Dow down 1,000, should we be worried ?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why silly ? A decent percentage is a decent percentage, it doesn't matter where your research throws that up. However large funds obviously have guidelines which restrict them to western blue chips but as a personal investor EM should be a main plank of any investment strategy especially with the dual disaster of Trump/May in progress.

Obviously if you're a panic merchant you'll steer clear but I have always had a keen eye on EM though having said that I got in Amazon early and that stock alone has almost bought me a house !! But Amazons are once in a lifetime stocks.

So what EM vehicles are you in now?

Infosys has never left my side - though I handed over the angst of stock picking to a company called Vestra who charge me an enormous fee but are earning it at present meaning I could snap out of the routine of daily checking! They update me monthly on what they're doing with benchmarks.

Whilst it seems a bit daft to pay them a fee and then instruct them I can have input and the only snippets I have given them is I want to be in Asian comms (mobiles etc) due to insatiable demand (though last weeks Apple/China report bucked that granted) - also a geologist I once met told me there was more oil under Myanmar than Saudi Arabia though there wasn't a company on earth that had the cash to build the infrastructure needed to prepare to get it, let alone all the way to market. So to much bewildered looks from Vestra I asked them to steer 5% in any funds potentially connected. They did say it wouldn't pay off in my lifetime or will it ………[emoji848]

Wipro is getting glowing buy recommendations in a lot of places and almost anything Brazilian is worth looking at (don't want to set Marcushorribilis off there)

Trustnet is always a useful guide to confirm you are not making a stupid decision.

If you don’t know, just say you don’t know...

(just kidding)

19 minutes ago, mogandave said:

That’s what I thought...

Next

there are many ETF on EM
different people different country ...it's different access and different prices
Thai shares are also EM

It's only interesting if it's a breakthrough now
or will it be sometime later in 2019

https://markets.ft.com/data/indices/tearsheet/summary?s=MIEF00000PUS:MSI

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

Well i have recovered in January from - 14 pc to - 8.5 pc - here’s hoping.
As i’m writing from Shanghai “ Happy Year of the Pig” to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah, it was a great month...let's hop it keeps moving in the right direction!

The boost when Trump and his Republican Corporate Congress friends gave a Trillion dollars to the wealthy has busted! As ever with Republicans in control the deficit is huge ! All those jokers who believed Trump was for the “ordinary working folk “ hahah suckers

1 hour ago, wreckingcountry said:

The boost when Trump and his Republican Corporate Congress friends gave a Trillion dollars to the wealthy has busted! As ever with Republicans in control the deficit is huge ! All those jokers who believed Trump was for the “ordinary working folk “ hahah suckers

Another well-thought-out reasoned response from the left.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived