Your av receiver choice under $1000

Jack Peterson

AV equipment tends to be very overpriced in Thailand. You could get a much better deal elsewhere, if that's possible for you.

I'm happy with my Yamaha V579 which cost me just under 20,000B when I bought it. That model is discontinued now but similar replacements are available. Mine has 4k pass-through support which I dont currently use, but probably will use if/when I replace my screen.

If your budget is tight you need not worry too much about the 4k60fps support as you should be able to connect your source directly to your TV and then use ARC return for the audio to the amp. I would rather spend my money on better audio handling than on better video pass-through.

You won't get much for $1,000 in Thailand.

Piyanas currently have a special on a 4K 5.1 Onyko AV receiver coupled with some small Elac speakers for THB 34,900 - see here.

It is very much an entry-level system and the receiver can only drive 4 ohm impedence speakers, so not much to build on.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to spend $1000 on a AV only then i would go for the Yamaha RX-A880 (because I'm a yamaha fan).

You can also take the RX-A1070 for a similar price. It's the higher range Model but from 2017.

Similar priced devices from Denon, Marantz, Onkyo or Pioneer are also a good choice.