end.  If you need any serious warranty work just swap the old ones in before taking it to the shop. 

Nice bike. 

Must be the same as going on a diet (Joke)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1