Video: Hapless robber's cunning plan leads "Mr Golden Birthmark" to the cells!

rooster59

Video: Hapless robber's cunning plan leads "Mr Golden Birthmark" to the cells!

Rob.JPG

Image: Daily News

An out of work man from Thailand's north east tried several ways to make money - but none worked out. 

So Suphachai Panthong, 27, from Sisaket decided to rob the Boonchai Yaowarat gold shop in Sri Racha yesterday evening. 

After trying on a one baht weight gold necklace he put his cunning plan into operation making a dash for his red plate Yamaha Fino getaway vehicle waiting outside. 

Oh dear.

Owner Jarae Nitikarun, 41, was not to be outwitted. He had already locked the electronic front door. 

Bowin police found the hapless would-be robber waiting for them. He had no weapon but admitted it was a fair cop, confirmed by the CCTV footage.

He had been sacked, he said, and tried other ways to get money without success. 

He was taken off to the cells.

Perhaps to add insult to injury Thaivisa notes that the robber's surname Panthong means "golden birthmark". 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12--01
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mikebell said:

He had a getaway car outside so not completely destitute tho' he probably forgot to lock it & someone stole it.

I think the getaway vehicle was a Yamaha so that would be a motorbike then.  Still I take your point, even though it was probably borrowed or stolen.

Why this guy was arrested, did he commit a crime?

He probably is a sportsman and wanted to check if such a heavy chain around his neck would cause any issues while doing his daily runs.

I always do this when buying new gyms.

He didn't leave the premises with the goods did he?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Why this guy was arrested, did he commit a crime?

He probably is a sportsman and wanted to check if such a heavy chain around his neck would cause any issues while doing his daily runs.

I always do this when buying new gyms.

He didn't leave the premises with the goods did he?

He admitted it.

Possibly firsts words to the BiB was the Thai equivalent to "fair cop"...

On 12/1/2018 at 7:50 PM, Ulic said:

Dufus, what was he thinking. 

His brain functions were set to acting shifty and pacing around nervously, not much left over for thinking rationally. No doubt the staff member had the door remotely locked within the first ten seconds. 

• Like 1