Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Dear, dear Bomber. 58/60% leave is now the above Watford Gap average.

Those Barnier, Junker and Verustat chaps have played right into the leave's hands. Too bloody-minded for their own good.

Roll on Freedom. Reestablish our rightful place in the world, while the EU crumbles.

swindon is below the gap,never mind those folks will re-locate to the fens and do some tatty picking for minimum wage along with the sunderland turkeys,£7.80 p/h instead of £13-15   thousands of jobs heading for the EU now,they fully deserve them

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Wait for it..

“Diesel”

“Bad Management”

“The EU”

“Project Fear”

”We don’t need cars, we were a great nation without all those factories”

3, 2, 1...

dont forget germany and tusk,and EU law

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Obviously it's something you would never understand.

I’ve got a blue passport already. And brown one. The more rights I have from a passport the better. 

I just don’t go around blaming Angela Merkel, Brussels and nasty foreigners for everything. 

Edited by samran

33 minutes ago, samran said:

It will escape the blue passport lovers  that Japan’s closest trading relationships are all regional. 

But it don’t worry, brexit means they can devote all their energies to overtaking Singapore for exports to Japan! 

Funny that, having strong relationships with the markets close to you...

most brexit voters wouldnt be able to point out japan on a world map

25 minutes ago, brexiteer said:

I think you understand little about the fragility of the EU economies............................ the Germans won't stand for open cheque book support.

the majority of the world economies are fragile at the moment,who exactly are you suggesting germany are going to open the cheque book for? 

16 minutes ago, bomber said:

most brexit voters wouldnt be able to point out japan on a world map

I’m sure they might be able to. They were the ‘foreigner’ whipping boy de-jour in the 80s.

I suspect the ‘stop the world I want to get off (with my blue passport)’ types will remember them before they started whipping up fear about the Eastern Europeans. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, samran said:

Trade talks with the Japanese continue to go backwards.

Wasnt this supposed to be all so easy? 

https://www.ft.com/content/9cd62bde-32ba-11e9-bd3a-8b2a211d90d5?fbclid=IwAR11D9rE2Gf_88Dbw15F7G-U8SzcC-_whXpTpaoNKlweqjTM6FtrhAdTDNo

easy?

snap of the finger

rest of the world just can't wait for the UK to leave EU so they

can establish large scale trade deals

WTO trade must wait though, silly UK doesn't have her WTO stuff ready

and agreed so far

come end of March satang will be draining on the foggy islands

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

easy?

snap of the finger

rest of the world just can't wait for the UK to leave EU so they

can establish large scale trade deals

WTO trade must wait though, silly UK doesn't have her WTO stuff ready

and agreed so far

come end of March satang will be draining on the foggy islands

Whatever drugs you are on, can I have some please. 

You do realise that you’ll need your ‘WTO stuff’ ready first, cause all your trade deals will need to be WTO compliant? 

And no they won’t be a ‘snap of a finger’. You are out in your own and none of your trading partners are going to cut you any slack tradewise. And the ‘free’ trade deals you will eventually sign will rarely ever mean ‘free’. 

8 minutes ago, samran said:

Whatever drugs you are on, can I have some please. 

You do realise that you’ll need your ‘WTO stuff’ ready first, cause all your trade deals will need to be WTO compliant? 

And no they won’t be a ‘snap of a finger’. You are out in your own and none of your trading partners are going to cut you any slack tradewise. And the ‘free’ trade deals you will eventually sign will rarely ever mean ‘free’. 

nope,

nothing stops UK from establishing trade deals outside of the OMC environment

OMC is an offer, not a strait jacket.

No, they will not be snap of the finger but brexiteers think they will be.

They believe the world is dying to trade with UK.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

There has been no official announcement yet.  The rumours suggest the closure will happen in 2022. It is likely to switch production to Japan. 

Could it be that Japanese companies will do this more and more now that Japan has a FTA with the EU? They can now produce goods in their home country, giving jobs to Japanese workers and boosting their home economy whilst no longer having EU tariffs when exporting from Japan. 

Car makers globally are facing a crisis, and having to make huge decisions to survive. I don't doubt that Brexit uncertainty makes Honda's decision a little bit easier, but if Brexit was the main reason surely they would wait a few weeks to see if we get a deal with the EU first. My gut feeling is they wanted to move production back to Japan because of the FTA and shrinking sales in Europe.

We'll see... 

you forgot to mention project fear ???????????????? and bad management,  now who was it again said honda would be gone in 3-5 years and you laffed at him,as your hero farage would say,YOUR NOT LAFFING NOW ARE YOU ????

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Chile has got absolutely excellent wine and excellent fish.

i prefer portuguese wines,but we wont get a good deal with them now,but ive cured the problem though,leave the UK and live in portugal ????????

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

i prefer portuguese wines,but we wont get a good deal with them now,but ive cured the problem though,leave the UK and live in portugal ????????

enjoy

Portugal is an excellent place to while away,

in addition to wine, they also have a formidable fish culture

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Wait for it..

“Diesel”

“Bad Management”

“The EU”

“Project Fear”

”We don’t need cars, we were a great nation without all those factories”

3, 2, 1...

Sorry to disappoint but no none of those reasons!  Stop rejoicing in the loss of 3500 jobs for the wrong reasons.

"Honda have been very clear – this decision has been made because of global trends and is not related to Brexit. The Turkey factory will also close as all European market production is being consolidated to Japan where the company is based.

This consolidation is made easier by the new EU-Japan trade deal which will allow Honda to produce their cars in Japan and import them into the EU, rather than produce the cars in Europe."

http://www.justintomlinson.com/news/4390-statement-on-honda

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Sorry to disappoint but no none of those reasons!  Stop rejoicing in the loss of 3500 jobs for the wrong reasons.

"Honda have been very clear – this decision has been made because of global trends and is not related to Brexit. The Turkey factory will also close as all European market production is being consolidated to Japan where the company is based.

This consolidation is made easier by the new EU-Japan trade deal which will allow Honda to produce their cars in Japan and import them into the EU, rather than produce the cars in Europe."

global trends ????   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aright said:

i see justin soon to be ex MP for swindon was a brexit supporter,theres another seat for Labour,another turkey voting for xmas who claimed these big businesses were all bluffing,not laffing now is he,i wonder when he plans to leave the UK? after the next GE it seems

56 minutes ago, aright said:

how can mr tomlinson be devestated he was a leave voter and now has exactly what he wanted,will he flee to the EU when he fails to regain his seat at the next GE

4 hours ago, samran said:

Deary me...

you export EUR 15bn to little old Belgium - tariff free and with no restrictions.

But yeah, makes sense to put new barriers up for those exports so you can spend the next 20 year eeking out marginal concessions from the Japanese. 

Yeah, I know I know, blue passports makes it totally worth it. 

The Japanese and another 160 or so countries. Can't do jack at the moment.

3 hours ago, bomber said:

you forgot to mention project fear ???????????????? and bad management,  now who was it again said honda would be gone in 3-5 years and you laffed at him,as your hero farage would say,YOUR NOT LAFFING NOW ARE YOU ????

"now who was it again said honda would be gone in 3-5 years"

Go on, tell us.  Was it that genius called bomber? 

I'm not really sure about all this laffing you talk about. Did I laff then? 

40 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

"now who was it again said honda would be gone in 3-5 years"

Go on, tell us.  Was it that genius called bomber? 

I'm not really sure about all this laffing you talk about. Did I laff then? 

it was indeed bomber,honda are the first expect the others will follow very soon,60000-80000 jobs will be gone,and where are all these trade deals with a world tripping over themselves to sign with us?  they aint happening just admit it.