Tesco Lotus To Drop Disposable Plastic Bags Next Week

webfact

And if I, like many others, do not go to Tesco on that particular day.......no change. Do Macro do it one day per week or every day?

Sorry, did not read it properly. So ALL Tesco's wil use paper bags EVERY DAY. Yoko will be pleased!

Edited by wgdanson
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Starting Dec. 4, Tesco Lotus will replace the plastic bags it offers customers with paper at all of its roughly 2,000 stores.

I wonder if the paper bags they hand out will be free? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And if I, like many others, do not go to Tesco on that particular day.......no change. Do Macro do it one day per week or every day?

Makro never have bags at any stores. Only the large re-usable ones you can purchase. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SimonD said:

There will be a lot of customers caught out by this.

I expect they will just take their fully-laden trolleys home with them...

I was told once that the reason Makro have so many security guards wandering around the car park is for that exact reason. These trolleys run at about $150 a time, and the guards are there to stop people loading them into the backs of pick ups with the shopping. Don't know if it is true, but I can see the logic...

• Like 2

I can remember 40 odd years ago, all supermarkets in Australia used to put your groceries in a large brown paper bag.

Of course we don't want to cut down forests either. and recycled paper wouldn't be enough for the demand. so this is going in cycles, we don't want plastic, but then we don't want to cut down trees either, there's a fortune to be made if someone can come up with a suitable alternative.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SimonD said:

There will be a lot of customers caught out by this.

Won't take long before there is a social media clip of a cashier getting slapped by an upset customer because there aren't any free bags.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, teacherofwoe said:

Let's hope frozen products don't fall through the bottom.

Yes anything that's been refrigerated will sweat in the outside heat...the bag will get wet

your cold beer,milk,butter and frozen peas fall on the floor...????  especially bad when dangling from  motorbike handlebars at 60++ KPH

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Good news, let us hope more follow. I will, however, make one small point if I may. When I go to Lotus in Market Village Hua Hin I take a big bag with me that I keep in the truck. It is folded up, and I place it in the child seat of the trolley. I have been asked by security on a number of occasions that I have to check the bag into the depository ( for want of a better word ), where I get a token. Then retrieve it on my way out. When I explain it is empty, and folded up I am met with a blank look. So.....I pay for my shopping, go back to the entrance, collect my canvas bag, transfer my shopping from the plastic bags to the canvas bag, leave the plastic bags in the trolley and walk out..........:crazy:

Unfortunately they're going to be thrown in the trash by the janitor and/or the cart/trolley wrangler.

That's what I've always observed happening.

You're trying to do the right thing but its not working due to their system.

Perhaps speaking to the manager and showing him the article about Tesco will solve it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1