Asahi Clear in 7/11

Thunder26

My wife and I visited Tokyo for the first time last weekend and I actually enjoyed more than a few glasses / cans of Asahi Dry.  Was quite surprised how good it was.  Almost like Singha to me and I do like Singha.

Didn't try the Asahi Clear, though.

Just now, fanjita said:

My wife and I visited Tokyo for the first time last weekend and I actually enjoyed more than a few glasses / cans of Asahi Dry.  Was quite surprised how good it was.  Almost like Singha to me and I do like Singha.

Didn't try the Asahi Clear, though.

In my opinion Asahi Dry is the best lager brewed in Thailand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

In my opinion Asahi Dry is the best lager brewed in Thailand.

Didn't realise it was brewed in LOS.  Will have to try the LOS version and if it's as good as the Japanese version, and no reason to believe it won't be, then will get the MIL to purchase a few cases for our next visit.

• Like 1

the popular jap beers Asahi, Sapporo and Kirin are very nice and I useta buy some when I lived in California many years ago..

although now brewed in Thailand Asahi is not available everywhere...where I live it's just the usual local swill that makes me wanna (urp, pretends to barf)...it would be quite nice to get Asahi from a food stall at the local bus station, find a table and watch the crowd and pretend to be civilized...

'hey man, yer in rural SE Asia and ye gotta lower yer expectations, where d'ye think you are? Paris???'

• Like 1