Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

15 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Thanks for that interesting sidelight, a timely indication that Brexit (assuming it happens, which is by no means certain) will be a long haul, with the hoped-for economic gains coming in the medium to long term.

culdna agree more

if Brexit happens Easter time,

its gonna take years to disentangle UK from EU,

regardless of the Brexit being no deal or deal

get that PM TM out of the way, the sooner the better

make space for serious work by someone who has a grip on multilateral talks

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

culdna agree more

if Brexit happens Easter time,

its gonna take years to disentangle UK from EU,

regardless of the Brexit being no deal or deal

get that PM TM out of the way, the sooner the better

make space for serious work by someone who has a grip on multilateral talks

nobody wanted to replace her,not even boris who didnt have the balls when his chance came,

2 hours ago, bomber said:

nobody wanted to replace her,not even boris who didnt have the balls when his chance came,

right

seems the UK has serious leadership problems

maybe it would be an advantage to Westminster if NI joined ROI and Scotland left

would be less to handle, maybe more takers for the tiller

dunno - what a mess

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bomber said:

Scroll back, we were speaking about that earlier and why its not too important , trade between UK and other Countries can still continue without individual agreements , just under WTO rules , which is just a bit more paperwork to fill out

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Scroll back, we were speaking about that earlier and why its not too important , trade between UK and other Countries can still continue without individual agreements , just under WTO rules , which is just a bit more paperwork to fill out

so the great trade deals that you said would replace the lost EU trade are not going to happen? i get it now,it was another project dream

52% is mathematically higher than 48.

In a case of a nation the government is aware that nearly the 1/2 of its population has a different opinion than the other 1/2, and that this may eventually create hard confrontation between their citizens. 

While the majority has to been respected, the government can not simply ignore the 48%.

One way is to prove the 48, that the 52 were right. 

Not evident so far, the 48 still blaming the 52, the 52 blaming the E.U..

Real tangible facts are necessary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aright said:

There you go getting all over-reactive, protective and hissy, but if I offended I am sorry.

You certainly have a right to comment and you certainly don't need to justify your existence to me. I only ask because your experience of people in the UK is completely different to mine and since my business requires extensive travel and there aren't too many places I haven't been I just wondered where that place is. If you are going to make statements about the feelings of plenty of people it's not unreasonable for me to ask where are they?

However if you are working undercover and don't want to identify that place......fine with me.....you didn't have to get apoplectic, all you had to say was I prefer not to tell you......job done.

As for pedantic text, reading is not compulsory so do yourself a favour.  

You seem obsessed by me. Let it go man! Oh and learn about paragraphs.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

This is Hans Olaf Henkel, member of the European Parliament, he states that the EU must take some responsibility for the UK leaving the EU.

The U.K. leaving the E.U. will not be a good thing for the E.U.. 

All the members of the E.U. are aware of this.

Nevertheless they  all agree they can only accept the requirements of the U.K. to a certain degree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

The EU could have done much more, they chose not to, from the biginning they have been very heavy handed and intransigent, not losing face is more important to them than businesses going under on mainland Europe and in the UK.

This is an opinion, you are of course entitled to have.

Some others ( Europeans ) have also an opinion; they consider that the U.K. is still thinking they are exceptional, and that their requests should automatically be accepted by anyone, hands down. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

This is an opinion, you are of course entitled to have.

Some others ( Europeans ) have also an opinion; they consider that the U.K. is still thinking they are exceptional, and that their requests should automatically be accepted by anyone, hands down. 

Of course you are entitled to your opinion too.

What makes you think that the British think they are exceptional, what I think is that we both see the EU differently. I would be nice if we all understood each others perception of the EU.

But there are many on here coming out with wording like, the 'Brits are nothing but trouble', 'why don't you leave now', I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea. I just wonder if these people that write this actually have an ulterior motive for it.

But the reason I posted the video, was because he spoke a lot of sense, in a friendly manner, something lacking within the EU, would you agree?

• Like 1

Being 70, I am not really interested anymore.

Rather selfish, I hope, and sure many Europeans of my age and even younger hope as well, Brexit doesn't affect us personally.

Negative comments about the British or the Europeans will always appear on a forum.

The majority of the Europeans, idem the British, have no hard feeling against each other.

Each party know that the others are different in many aspects.

But if things may turn bad, it is a great possibility that the Europeans will blame all the British without distinction ( Leavers/Remainers) for it.

As there is the a great possibility that the U.K. blame the E.U. for everything.

6 hours ago, samran said:

You seem obsessed by me. Let it go man! Oh and learn about paragraphs.

Not as obsessed and masochistic as you are with pedantic text!

????  I'm finished????   

Edited by aright
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, luckyluke said:

52% is mathematically higher than 48.

In a case of a nation the government is aware that nearly the 1/2 of its population has a different opinion than the other 1/2, and that this may eventually create hard confrontation between their citizens. 

While the majority has to been respected, the government can not simply ignore the 48%.

One way is to prove the 48, that the 52 were right. 

Not evident so far, the 48 still blaming the 52, the 52 blaming the E.U..

Real tangible facts are necessary.

The lack of the supermajority, the ignoring of the 40% and the decision to go for the most extreme brexit possible are why this thing has driven a coach and horses the social fabric of the country.

Whatever happens things will never be the same again and I'm rather sad the UK I came from has died.

Imposing  the tyranny of the majority on a population will always cause seething descent and may work for a whille, but represion often ends in decent and sometimes terrorism.

Just supposing  the conservatives had won an election and -

stopped all forms of social security

reduced takes on the highest paid to 10%

Made the NHS pay as you go.

abolished minimum wages.

Or Labour won and the decided to 

Nationalize all private houses without compensation and  allocate them to the poor

tax people who earn more than 60,000 at 90%

make public transport free, but tax private cars at £2000 per year  

take into public ownership all the banks and financial companies 

Now in either  case half the country is going to be unhappy - why should it be any different with brexit ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Are you listening, Remainers? 

Of course they aren't...…..it's a question of religion.

The UK has a surplus and unemployment is it's lowest in 40 odd years. The Government has reduced the deficit considerably and our banks recently passed rigid stress testing.

Many countries in the EU are either in or moving toward recession.

The EU is collapsing under public debt.

The Euro has a serious survival problem.

Water levels in the Rhine are at an all time low.????

Germany and France being run by the most over rated politician of recent times and a Pound Shop Napoleon

And Remainers want to stay in; it's a strange strategy. 

The biggest worry for the EU now is for the UK to stay in the Union and bring the Brexit fight to the May European elections.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

The lack of the supermajority, the ignoring of the 40% and the decision to go for the most extreme brexit possible are why this thing has driven a coach and horses the social fabric of the country.

Whatever happens things will never be the same again and I'm rather sad the UK I came from has died.

Imposing  the tyranny of the majority on a population will always cause seething descent and may work for a whille, but represion often ends in decent and sometimes terrorism.

Just supposing  the conservatives had won an election and -

stopped all forms of social security

reduced takes on the highest paid to 10%

Made the NHS pay as you go.

abolished minimum wages.

Or Labour won and the decided to 

Nationalize all private houses without compensation and  allocate them to the poor

tax people who earn more than 60,000 at 90%

make public transport free, but tax private cars at £2000 per year  

take into public ownership all the banks and financial companies 

Now in either  case half the country is going to be unhappy - why should it be any different with brexit ?

Teebee, dear boy, had the vote gone 66/33 you would still be expounding the same nonsense that it's unfair that a third of the country should be unhappy. It's what people do when they don't accept reality.

It is what it is

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, aright said:

Teebee, dear boy, had the vote gone 66/33 you would still be expounding the same nonsense that it's unfair that a third of the country should be unhappy. It's what people do when they don't accept reality.

It is what it is

So what happened to the great British tradition of compromise?

aright, your right.  The EU is an ideology, and as such will

not accept criticism or reason.  They have ignored the fact

that the unrest in Europe is a symptom of a collapsing empire.

A large enough rising of the people must take the opportunity

to seize the central banks for the people.

BoE must be the prime target here..

They are the main cause of all inequality.

• Like 1