Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

Looking a Ratcliffe, Dyson, Lawson etc., it appears there has been a misunderstanding.
When the rank and file voted leave they thought that UK would leave the EU.
However it also appears that when the leaders of LEAVE voted, what they had in mind was in fact leaving the UK themselves to live elsewhere.........

12 hours ago, aright said:

This is true for all Labour governments. In the history of UK politics no Labour government ever left the country in a wealthier condition at the end of their term of office than it was at the beginning. 

Total rubbish. Usual lazy Hard Brexiteer imaginings.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

My shit didn't flush down the toilet tonight....probably due to Brexit!

lets hope he hasnt ordered a new bog from the UK and expecting the UK govts company of choice to get it across the channel.The laffing stock of europe is what the UK is,and add HS2 to the list,we cannot get anything right,a shambles of a nation and folks think we can do better alone,get real <deleted>

Government award £13.8m Brexit ferry contract to company with no ships _ Latest Brexit news and top stories - The New European.html

10 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Total rubbish. Usual lazy Hard Brexiteer imaginings.

"My right hon. Friend is factually correct: every Labour Government have left office with unemployment higher than when they came to office."

David Cameron, Prime Minister's Questions, 2 April 2014

"No Labour government has ever left office with unemployment lower than when it started, despite the name of the party." 

The Times (£), 7 April 2014

Global investors believed — rightly — that “old” Labour was incapable of managing the UK’s public finances. A succession of post-war Labour administrations, after all, had steered Britain on to the economic rocks, presiding over sterling crises, soaring inflation and industrial unrest. Labour’s lowest point in government, perhaps, was when chancellor Denis Healey went “cap in hand” to the IMF in 1976, after his party’s fiscal incontinence has caused a run on the pound. This was Britain’s “economic Suez”, the moment the UK lost its status as a world-class economy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aright said:

Sorry to disappoint but no none of those reasons!  Stop rejoicing in the loss of 3500 jobs for the wrong reasons.

"Honda have been very clear

http://www.justintomlinson.com/news/4390-statement-on-honda

honda havent even made a comment yet,sky news broke the news and mr tomlinson will never state brexit was to blame,he would of told the people of swindon it was all project fear for 3 years.  ha ha his career as an MP is nearly over, the EU sunshine awaits along with other MPs and high profile leave clowns.

3 minutes ago, aright said:

"My right hon. Friend is factually correct: every Labour Government have left office with unemployment higher than when they came to office."

"No Labour government has ever left office with unemployment lower than when it started, despite the name of the party." 

Global investors believed — rightly — that “old” Labour was incapable of managing the UK’s public finances. A succession of post-war Labour administrations, after all, had steered Britain on to the economic rocks, presiding over sterling crises, soaring inflation and industrial unrest. Labour’s lowest point in government, perhaps, was when chancellor Denis Healey went “cap in hand” to the IMF in 1976, after his party’s fiscal incontinence has caused a run on the pound. This was Britain’s “economic Suez”, the moment the UK lost its status as a world-class economy.

Rather than the usual hysterical large fonts, let's see if you can research what you originally wrote, namely that the wealth of the country was lower at the end of Labour Governments. 

4 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but I do wish you would stop making speculations when you don't have any hard facts to back up what you're saying. Peace.

turn on a TV it will tell you honda havent made a statement yet,how is that speculation,unless your stating they are not closing which seems rather odd

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

honda havent even made a comment yet,sky news broke the news and mr tomlinson will never state brexit was to blame,he would of told the people of swindon it was all project fear for 3 years.  ha ha his career as an MP is nearly over, the EU sunshine awaits along with other MPs and high profile leave clowns.

There is no accident in both Nissan and Honda making the announcements when they did. It is a message of losing confidence in the Brexit transition. Not that the Hard Brexiteers care. They are devoted to their future fantasies.

18 minutes ago, aright said:

so the run on the pound did nowt for exports then either,try telling you brexit mates on here that.

24 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Rather than the usual hysterical large fonts, let's see if you can research what you originally wrote, namely that the wealth of the country was lower at the end of Labour Governments. 

You are right. Sorry about the font.

There is no official measurement for the wealth of a country but my minds eye sees it to be a function of GDP, capital resources, debt, money exchange, natural resources, reserves, employment etc. As a result I cant give you a figure but I stand by their employment stats, and observations on sterling crises, fiscal incontinence, industrial unrest, etc. 

If you disagree with my view of post war Labour I would be happy to see your reasons and if you have wealth figures even better.

Edited by aright

2 minutes ago, aright said:

You are right. Sorry about the font.

There is no official measurement for the wealth of a country but my minds eye sees it to be a function of GDP, capital resources, debt, money exchange, natural resources, reserves etc. As a result I cant give you a figure but I stand by their employment stats, and observations on sterling crises, fiscal incontinence, industrial unrest, etc. 

If you disagree with my view of post war Labour I would be happy to see your reasons and if you have wealth figures even better.

Have a look at one reference to wealth measurement from 1997 to 2007 (2014). Total wealth is separate from considerations of inequality, political instability or industrial strife. Some may also object to housing playing such a significant part. But there it is. Total wealth has probably increased under every government since the War leading to the financial crisis of 2008.

https://www.ft.com/content/dbae5150-70aa-11e4-9129-00144feabdc0

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

Have a look at one reference to wealth measurement from 1997 to 2007 (2014). Total wealth is separate from considerations of inequality, political instability or industrial strife. Some may also object to housing playing such a significant part. But there it is. Total wealth has probably increased under every government since the War leading to the financial crisis of 2008.

https://www.ft.com/content/dbae5150-70aa-11e4-9129-00144feabdc0

Thanks but I can't open FT

2 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Actually I haven't said anything at all about the matter...until now ????

The only comments have been made by Mr Tomlinson who stated what a previous poster mentioned " Honda have been very clear: this decision has been made because of global trends and is not related to Brexit, "- whether we believe him or not is another matter but until such time Honda have made a statement this is all we have to go on. May I also add that they are closing their plant in Turkey - Are you blaming that on Brexit.

I doubt Honda would make a decision like this before they knew what the outcome of Brexit is. If we do leave (which I doubt VERY much) then yes I can see companies starting to put their contingency plans into action.

they already planned to close for a week which they were seething at,add the chaos since and they have probably had enough and thought <deleted> it,who can blame them,there are 1100 japanesse companies in the UK employing 140,000 honda and nissan are likely to follow but that could just be the start

1 minute ago, aright said:

Thanks but I can't open FT

Just an excerpt here:

"The UK’s total wealth has increased by 69 per cent since 1997 but is still below the peak reached before the crisis in 2007, according to data published on Thursday. The annual estimate of the country’s balance sheet from the Office for National Statistics put the total at £7.6tn."

I draw from the above that total wealth increased under New Labour. I am, however, not confident that the post-war trend would continue under a Corbyn Government. I do hold the view that Hard Brexiteer splitting of the Tory Party will increase the risk of a Corbyn Government. Both extremes will feed off each other. 

15 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Just an excerpt here:

"The UK’s total wealth has increased by 69 per cent since 1997 but is still below the peak reached before the crisis in 2007, according to data published on Thursday. The annual estimate of the country’s balance sheet from the Office for National Statistics put the total at £7.6tn."

I draw from the above that total wealth increased under New Labour. I am, however, not confident that the post-war trend would continue under a Corbyn Government. I do hold the view that Hard Brexiteer splitting of the Tory Party will increase the risk of a Corbyn Government. Both extremes will feed off each other. 

So what elements do they use to determine total wealth?

Did Man U--Chelsea keep you up ? 

One observation, my wealth was predicated on the government not the Prime Minister and labour was in power from 1997 to 2010

Edited by aright

poor lazy failures in life blame the govt of the day for their woes,neither have bothered me alto i would prefer a tory govt even if i didnt vote for them as its a waste of time in my area,the labour failures blame the tories and EU for everything around here,they are even starting early with the excuses for when nissan goes,its the tories and EUs fault,nowt to do with brexit,you couldnt make it up

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

poor lazy failures in life blame the govt of the day for their woes,neither have bothered me alto i would prefer a tory govt even if i didnt vote for them as its a waste of time in my area,the labour failures blame the tories and EU for everything around here,they are even starting early with the excuses for when nissan goes,its the tories and EUs fault,nowt to do with brexit,you couldnt make it up

You started that sentence so well then it sort of got away from you didn't' it ????

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

How about answering Chelseafan's question:

"May I also add that they are closing their plant in Turkey - Are you blaming that on Brexit?"

Also do you not think it's a coincidence that the EU sign a trade deal with Japan, then all of a sudden Japanese companies start moving production back to Japan? It could be that Japanese companies no longer need a base in the EU, now that they have tariff free access from Japan, coupled with the decline in sales across the EU. 

Why wouldn't they wait just a bit longer to see how UK/EU negotiations end up, if this was about Brexit?

Why are they not moving production to EU countries, if this is about Brexit? 

See if you can actually answer these questions rather than running your country down and talking about Chile and Iraq all the time. 

brexit is the major factor,other minor reasons/excuses may of played a minor part but thats all,the penny will drop with you eventually when the others follow suit,and so much for all these great trade deals youve talked about for years if this is the outcome,no major trading company is going to want to be based on an isolated island on the edge of the EU,nissan and toyota will be gone and then it wont even be debatable.i was right you were wrong,answer the question i asked earlier "where are all these deals going to come from" you kept going on about

5 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

You started that sentence so well then it sort of got away from you didn't' it ????

i have no time for lazy failure's in life who blame govts because they have failed,perhaps you have time for them,that is your choice,i dont ???? people are usually poor for a reason,i was brought up to work hard and be wise with money,maybe you had were not,good luck if you managed to do well without hard work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You say I kept going on about trade deals we will sign.  I didn't, but I'll answer your question anyway.

We can't sign FTAs until we have left the EU. We are making some progress with pre-trade agreement discussions, but it will take time to get FTAs in place after we leave. 

There are 168 countries outside the EU, and I believe they account for something like 85% of global trade. So there is a lot up for grabs. 

Now, how about you stop avoiding answering my questions? Don't just say Brexit is the major factor when that is simply what you want to believe, with no evidence to back it up. 

i said honda would leave,they are leaving,1 down 3 to go,the evidence is in my stating it dozens of times on here,you called it project fear but i was right,END OF STORY

1 hour ago, bomber said:

i have no time for lazy failure's in life who blame govts because they have failed,perhaps you have time for them,that is your choice,i dont ???? people are usually poor for a reason,i was brought up to work hard and be wise with money,maybe you had were not,good luck if you managed to do well without hard work.

My biggest problems in life have arisen on the grounds that I've been too trusting, too generous, too expectant. Much of the time people have a hidden agenda; and the politicians, along with bankers and big business, are right up there. Corbyn is a breath of fresh air, along with Farage, Moggie and Galloway. I don't particularly care what side of the political fence they are. I simply want the politicians to be honest.

I read you with the 'lazy' stakes Bomber. If anyone called me lazy they would be off my Xmas card list in an instant. Only one thing worse than being pronounced lazy IMO; and that's being pronounced 'dead'.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You say I kept going on about trade deals we will sign.  I didn't, but I'll answer your question anyway.

We can't sign FTAs until we have left the EU. We are making some progress with pre-trade agreement discussions, but it will take time to get FTAs in place after we leave. 

There are 168 countries outside the EU, and I believe they account for something like 85% of global trade. So there is a lot up for grabs. 

Now, how about you stop avoiding answering my questions? Don't just say Brexit is the major factor when that is simply what you want to believe, with no evidence to back it up. 

Yes, a lot up for grabs as always, but trade talks are like playing water polo in molasses. But that is what you voted for I guess.

I had a chat with a senior trade negotiator they other day about another trade deal in the Pacific. Going nowhere cause the Indians aren’t in a rush. 

What you can achieve in the EU and within the EU in the space of a year trade wise most other nations take 10.

But yeah, blue passports...

• Haha 1