Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

31 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I only posted it so that Grouse could snap another Kit Kat ????

Really?

Considering how you avidly watch his every appearance and then post it here, I thought you must be a big fan of his!

• Haha 1

The epic March to Leave trundles on - I reckon on this leg a 100 tops and of course without the Blessed Nigel. If the much vaunted 'big trouble ahead' had any legs then surely they should have thousands by now. 

UPDATE 53..

Don’t worry. We’ll cope! They came... they had a cut price jar at Wetherspoons... and they nicked off. All fifty three of them. Barely enough for a round.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

14 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The epic March to Leave trundles on - I reckon on this leg a 100 tops and of course without the Blessed Nigel. If the much vaunted 'big trouble ahead' had any legs then surely they should have thousands by now. 

The Olympic & Commonwealth torches spend much of their journey(s) in the hands of similarly small numbers en-route to their destination...

Image result for olympic torch route uk

Edited by evadgib

12 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Olympic torch in Ripon for 2012 Olympics...

Image result for RIPON OLYMPIC TORCH

Hardly a fair comparison in the middle of town & in Summer. The die-hards will be tackling more hardy terrain...

Related image

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

in July.

I shall Brexit March only if the weather is good.....what snowflakes these stout Yeoman of England have become.....????

D2DLG-MWoAAz4io.jpg

https://newsthump.com/2019/03/19/nigel-farages-brexit-betrayal-march-hires-200-polish-walkers-after-finding-brits-are-not-willing-to-do-the-job/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

More originality. Your superior intellect is amazing. I wish the mods would ban this picture or at least start giving the fella royalties.

Yes, Timmy could do with a cash supplement but he's quite enjoying the fame!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Taz seems like a decent bloke and he flew back from Thailand to take part in the March - respect to him ...I did offer 20 quid for any of the faithful here to crowdfund a trip home but was met with a deafening silence. Seems like he has the courage of his convictions and the sacrifice needed for a true Brexiteer rather than carping from behind the keyboard. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I shall Brexit March only if the weather is good.....what snowflakes these stout Yeoman of England have become.....????

There'll be a few 'Fan Dancers' among 'em but who cares as long as the route is covered and the crowd exceeds the Royal Weddings at the end?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

There'll be a few 'Fan Dancers' among 'em but who cares as long as the route is covered and the crowd exceeds the Royal Weddings at the end?

we shall see.....I reckon 20k tops at the end - if the weather is good. Bad weather then 5-10k. Which is hardly a successful call to arms of the British people to support Leave means Leave. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Blair demonstrates great statesmanship in front of that arse Piers Morgan and his two bimbos. Listen to the subtleties and the good sense and compare with some of the dumbo bimbo comments.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Taz seems like a decent bloke and he flew back from Thailand to take part in the March - respect to him ...I did offer 20 quid for any of the faithful here to crowdfund a trip home but was met with a deafening silence. Seems like he has the courage of his convictions and the sacrifice needed for a true Brexiteer rather than carping from behind the keyboard. 

There was also an option to contribute towards the event enabling those (that you think) you have just slagged off to support the march via those very same keyboards! :clap2:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

What, exactly, did people vote for in the referendum?

Most Leavers voted for one of, or a combination of, three things.

To stop immigration, though some seemed confused as to which immigrants leaving the EU would stop! Remember the video of the man saying he had no problem with Poles or Romanians coming here; he voted Leave to stop immigrants from Muslim countries! 

To regain our sovereignty. Though many still seem confused as to how little sovereignty we have actually ceded to the EU. Very little is the answer and that only on matters effecting the EU as a whole.

Who sets our tax rates? The UK Parliament.

Who sets our public spending? The UK Parliament.

Who sets our foreign policy? The UK Parliament.

Who decides if we go to war? The UK Parliament.

Etc., etc..

The list of what we have sovereignty over is a lot longer than the list of areas where we ceded sovereignty to the EU.

Others voted to leave the EU because they believed the various Leave campaigns, official and otherwise, when they said that we could leave but still enjoy all the benefits of membership without any of the responsibilities.

The deal on the table is not that; but it's the closest we are going to get.

I cannot believe that anyone with the slightest idea of the consequences actually voted to leave with no deal. Vote to abandon all agreements with our major trading partner; without any deals with anyone else to replace them? Only a fool would do that. It's akin to cutting one's nose of to spite one's face.

It is obvious that, mainly due to Labour's intent on playing party politics that Parliament is extremely unlikely to decide on this; even if the EU does agree to an extension of Article 50, which I doubt.

The politicians cant decide, so give it back to the people so we can make the decision. That would be true democracy. Our representatives can't come to a decision, so we'll do it!

Of course, given that very few, if any, Leavers would put Remain as their second choice, the result would probably result in us leaving; either with May's deal or no deal. Unless you believe that Remain would now get a large enough majority to win on the first round!

Don't keep picking it - it'll never heal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1