How to apply for a one-year marriage extension of stay

On 11/30/2018 at 9:32 AM, dragons70 said:

2) They hope we change to a retirement visa. It’s easier for them, and puts a potential 800,000 extra baht into Thai banks. 

Other than easier processing I fail to grasp what benefit Jomtiem immigration office gets from someone having 800,000 in a Thai bank. 

On 11/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, Bill Miller said:

She would like to do the deed in the US, but has been turned down twice for a visitor visa.

Have you applied for Fiancee visa? It is comparatively easy to get than a visitor visa. But you must marry once you land in the US. If you don't she cannot apply for visitor visa in the future. If she become illegal, applied for welfare, etc. you're responsible. 

Just checked on line, and have 77,000 + baht/month showing as deposited in my Thai bank for  the past three months. I hope they figure some way to accept that as more solid proof than my dubious, farang sworn affidavit.

Hang on for a few months, things may clear up. You clearly have the required income to stay here legally.

She has been filled with horror stories about women unable to inherit

She won't get a spousal SS unless she stays in the US for five years because she is not from a Totalization treaty country.

If you have property in the US she will inherit it as your wife even if the marriage is registered here. You may discuss this issue with a lawyer.

If you have property in the US and don't intend to marry, with your income, you should be able to get a loan for home improvement from US banks or peer-to-peer lenders like Prospect. Just don't disclose them that you're permanently living in Thailand. You don't have to set foot in the US to obtain this loan. Every thing will be arranged online. 

If nothing works, you can always hire an agent for a couple of years while you save up additional 400K you need for money in the bank method.

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 2