Cheap flights from Utapao, Pattaya.

vogie

I have just renewed my passport and for it to become live and to be able to use it for 90 day reporting I must leave the country.

I had an idea that it might be nice to visit Vietnam, sorta kill two birds with one stone. I thought that there might be cheap flights from Utapao to Vietnam, but when I checked the prices they ranged from 18,000 baht up to 40,000 baht. I was thinking there would be flights around the 1 or 2 thousand mark. Do these cheap flights exist, I have heard talk of them, but they appear to be difficult to find, any ideas? Cheers

1 minute ago, Halfaboy said:

Taxi Pattaya - Bangkok something just above 1.000 Baht ...

Hi Halfaboy, I was just hoping that there might be something from Utapao as I only live about a 15 minute drive from there, but looking a little ominous at the moment. Thanks

37 minutes ago, vogie said:

cheap flights from Utapao to Vietnam

A quick check does not show nonstop flights to Vietnam.

So not a surprise.

Probably cheapest but maybe boring: Kuala Lumpur.

Four flights weekly with AirAsia. Evening flights.

So one overnight at least and careful planning as not daily.

Tons of flight to Chinese destinations but useless for you (visa hassle etc.).

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

Where from?

Your immigration office. Is it Pattaya/Jomtien?

(your OP sounds like you have a one year extension, so definitely a re-entry permit necessary)

Have you presented your new passport there for stamp transfer?

Also should be done before travel.

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Your immigration office. Is it Pattaya/Jomtien?

(your OP sounds like you have a one year extension, so definitely a re-entry permit necessary)

Have you presented your new passport there for stamp transfer?

Also should be done before travel.

Yes I asked Ubonjoe today on another thread he said that the stamps need transfering, but I had no need to inform Jomptian as entry to coming back to Thailand would create a new record in their databases. Might be as well to ask whilst I'm transfering the stamps anyway. Thanks.

•  

1 minute ago, vogie said:

but I had no need to inform Jomptian as entry to coming back to Thailand would create a new record in their databases.

Yes true, but this is about the 90 day report (not a re-entry permit).

If you leave and re-enter the country without the re-entry permit you loose your current extension and start all over with a 30 day stamp.

Apply for a re-entry permit  at Thai immigration.

Single re-entry permit cost 1000 Baht.

Multiple cost 3800 Baht.

Maybe I can call @ubonjoe for help as this thread has developed away from purely travel related.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I have just renewed my passport and for it to become live and to be able to use it for 90 day reporting I must leave the country.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I asked Ubonjoe today on another thread he said that the stamps need transfering, but I had no need to inform Jomptian as entry to coming back to Thailand would create a new record in their databases. Might be as well to ask whilst I'm transfering the stamps anyway.

As far as I know there is no reason for you to leave the country just because you have a new passport. You just get the details of your extension and original visa and latest arrival copied into the new one. It's free.

I would certainly take both passports to Immigration and ask them before buying a ticket.

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

As far as I know there is no reason for you to leave the country just because you have a new passport. You just get the details of your extension and original visa and latest arrival copied into the new one. It's free.

I would certainly take both passports to Immigration and ask them before buying a ticket.

Hi KK, ubonjoe stated for me to do 90 day online reports, I need to exit and re-enter the country with a new passport. Thanks

8 hours ago, vogie said:

Hi KK, ubonjoe stated for me to do 90 day online reports, I need to exit and re-enter the country with a new passport. Thanks

I see. Or rather, I dont see. It seems a bit extreme to have to fly to Vietnam just to be able to do your reporting online. Cant you do online reporting using your old passport number until such time as the new one is recorded by immigration? And once they have copied your visa and extension and arrival details into the new one, why cant you use that for your reporting? Nobody made me leave the country when I got a new passport, though admittedly I didn't get it here. I did get all the visa details transferred to it later though, and not on arrival here, and I was not required to leave before doing my reporting (which I do in person).
If you timed it right could you not go to immigration, get your details copied across, and then do your reporting in person with the new passport which presumably would then allow you to do it again later online? Or at least by post.

I do appreciate that you want to go to Vietnam anyway, so in the end it's no big deal for you. But it might be of interest to others in the same situation who would rather not go anywhere.

33 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I see. Or rather, I dont see. It seems a bit extreme to have to fly to Vietnam just to be able to do your reporting online. Cant you do online reporting using your old passport number until such time as the new one is recorded by immigration? And once they have copied your visa and extension and arrival details into the new one, why cant you use that for your reporting? Nobody made me leave the country when I got a new passport, though admittedly I didn't get it here. I did get all the visa details transferred to it later though, and not on arrival here, and I was not required to leave before doing my reporting (which I do in person).
If you timed it right could you not go to immigration, get your details copied across, and then do your reporting in person with the new passport which presumably would then allow you to do it again later online? Or at least by post.

I do appreciate that you want to go to Vietnam anyway, so in the end it's no big deal for you. But it might be of interest to others in the same situation who would rather not go anywhere.

KK thanks for your reply again but would you mind reading ubonjoes post #14 in another topic, https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1070864-90-days-report-online/

U/J explains it for more articulate than I ever could. 

Archived