Is this scenario doable?

Hi folks, 

I have the following Thailand visa history:

- from 14th of November 2016 - 7th of May 2017 METV - I entered Thailand via BKK, did one visa extension in Chiang Mai, then a border run to Mae Sai and lastly a second visa extension in Koh Samui

- from 22nd of October 2018 - now: METV - I entered Thailand via BKK, and am planning to do the following:

* METV-Border-Run to Chong Mek on 16th of December 2018 with same-day-return to Thailand

* METV-Border-Run to Chong Mek on 10th of February 2019 with same-day-return to Thailand

* METV-Border-Run to Chong Mek on 7th of April 2019 with same-day-return to Thailand (the "enter before" date of the METV is 9th of April 2019)

* Border-Run to Chong Mek on 7th of June 2019 (on this day the METV expires) and same-day-return to Thailand with a 30-day-visa exemption (I am a German citizen)

* leave Thailand on 4th of July 2019 without the intention to re-enter (at least not within the next months)

notes: 

- I try to avoid contact with the Immigration due to the hassle with the TM30 which I would be successful with by following the above plan

- I will carry 20000 THB with me on each border run

- I have a throw-away-flight-ticket from Phuket to Singapur for 14th of May 2019 - this ticket I intend to carry with me on the first three border runs

- I will buy a flight ticket from Thailand to Europe for 4th of July 2019 within the next months which I intend to use - this ticket I intend to carry with me on the fourth border run

My questions are:

1. Is the above plan doable?

2. What about proof of accommodation for the border runs, is it likely to be asked for it, and does this maybe depend on whether it is a METV- or a visa-exemption-border run?

Looking forward to your answers, 

Bullxdeluxe

Edited by Bullxdeluxe

At the current time, there is no reason why your plan should not go smoothly. As conditions at specific border crossings are subject to change, I would just recommend checking back here periodically, just in case horror stories start to appear from Chong Mek. I trust you are aware that you will need to get a Laos visa on arrival in order to do your border hop there.

Thai immigration at entry points with Laos are not asking for proof of accommodation at the current time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

At the current time, there is no reason why your plan should not go smoothly. As conditions at specific border crossings are subject to change, I would just recommend checking back here periodically, just in case horror stories start to appear from Chong Mek. I trust you are aware that you will need to get a Laos visa on arrival in order to do your border hop there.

Thai immigration at entry points with Laos are not asking for proof of accommodation at the current time.

Have I got it wrong I note the Poster intends to do 3 Land Border Runs Next year February April and June so in June would he denied entry  to enter due to the 2 land Border crossing per year

5 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Have I got it wrong I note the Poster intends to do 3 Land Border Runs Next year February April and June so in June would he denied entry  to enter due to the 2 land Border crossing per year

The rule is for 2 visa exempt entries at land border crossings. Entries using a visa have no limit.

He will be using a valid tourist visa for his entries except for the last one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rule is for 2 visa exempt entries at land border crossings. Entries using a visa have no limit.

He will be using a valid tourist visa for his entries except for the last one.

Didn't the Thai government recently announce unlimited land border crossings?

You got the quote wrong by selecting the text in the quote from another member in my post.

I don't recall everything in that news article about it and parts of were a more than a bit vague.

I am sure when it is a approved and immigration announces the visa exempt rules and when the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces the 2 entry tourist visa thing it will be much clearer.

• Like 2