Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

17 hours ago, evadgib said:

I guess here is as good a place as any to post this:

Thanks for posting this. I have a copy of the full Withdrawal Agreement (treaty) but it's really tough going - typical of all EU treaties! This summary shows why this so-called deal is so poor and not even a deal in any case. How many more years would a deal take to be reached? Who knows?

The Irish issue is so important but the VDO highlights the other main problems. I can only hope that some of the leave MPs who seem to have changed their minds may have had legal advice identifying a loophole or two that would enable us to slip out of this flytrap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When all else fails there is always the cheque book.

The prime minister is expected to offer fresh guarantees on the Irish backstop, as well as the prospect of more funding for Northern Ireland, as she battles to secure the DUP's crucial backing for her exit plan.

Dozens of Tory Eurosceptics are likely to fall into line if the DUP's ten MPs agree to vote for the deal, allowing Ms May to hold a third "meaningful vote" on the plan this week. If she cannot win the DUP's support, however, then plans for a Commons vote on Tuesday are likely to be scrapped.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-updates-theresa-may-deal-vote-commons-dup-a8827751.html

44 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The first half of this is correct but I've seen nothing to support the latter.

One other thought. Isn't the obligation of an MP at the vote for the triggering of article 50 to support the view of his constituents but once that has been resolved isn't it then their obligation to support in its entirety the process for leaving having due regard to their preferred leave deal but without regard to any other issue like another referendum or a leave in name only? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Bercow:

Analysis:

It looks to be a large single hex  Britool "spanner". I have never seen such a carry-on in parliament! 

Erskine May! Seventeenth century precedent! JRM wriggling with joy! Fabulous. 

Loathsome is being a bitch and slapped down accordingly!

Bercow continues to be magnificent!

Well that's it! I feel privileged to watch the Magus perform live!

Edited by Grouse

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

The first half of this is correct but I've seen nothing to support the latter.

I, too, have yet to see any Brexiteer call for the resignation of a Leave supporting MP who represents a Remain constituency; let alone accuse one of hypocrisy.

Will you now do so?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I, too, have yet to see any Brexiteer call for the resignation of a Leave supporting MP who represents a Remain constituency; let alone accuse one of hypocrisy.

Will you now do so?

My only observation is that the Brexit "debate" has proven to be hugely divisive and has now deteriorated to what resembles a schoolyard squabble.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KarlS said:

My only observation is that the Brexit "debate" has proven to be hugely divisive and has now deteriorated to what resembles a schoolyard squabble.

We need a general election....The UK parliament rules not referendums 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

So your not a big believer in Democracy. 

D1218731-2C6A-47A9-B813-C830F7AE688D.jpeg

Who in the UK loses their freedom of movement on less than a 2 percent majority?

Fortunately it is only the population and not individuals, the benefit of a justice system rather than perverse interpretation of democracy.

The dictionary refers to "the wishes of most of the people" but for some reason the UK seems to think that "most" means potentially an inconclusive number. The referendum was fundamentally flawed from day one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Grouse said:

It looks to be a large single hex  Britool "spanner". I have never seen such a carry-on in parliament! 

Erskine May! Seventeenth century precedent! JRM wriggling with joy! Fabulous. 

Loathsome is being a bitch and slapped down accordingly!

Bercow continues to be magnificent!

Well that's it! I feel privileged to watch the Magus perform live!

B-Liar will be on GMB this morning UK time being grilled by Piers Morgan*

(*was a remainer but is alright now! ???? )

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Will you now do so?

The most recent example FYI:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, evadgib said:

B-Liar will be on GMB this morning UK time being grilled by Piers Morgan*

(*was a remainer but is alright now! ???? )

Piers Morgan is a complete Arse. I shall give that one a miss.

• Haha 2

On 3/17/2019 at 7:43 PM, owl sees all said:

This debate is just like the people trying to get onto the Titanic. Remoaners are saying that the ship is destined for great things. Brexiteers are saying "don't get on, there are not enough lifeboats."

And, as we now know the Titanic didn't do so well. Just like the ship; the EU is doomed. Our country saved by astute voters; as will be evident at the EU elections.

A load of old ship.

Edited by SheungWan

14 hours ago, Grouse said:

Bercow has just delivered a very strong statement

He will NOT allow an unchanged debate in May's deal

so much for a sovereign parliament,

trapped in its own crap originating from Stonehenge

and the weirdos on the foggy islands are proud of their traditions

Edited by melvinmelvin
  • Haha 2