Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

If you can't understand it's crap, then I won't be able to convince you otherwise.   

I am not asking you to convince me of anything.

What I asked was

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So enlighten me; what specifics in her plan do you disagree with, and with what would you replace them?

That instead of making any attempt at answering you make the above pathetic excuse for dodging the question speaks volumes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, damascase said:

True! Known as the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) clause in the WTO Agreement.

By the way: the UK is currently granting unilateral preferential tariffs to developing countries under the EU’s - UN based -Generalized System of Preferences. The MFN-clause is waived for this regime. When the UK is out the EU and does not have its own GSP in place, it will have to levy the normal duties on imports from those countries (or it will have to apply these preferences to all WTO Members).

Just listened to a speech this evening given by senior trade negotiatior. One of his favourite stories was the Japanese banning the import of European made skis because ‘their snow was different’.

Another grain exporter I spoke to also just admitted he has spent 8 years too-ing and fro-ing from China, and in reality, he hasn’t achieved very much. 

So you are giving up unrivalled access to a market of 400m people so you can go out and have the ‘freedom’ of butting your heads against the wall.

Yes I know I know, the blue passports are worth it..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, samran said:

Just listened to a speech this evening given by senior trade negotiatior. One of his favourite stories was the Japanese banning the import of European made skis because ‘their snow was different’.

Another grain exporter I spoke to also just admitted he has spent 8 years too-ing and fro-ing from China, and in reality, he hasn’t achieved very much. 

So you are giving up unrivalled access to a market of 400m people so you can go out and have the ‘freedom’ of butting your heads against the wall.

Yes I know I know, the blue passports are worth it..

Good point. Our ski exports to Japan and grain to China are immense.

As for EU Imports and Exports they are Quid pro Quo.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

No, Brexit has caused some problems (mostly short term), but why persist in blaming Brexit for all gloomy news? You just devalue your argument by falsely pointing the finger of blame at Brexit. The car industry is going through a crisis and is changing rapidly.

There will be more stories like this in the UK and elsewhere in Europe. Read the story!

"The Japanese carmaker said the move was part of plans to withdraw from the premium car market in western Europe, where the Infiniti brand faces stiff competition from local rivals including Jaguar Land Rover, Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. The company did not mention Brexit.

Infiniti blamed Europe-wide market conditions for its decision. Tougher European vehicle emissions standards made research and development more expensive, while the slump in demand for diesel cars has shaken the car industry.

Hong Kong-based Infiniti said its restructuring plan would “focus the brand on its largest growth markets, specifically North America and China, while withdrawing from western Europe”.

The company said it would place more focus on its sports utility vehicle lineup in North America, as well as introduce five new vehicles to China over the next five years. Those markets will be served by factories in Japan, North America and Mexico."

Yes, yes. It is merely pure happenstance that we are being abandoned in droves at this moment. Doubtlessly the world will come to its senses soon enough and kowtow to the mighty British Lion on the blue passport.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I suspect you won't be blaming this on Brexit: 

LSH Auto UK to open Europe’s ‘largest’ Mercedes-Benz showrooms

LSH Auto UK has said that Greater Manchester and Birmingham will “reap the economic benefits” of its recent investments as it prepares to open two new Mercedes-Benz dealerships.

The group, part of the world’s largest Mercedes-Benz retail group (LSH International), has created 55 new jobs at Mercedes-Benz of Stockport, and 32 new jobs at the site at Mercedes-Benz of Erdington ahead of their official opening later this year.

https://www.am-online.com/news/dealer-news/2019/03/08/lsh-auto-uk-to-open-europe-s-largest-mercedes-benz-showrooms

87 new jobs? Wow. Let joy be unconfined...

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

Here's one of many. Easy to find. Quote from the link:

Only one conclusion can be drawn from these facts. When he promised the British people that they would not lose their independence or their sovereignty, Edward Heath knew perfectly well that Britain’s joining the EEC would necessarily involve the sacrifice of both independence and sovereignty.  Edward Heath deliberately lied to the British people.  And Heath’s lies have led directly to the situation we are in today.

https://www.richardmilton.net/the-secret-edward-heath-kept-from-the-british-people/

Another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG1fHbU5LmE

Those are people opining that Heath lied. I know there are plenty of people who assert that; I said as much earlier.

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have found plenty of articles etc. asserting that Heath lied

Why did you feel the need to find links to prove what I said?

However, you said

15 hours ago, nauseus said:

Heath lied and he admitted it later.

(7by7 emphasis)

To which I responded

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Can you provide a direct quote from Heath in which he admits this?

So instead of posting yet more links to articles and videos which prove the truth of my earlier statement, how about a quote from the man himself to prove yours? A quote in which he admits he lied; the quote you claim exists.

56 minutes ago, aright said:

When you start answering the questions I and other contributors asked I will start answering yours.

Really?

I have endeavoured to answer every question put to me. (That you don't like the answer doesn't mean I haven't provided one!)

Yet you Brexiteers regularly ignore my questions to you.

I recently asked a question of both @nauseus in this topic and @Laughing Gravy in another. Nauseus gave a feeble excuse for not answering; Laughing Gravy simply ignored it. (Though @Krataiboy made an attempt at answering it by quoting the headline of an article behind a paywall; shame he couldn't give his own opinion, though.)

So, I'll ask you that question and see if you answer: what specifics in May's deal do you disagree with, and with what would you replace them?