Minimum number of days remaining on visa to get married?

drh1010

Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of days needed on your visa before you can get married to a Thai? I have read somewhere that it's 10 days but that it may depend on the Amphur. 

The Amphur in question, for myself, is in Bang Lamung, Chonburi - so any advice relevant to this particular office would be useful.

I am not sure if the 10 day requirement (if there is one) is enforced by the Amphur or if it's the MFA that require a minimum number of days left on a visa entry before legalising the affirmation of marriage and passport. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Don't know about days remaining, but I believe you have to be in Thailand for a minimum of 3 days before getting married. The 10 days might just be a conservative view of how long it takes to get all the documents in order, from the authorities and your embassy etc. Just a thought.

Banglamung Amphur has a law of there own. I tried to marry my Thai partner there and was told I would have to wait 10 weeks. Apparently the corruption at this office is under investigation and all farang marriages are being referred to BKK. In the meantime my affirmation has expired and my visa will run out before the 10 weeks are up. We went to Siracha was was told it had to be referred to BKK but had a reply back in two weeks. In the meantime we went to Lak Si in Bangkok and the whole thing was dealt with in 90 minutes by excellent and friendly staff

On 11/23/2018 at 11:07 AM, lesp43 said:

Banglamung Amphur has a law of there own. I tried to marry my Thai partner there and was told I would have to wait 10 weeks. Apparently the corruption at this office is under investigation and all farang marriages are being referred to BKK. In the meantime my affirmation has expired and my visa will run out before the 10 weeks are up. We went to Siracha was was told it had to be referred to BKK but had a reply back in two weeks. In the meantime we went to Lak Si in Bangkok and the whole thing was dealt with in 90 minutes by excellent and friendly staff

Did you use the same affirmation when you married in Bangkok that you showed at Banglamung?

Bangkok does seem to be an easier option however I specified 'Chonburi' as the province when getting my affirmation 

Archived