Filmmaker begins shooting drama of 'Wild Boars' rescue

rooster59

17 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

So they awarded the movie to someone who has only been in the thai movie are a and no relevant awards in the international arena. They should have thought of the kids future welfare and not ego and tourism. Shame 

His actually been a co producer for 2 ripper films. But as a director ?

5 minutes ago, Media1 said:

His actually been a co producer for 2 ripper films. But as a director ?

Yes and he was only on the payroll not running the ballgame. How much of a blockbuster were they? It is plainly Junta control and nationalism and the kids and people associated will not make a dime that will help their lives. load of crap.

18 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

So they awarded the movie to someone who has only been in the thai movie are a and no relevant awards in the international arena. They should have thought of the kids future welfare and not ego and tourism. Shame 

You may find the Kevin Macdonald directed documentary more to your taste.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes and he was only on the payroll not running the ballgame. How much of a blockbuster were they? It is plainly Junta control and nationalism and the kids and people associated will not make a dime that will help their lives. load of crap.

The movie will not make money. Thai JUNTA are delusional and know nothing about movies. The movie is already out there. Well covered by media. 

it's a boring story sorry. But good luck to the movie makers. 

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I feel sorry for the actor who will play the coach; he will be attacked at the local coffee shop by idiotic fans of the kids.

Yeah, that will certainly happen.  Poor guy.  Those idiotic fans of the kids hey - what are they like?

????????????

16 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, that will certainly happen.  Poor guy.  Those idiotic fans of the kids hey - what are they like?

????????????

This whole post tells you a lot about some expats.Get out a bit more might help!Fancy the nerve of Thais wanting to tell this story.

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Fancy the nerve of Thais wanting to tell this story.

But it's quite a boring story if we're to be honest.  Boys trapped and some guys come to get them out. 

The story will need to be padded out with a load of boring [Boring Company?] nonsense to make it even remotely viewable.

It was a newsworthy story at the time and after the first week I really believed that they wouldn't be found alive but was pleased as punch once the diver popped up and filmed them all sitting on the ledge. 

Just not sure this translates into a Hollywood blockbuster. 

13 minutes ago, Olmate said:

This whole post tells you a lot about some expats.Get out a bit more might help!Fancy the nerve of Thais wanting to tell this story.

Yep, it is exceedingly sad.  The director is half Thai and not a farang, therefore no one will take it seriously etc etc.  It's a "boring story".  What??  One of the most globally captivating events for a long time is boring.  Right.

Some people on here live truly depressing lives.

Edited by josephbloggs

He actually makes good movies. The Last Executioner for example. And this is an interesting story. But Im not a crystal ball film critic like some folks here, so I guess Ill wait till it comes out

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, Lungstib said:

Perhaps I am alone in this but having followed the drama live for 17 days, just 6 months ago, and experienced the real emotions of 'will they be found' and finally 'how will they get them out' I dont see how any film will enhance my experience. The live version had everything and all that will happen now is it will be condensed into under 2 hours and give a few overpaid actors a chance to pretend they are heroes. No thanks.

You sound very closed minded and seem to be making it all about you....

I bet there are several things that occurred during this event that you have no idea about.  And in fact, the movie could well enhance your experience.

Some of the greatest movies ever made are about past events.  Events experienced by a few or like this story, the world.

But don't go, I doubt they will miss your bad attitude and 3 bucks.

Edited by bkk6060

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I bet there are several things that occurred during this event that you have no idea about.

Like what?  We know Elon Musk wasn't respectful towards of one of the main rescuers.  The rest of the story came down to the brave guys locating and pulling the kids out.

It was a remarkable rescue particularly after twelve odd days, but a general release film isn't necessarily going to bring to life the underlying courage of all involved.

Please don't confuse this as a slur on the achievements and bravery of the rescuers and kids. 

Just glad it's not my money going into the financing of this film as definitely on shaky ground.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I bet there are several things that occurred during this event that you have no idea about.

I'm looking forward to the subplot of the sinister henchman who shipped in a nuclear missile in plain sight, all the while pretending to the world it was a mini rescue submarine...

10 hours ago, Media1 said:

His a unknown and the movie will not get picked up. Wait and see. Purely a Thai thing. No movie company has any interest

"Straight to DVD". Lost it's appeal already thanks to everybody milking the story to death, boring now. Internet chews these events up for breakfast.

10 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Anyone see the movie of the 2010 Chilean miner rescue? Doubt it...

I saw it, at home as usual, I don't understand the old school movie theater goers when you can have a good sofa, large screen TV, surround system and all the snack and cold drinks you want right at comfort of your own home, with the ability to pause whenever you want. It was ok with beer and popcorn, I was mostly interested in the tech (drills) they used. This one I'll probably watch too on the sofa with brains turned off. It's another way to kill some leftover time.

I know I've said it before, but... I thought nobody wanted to make a big deal out of this?  (Oh, wait-- money to be made?)

The cave was already damaged by the rescue efforts... let's do further damage to the area with film crews and actors and directors and gawkers tramping all over.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:18 PM, Thailand said:

Di Caprio as the coach? Steven Seagal  chief seal?

Who's gonna play Elon Musk?

7 hours ago, Horace Lamb said:

But it's quite a boring story if we're to be honest.  Boys trapped and some guys come to get them out. 

The story will need to be padded out with a load of boring [Boring Company?] nonsense to make it even remotely viewable.

It was a newsworthy story at the time and after the first week I really believed that they wouldn't be found alive but was pleased as punch once the diver popped up and filmed them all sitting on the ledge. 

Just not sure this translates into a Hollywood blockbuster. 

I'm sure they'll manage... create some drama among the boys (think "Lord of the Flies"?), show some "waiting while biting fingernails" drama from the families, some rescuer drama... it could be a right soap opera, I'm sure.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:18 PM, Thailand said:

... Steven Seagal  chief seal?

He's so big these days he would have sealed up the exit to the cave trying to get in there and everyone inside would have drowned.

They should have gotten that pair of jerks who spray painted the brick wall in Chiang Mai to do some cave paintings.

Prayut will probably have the last word in this film .

As it's a Thai director it will be sponsored by TAT. 

I wonder if there will be a Hollywood production , maybe not.