Recommended Toyota Dealer Camry 2019

moogradod

We want to buy a new Toyota Camry Hybrid in January 2019. We are based near Pattaya, but the local Toyota dealer we have visited in mid 2018 did not leave a lasting impression on us.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a superb (motivated and knowledgeable) Toyota dealer with good conditions and insurance ? It may be in Bangkok if this is a better choice. Before buying we would like to see all the colors available for the premium model in real life. So a big showroom is a must, too. We pay cash. And would like to have the car delivered quickly.

I hope it does not matter so much where you buy if you need maintenance later on.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

I don't know how fast you will get a car. I understand a LOT of camry's have been ordered, even before the Motor Show started. I suggest you go to the motor show and see what deals are on offer. 

Thanks. Motor Show when and where ?

12 hours ago, transam said:
12 hours ago, transam said:

I would ignore sales folk, in fact I dislike sales folk. You have made your mind up to buy the Camry so why are you complicating stuff...?

The one who sells it will maintain it I suppose. I do not know about other garages if you have bought it elsewhere.

Then the payment conditions. Nobody would pay everything upfront and then wait forever for the car, or how does this work in Thailand ? I prefer immediate full payment on delivery only, and maybe a symbolic payment of 10KTHB when ordering.

Insurance may vary as well in extend and content - or not ?

As for the color they offer a "Burning Black" for the premium model only. The grey metallic is nice. And you are right, silver is a bit boring. Have to think about resale value (after changing the batteries ???? as well. Nobody would want a red or brown Camry I suppose.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, moogradod said:

The one who sells it will maintain it I suppose. I do not know about other garages if you have bought it elsewhere.

Then the payment conditions. Nobody would pay everything upfront and then wait forever for the car, or how does this work in Thailand ? I prefer immediate full payment on delivery only, and maybe a symbolic payment of 10KTHB when ordering.

Insurance may vary as well in extend and content - or not ?

As for the color they offer a "Burning Black" for the premium model only. The grey metallic is nice. And you are right, silver is a bit boring. Have to think about resale value (after changing the batteries ???? as well. Nobody would want a red or brown Camry I suppose.

You will have to leave a deposit when ordering... (usually around 50k Baht) and then pay the rest  on the day you collect. 

I understand your preference for a diligent and honest sales person as they are the one you will be dealing with up to collection of the car. 

These are the ones who will advise you of delivery date, who will take note of the options you chose etc... someone who is careless gets a lot of stuff wrong, miscommunicates and can lead to disappointment... especially when being dishonest about a quicker delivery date then drip feeds the information on delays. 

• Thanks 1

Exactly richard_smith237 !

Quite often things can get mixed up when ordering something. Although the premium model does not have any options (I understand it is fully loaded already) you still could get the wrong leather color or color of the car or even model.

So a good dealer is crucial. Unfortuntely I still dont know the adress of (a good) one. I would like to attend the motor show but I am currently still staying in Switzerland.

1 hour ago, kotsak said:

Thanks for the info. They sold 3 Rolls and 2 Lambos already and hundreds of Toyotas. Interesting. Unfortunately I cannot attend since we will come to Thailand only at the end of January 2019. Hope there will be another motor show then soon. We need a car and I would not like to rent one for months. Ok, when I think about it more this cannot be avoided. Maybe a mixture of Grab and renting until we get our own car.

Actually, the red on this new Camry is quite a good shade of red.... and the 'Phantom Brown' is also rather good.

Good Bridgestone Turanza tyres and not stupidly low profile... but the alloys themselves are very drab - and the demo guy (at All Star golf range a couple of weeks ago) didn't seem to indicate there were any options for better looking rims from Toyota themselves on ordering (easy enough to find better elsewhere after delivery but a hassle).

Edited by coops
  • Like 1