Banker Stupidity - Stupid is as stupid does

2 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

You have a problem.  Both the passport sentence and ONE ... and the one below have a :

So which one controls?

A letter of reference from ONE of the following.

A branch officer can provide such a reference.  That's why I circled it.

I imagine this is not the norm regardless of what it says on a photocopied piece of paper.... 

And... Only if they like you !!!...  which, given the degree of open frustration an intolerance you have shown thus far in this thread does not endear you to favorable treatment by those with whom you deal in a stressful situation... 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, kekalot said:

maybe i wrote what i said wrong, i already have my account now.

rest still stands, with a BKK Bank Thai customer with you, they would likely make an account for ya

Sure, I'll bring my son or wife. My 11-year-old Thai son has his own account with GSB.  

I just found the ignore function and just ignored totally the one I dismissed.  What a fantastic feature.

This is turning into a hilarious 'Grumpy Old Man' thread... 

Doesn't get what he wants starts to stamp his feet...  A full life lived yet is ill-equipped to handle something so many others have very little issue with... I have to wonder how much drama is in the rest of the Ops life... he's disagreeing with everyone who doesn't see things exactly as he does... 

On the Colon thing... OP.. You are Wrong and have fallen foul of taking a poorly translated document (with poorly translated punctuation) too literally...  Its pretty obvious what is meant but your blindness to common sense and determination to be right at all costs is your greatest weakness in this issue... 

Chill out - go to head office (or the largest branch you can find) with a couple of letters of reference (from Existing customers, even your amphur officer if you can - it will involve a little leg work)... and ask for the help of the Staff at Bangkok Bank, if you can take a respected Thai with you it would help a lot... 

Or you can keep just trying to be right and losing sight of the bigger picture... 

1 hour ago, TonyClifton said:

Sure, I'll bring my son or wife. My 11-year-old Thai son has his own account with GSB.  

I just found the ignore function and just ignored totally the one I dismissed.  What a fantastic feature.

This guy is hilarious....  A thread which 'could' be of benefit to others who may be facing a similar situation manifests itself as a 'me right,  anyone who disagrees with me, wrong'....

For others who may find themselves in a similar situation.....

The advice, widely offered on this thread so far... instead of getting into arguments and discussions with a Bank trying to win and prove them wrong, try another branch and approach the situation in a completely non-confrontational manner and you may well find yourself with favorable results....

....It seems some people go through life not understanding the basics... 

13 hours ago, ningnong said:

Everyone was very polite.

Exactly!  If the OP displays the same arrogance and offhandedness to the Thais the way he comes across on this forum then he has not got a hope in hell of getting anywhere fast in Thailand. (except maybe on to a plane)

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

OP.. You are Wrong and have fallen foul of taking a poorly translated document (with poorly translated punctuation) too literally...

I do not know why he does not use the BKK web site where the requirements are clearly listed and are current rather than relying on an undated document.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Foreign-Customers/Bangkok-Bank-Accounts

2. Foreigner without work permit

• Passport
  • A reference letter issued by one of the following institutes or organizations or required document
    • Embassy located  in Thailand
    • An overseas bank where the customer holds an account sent via SWIFT
    • Trusted individuals such as a Bangkok Bank staff member or customer, director of a private company, permanent residence in Thailand, government or private educational institutes located in Thailand trusted by the Bank
    • Trusted companies, e.g., an employment letter from the company if the customer is in the process of applying for a work permit.
    • Document showing ownership of a fixed asset such as a condominium sale/purchase agreement (a condominium which is acceptable to Bangkok Bank) Or a property reservation agreement valued at 100,000 baht or more with a reference letter from the property developer that is acceptable to Bangkok Bank.

Notes: Contact addresses for both Thailand and overseas must be provided (hotel and P.O. Box addresses are not acceptable).

Archived