Measles kills 18 in South as officials try to fight vaccine denial

webfact

I'm well aware of what the graph shows. The report below corroborates the date indicated for the introduction of measles vaccinations to UK:

In 1968, a vaccine was introduced in Britain, and the number of cases began to fall steadily. But the programme had limited take-up. . . (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/10015975/What-is-measles-History-of-the-disease.html)/

I found this graphic (and several others of possible interest) here: http://whale.to/m/measlesdeaths1.html
Whale.to? are you kidding??? As soon as you quote that nonsense website you immediately lose the argument.

v - t - e

Whale.to is a webshite which contains every (and we do mean every) half-bakedpseudoscientific woo and conspiracy theory everconcocted. It is run by English pig farmer John Scudamore.[1]
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whale.to

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucec64 said:

Whale.to? are you kidding??? As soon as you quote that nonsense website you immediately lose the argument.

v - t - e

Whale.to is a webshite which contains every (and we do mean every) half-bakedpseudoscientific woo and conspiracy theory everconcocted. It is run by English pig farmer John Scudamore.[1]
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whale.to

I wasn't making an argument, so I don't have one to lose. 

The graph I posted as an item of interest relating to the debate on measles originated from a different source from the one you mention.

It is purportedly based on figures provided by the Office of National Statistics. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Edited by Krataiboy

As soon as you have "big pharma" and "wake up" in a post, you know you've entered tin foil hat territory. He only needed to include "sheeple" in the post to win the tin foil hat trifecta. You will never be able to win an argument because they will always find some nonsense website that posts the answers that they want.

It would be funny except that anti vaxx puts other people at risk.

Its not a conspiracy that in many places including my Poland they force it at new born in first 24h by law. Doctors are alarming. Organs not fully developed etc... U can't make this sh... Up

24 vacinnes by law in Poland

10 hours ago, Xaos said:

Its not a conspiracy that in many places including my Poland they force it at new born in first 24h by law. Doctors are alarming. Organs not fully developed etc... U can't make this sh... Up

24 vacinnes by law in Poland

So in lieu of being vaccinated, which diseases would you like newborn babies to get?  Here's a list you can choose from:

Tuberculosis

Hepatitis B

Diphtheria

Tetanus

Pertussis

Polio

Haemophilus-b

Measles

Mumps

Rubella

Pneumococci

Edited by attrayant

On 11/22/2018 at 12:13 PM, wisperone said:

Don't forget all those other pesky diseases that big pharma is involved with immunizations. They should be doing it all for free. TIC.

Polio

Typhoid

Malaria

Hepatitis

Typhoid

Yellow Fever

Japanese Encephalitis

and the list goes on.

Happy Thanksgiving to all alive and well due to modern medicine and the benefit of living in a time of immunizations.

"big pharma" was also involved in the small pox vaccination program, but overplayed its hand.  How can you sell vaccinations for a disease that has been eliminated?

For those with a humor deficiency, the above is sarcasm.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:18 AM, suzannegoh said:

His premise is that big pharma would make a lot more money treating illnesses after they occur than by preventing illnesses with vaccines.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:44 AM, Syduan said:

I don't see how.

Here’s an example of why big pharma might make more money by treating people who become ill than by selling vaccines to prevent those illnesses.  In 1990 there was a big outbreak of measles in low-income Hispanic communities in California where vaccination rates were low.  There were 16,400 reported cases and the estimated medical expenses to treat them was $30.9 million.  That works out to $1884 per case of measles.  Compare that to the cost of the vaccine.

Edited by suzannegoh
  • Like 1