Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

I found this on another website.

Beware it has the "F" word quite a few times in it.

I found it a little boring to begin with but quite funny later.

Thanks for posting that link Bill, it gave me a good laugh first thing in the morning - which is usually quite difficult! ????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

No, once you have voted , you cannot change your mind .

Well , you can change your mind , but you cannot change your vote .

Once you have voted , then thats your opinion caste .

You cannot go back a few days , weeks, years later and try to change your vote .

As soon as your vote is in the ballot box , thats it  , no going back

Naive and uninformed. Parliamentary democracy doesn't work that way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Thanks for posting that link Bill, it gave me a good laugh first thing in the morning - which is usually quite difficult! ????

Clowns on the green. That's about what's left for the forum Brexiteers.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Not voting is a pathetic, ineffective form of protest."

In the absence of PR, I've thought for decades that in GEs there should be an additional option 'None of the above'.

This would likely encourage more of the electorate to vote, and if enough people voted this way - it might force the govt. to take notice!

A Nothing Suggestion.

11 hours ago, elliss said:

Nuff  said ,

Your taxable  profits , been  declared , in  your beloved UK,  on your investents , in this poor third world country .??

Proud to be British ?  ,   You should make a good thai soap opera star,  our leading actor ,

the Great White Hunter, our saviour .

One who alone, who  civilised   Thailand ,  a  highly educated/ wealthy missionary ,  we are indeed blessed .. 555

Let us not forget ,    you   pay tax , Na ka.  555

I pay income tax and corporation tax here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Not voting is a pathetic, ineffective form of protest."

In the absence of PR, I've thought for decades that in GEs there should be an additional option 'None of the above'.

This would likely encourage more of the electorate to vote, and if enough people voted this way - it might force the govt. to take notice!

Don’t ‘not vote’. Be careful about how you spoil your ballot. The Returning Officers do have some leeway in interpreting the voters intentions. They use this to reduce their problem ballots. A very clear line through the page and ‘NONE’ is the way to go. A count of those is not often published but is recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

59 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Of course people can express disagreement, and of course people can change their minds. Democracy though depends upon votes being enacted upon. If the public votes for something, with the solemn promise made very explicitly that the result will be final

Democracy depends upon laws and rules being followed. Democracy doesn’t work if laws and rules can be ignored and overturned by some abusing their power. If those laws and rules say that I can vote for MPs to represent me and the country, then such vote only works if it’s being followed, rather than a prime minister trying to overturn parliamentary representative democracy and thus my right to vote for someone to represent me. 

Democracy also depends upon fair votes. When votes are being manipulated, the purpose of it is being defeated, and the vote is worth nothing and should not be enacted upon. When millions of voters have been lied to, how do you want to know whether the vote they casted is actually what they wanted? The result says nothing, or only that people voted for the many lies being told. As those lies, however, cannot be implemented, the peoples’ votes are not being acted upon as you demand.

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, nontabury said:

bomber is not alone in talking his country down,it seems to be an affliction that effects many remainer.

Yeah I don't know the future for UK like remainers do, I don't understand them wanting UK to be part of a type of United States, my view has always been it's never gonna work.

From the start I just have looked at the countries in the mafia club, as I have said before look at the state of Greece, Italy's got the hump, Spain, Portugal, and look at the state of France, Hungry and Poland are against grain of EU, the only lot to have benefited is Germany, Austria.

I think it was Maggie who said she wanted a deal like Switzerland and " not the UK, being one of the EU's largest economies paying more than most members.

Only Germany and France consistently contribute more funding, while Italy pays about the same amount."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, talahtnut said:

Democracy is an illusion, whichever way you vote, nothing

changes.

We can understand this, by examining the original psychological

ideals responsible for the foundation of the EU.

An interesting read from that period would be 'Practical Idealism',

by Kalergi.  Scary stuff!

Psycho-babble.

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I don't know the future for UK like remainers do, I don't understand them wanting UK to be part of a type of United States, my view has always been it's never gonna work.

From the start I just have looked at the countries in the mafia club, as I have said before look at the state of Greece, Italy's got the hump, Spain, Portugal, and look at the state of France, Hungry and Poland are against grain of EU, the only lot to have benefited is Germany, Austria.

I think it was Maggie who said she wanted a deal like Switzerland and " not the UK, being one of the EU's largest economies paying more than most members.

Only Germany and France consistently contribute more funding, while Italy pays about the same amount."

That's all the Brexiteers seem to have got left now: muttering on and on to themselves about nothing much really. Shutting down in advance of March 30.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1