Uncertainty in Bangkok’s residential property market – CBRE

rooster59

Uncertainty in Bangkok’s residential property market – CBRE

By The Thaiger

bangkok-real-estate-s.jpg

CBRE, an international property consultancy company, is reporting ‘looming uncertainty’ in the Bangkok residential property market.

Although developers have recently increased their launches of condominiums, sales to Thai buyers have slowed in some locations and are likely to slow further with the coming imposition of tighter mortgage lending.

Some developers are trying to find locations where there is real demand from Thai end-users and develop projects that buyers can afford. Others have increased their reliance on foreign sales where there is uncertainty as to who will be the final occupier.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/property/uncertainty-in-bangkoks-residential-property-market-cbre

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-11-25

This might get Thaivisa's armchair real estate speculators, T Team exchange rate/ inflation index doyens, and blowhard economic prognosticators a squawking.   

Then there is that 800K that we all will have in the bank next renewal. Can we say "foreign Currency Account"  Oh yeah   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

The crazy lending practices of reckless banks had to be reined in as ability to repay does not concern them aince they are playing with other peope’s (Yours and my) money.  Banks “at it again” will never cease and regulators must ensure compliance with reasonable practices. 

Edited by Tradewind777

4 minutes ago, Tradewind777 said:

The crazy lending practices of reckless banks had to be reined in as ability to repay does not concern them aince they are playing with other peope’s (Yours and my) money.  Banks “at it again” will never cease and regulators must ensure compliance with reasonable practices. 

Not too sure where you get your ideas about Thai banks lending criteria , but last thing it is , is easy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Bangkok is one of those cities you pass through on the way to somewhere else..... i pity the poor souls that have no choice but to live there.

There is a great fishing place called Bansumran (or similar) in Bang Kapi.

Bkk is doomed anyway. Are we concerned? Only if you have invested in the rat/dog-infested stinky dump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markaoffy said:
2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:
This might get Thaivisa's armchair real estate speculators, T Team exchange rate/ inflation index doyens, and blowhard economic prognosticators a squawking.   

Then there is that 800K that we all will have in the bank next renewal. Can we say "foreign Currency Account"  Oh yeah   :thumbsup:

The mugs who want to spend their $$$ on saturated Bangkok property market aren’t gonna worry about 800k . Overpriced crowded and polluted !

That is not who I am speaking too. Lets see, pair this up with bad news regarding tourist numbers and overbuilding in Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Phuket.  It is most definitely a serious problem nationwide.

As a newly retired individual who naturally wants to concentrate on shuffleboard, bingo, and clipping coupons, I am not happy! ???? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

That is not who I am speaking too. Lets see, pair this up with bad news regarding tourist numbers and overbuilding in Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Phuket.  It is most definitely a serious problem nationwide.

As a newly retired individual who naturally wants to concentrate on shuffleboard, bingo, and clipping coupons, I am not happy! ???? 

Gosh, I wish my life was as exciting as yours!  :sleep:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Bangkok is one of those cities you pass through on the way to somewhere else..... i pity the poor souls that have no choice but to live there.

It depends upon who you are. Bangkok can be ONE of the cities you lived in among others. I lived mostly  in Bangkok , Kuala Lumpur, Singapore ,seoul( spent less time here now) and Shanghai ( also less time now). I find Bangkok vibrant and cosmopolitan but then I lived near mega bangna area which is not really downtown. Rarely travel downtown unless on some mission. 

21 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Why are you unhappy?  You bought property?   If just retired then you have many years to enjoy why worry about market conditions?

• Haha 1

The property market (referring to condos) must hit the wall soon. We live centrally and can see many other high rise condos near us. When I look off the balcony at night sometimes there is less than 10% of the rooms showing lights in the buildings. 

A new expensive brand one just opened up the road and considering it has recently opened you would expect people to be desperate to move in. When I walked past the other night from the pub there was about 3 rooms with lights on what I could guess was well over 100 rooms.

It seems that so many of them are unoccupied for one reason or another.