90 days report online

I tried to do mine on Wednesday and it told me to go to my nearest office, then I realised I had stuffed up my dates, you can't do it once you are inside of 7 days from your due date, outside of that it normally works well and I have done it using Firefox which is my preferred browser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Is this link good for the 90-day reporting required of retirement visas or is that still necessary to do in person?

Good for 90 day reporting, on retirement or marriage, however when it is time to extend, you must go into the branch

31 minutes ago, bushwacker said:

Does on line reporting work for all of the immigration offices through out the country? 

You can do the online application for 90 day reporting to any office but whether the office processes the report is another story. There are a few that will not process them which means it will be shown as pending forever.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have just renewed my passport, when it comes to my next on-line report I am guessing using my new passport number will not work as they will not have not updated their files. Would it be a big no no to use my old passport number.

Your new passport will not work for doing online reports until you leave and re-enter the the country using it.

If you used your old passport number it might not be approved or if approved you could have problems later if they noticed you used it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hihat said:

Never worked for me on my Mac...tried Chrome and Safari but the "Accept" button doesn't appear to work on the main page. Any suggestions?

Did you tick the box shown below after scrolling down the terms and conditions.

image.png.78557ef2bda86c6ec0d8d1b136021f1c.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your new passport will not work for doing online reports until you leave and re-enter the the country using it.

If you used your old passport number it might not be approved or if approved you could have problems later if they noticed you used it.

I never realised I had to leave the country, can it be either a land or air crossing. Would Thai Imm have to be informed? Thanks

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I went to immigration with my new passport a few weeks ago, they transferred all the necessary stamps and visas extension 9500฿), gave my 90 days date on the new one, so I guess my new passport should work for the online report without me living the country.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

I never realised I had to leave the country, can it be either a land or air crossing. Would Thai Imm have to be informed? Thanks

Any entry to the country would create a new record in the database the system accesses. No need to inform immigration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tchooptip said:

I went to immigration with my new passport a few weeks ago, they transferred all the necessary stamps and visas extension 9500฿), gave my 90 days date on the new one, so I guess my new passport should work for the online report without me living the country.

Immigration cannot update the database that the online reporting system accesses. Only a new entry to the country will create a new record showing your new passport number.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Any entry to the country would create a new record in the database the system accesses. No need to inform immigration.

Would I have to get my stamps etc changed from the old passport to the new before leaving the country? Sorry about so many questions.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration cannot update the database that the online reporting system accesses. Only a new entry to the country will create a new record showing your new passport number.

Seems strange because like that one could say my next extension will be with a wrong passport number, does not means I do not believe you, no, not at all. But theoretically, it is that. Since my embassy asked me to give back my old passport I cannot prove anything, if a police officer should ask my passport following this theory my passport would not be known...

can someone please enlighten me again about the Fine applicable by Immigration for exceeding

90 days, i was over about 20 days so instead of me going down to Phuket Immigration i sent my

lawyer down (he was going anyway for someone else) - reply was had to pay thb 3,000 for overstay

with no receipt or faring can come down to do which i have done in the past... in the past when was

overstay i was always only asked for thb 1,000 if no receipt. i am not assuming my lawyer was seeking

more from me but i am just curious is there a maximum applicable or a set fee per day ??

thanks

30 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Seems strange because like that one could say my next extension will be with a wrong passport number, does not means I do not believe you, no, not at all. But theoretically, it is that. Since my embassy asked me to give back my old passport I cannot prove anything, if a police officer should ask my passport following this theory my passport would not be known...

It is not the same database that immigration updates when you have your stamps transferred. 

The database for online reporting system accesses only has records of entries to the country in it.

33 minutes ago, Coconut Kidd said:

What is the window for online reporting and will it report on the day you do it (losing some days until you renew) or on the day it is actually due?

The window to make your online report is between 15 days and 7 days before the report is due.  Your new reporting date will be 90 days from when your report has been approved.  So it will not be the day of your report unless it was also approved on that date (which is usually not the case).  You will most likely lose some days from your current 90 day period since it's likely that your new report will be approved before the actual due date.  If you don't receive approval (you can check using the online reporting system to see if it approved) by the time your report is due you still have the opportunity to report in person at the immigration office up to seven days after the due date.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, aussieinphuket said:

can someone please enlighten me again about the Fine applicable by Immigration for exceeding

90 days, i was over about 20 days so instead of me going down to Phuket Immigration i sent my

lawyer down (he was going anyway for someone else) - reply was had to pay thb 3,000 for overstay

with no receipt or faring can come down to do which i have done in the past... in the past when was

overstay i was always only asked for thb 1,000 if no receipt. i am not assuming my lawyer was seeking

more from me but i am just curious is there a maximum applicable or a set fee per day ??

thanks

I believe the maximum fine for being late with a 90-Day report (that is, submitted after the 7 day grace period following the actual due date) is 2,000 baht.  If you have really pissed someone off at immigration and they determine that your lateness was "willful" my understanding is that the maximum fine is 5,000 (I think this rarely happens but believe it's mentioned in the law).  There may be a daily fine imposed until you pay the late fine, but I imagine almost everyone just pays the fine the day they are notified they are being fined.  In other words, the daily fine is imposed for not paying your fine when due.

I was one day past the grace period (so seven days after the due date) in Phuket and was made to pay 2,000 baht and received an official receipt.

Unless your lawyer is working for you on a pro bono basis, I suspect you were charged a 2,000 baht fine (the maximum under usual circumstances) for which there may or may not have been an official receipt given, and the 1,000 baht extra was the lawyer's fee for services rendered and expenses related thereto.

Edited by skatewash

skatewash - thanks reply, have had various deals with Phuket Immigration all been ok to good, but in past with a No Receipt i was only asked to pay thb1,000 - and this was even when i was 35 days over i didnt go in to argue i was happy to pay the appropriate fine as it was my error and he just said no receipt thb1,000 ok..... another time was 5 days over and it was also only thb1,000. my lawyer a very honest guy we been dealing for many many years together and i still pay him for his time and efforts to do this.

i had a mate who was 37 days over he went and argued, he been living here for more then 20 years and the officer got the hump with him after initially asking thb20,000 my friend laughed and said no way i want a receipt and will pay they eventually agreed upon thb17,000 which still seems a lot, anyway i am sure they move the goal-posts when they feel like it or someone pisses them off... i just think it depends who you get on the day... but was hoping here might have been a clear cut fine process not their usually wishy-washy ways.. thanks again for replying appreciated..