PM’s overseas visits reflect world community’s confidence, says Thai govt spokesperson

webfact

17 hours ago, chama said:

"Puttipong pointed out that one of the government’s main duties is to foster international relations to improve Thailand’s social and economic status."

Other governments have repeatedly said that the junta needs to hold elections. Now that a date has been set they tolerate the existing leadership. They have also expressed concerns over how the election will be conducted and would like to send observers, which the junta has declined. The confidence expressed by the government spokesman is another attempt to tell the public that things are not as they truly are in reality.

Ah yes, the Thai method... lie your eyes out and tell everyone inside the Thai borders that the farang inferior, unintelligent and don't understand Thai culture anyway, so it doesn't matter if you tell them porkies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Redline said:

I swear his peeps and trump’s peeps are working together with these brilliant announcements 

Their combined IQ's approximate to that of a potato.

Seriously though, I'm a bit disconcerted about the rise in authoritarian governments world-wide, of which Trump and Prayuth are representative and of which May is a laughable and second-rate wannabe.

Is this the 'fluoride' effect I wonder?

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Their combined IQ's approximate to that of a potato.

Seriously though, I'm a bit disconcerted about the rise in authoritarian governments world-wide, of which Trump and Prayuth are representative and of which May is a laughable and second-rate wannabe.

Is this the 'fluoride' effect I wonder?

It is a concern of many, and I believe immigration and corruption are the main causes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redline said:

It is a concern of many, and I believe immigration and corruption are the main causes.  

You may well be right. As I recall, Jack Straw said in a speech that 'nobody doubts the benefits of multiculturalism'. Nobody asked him what they were (are) though - apart from Chicken Korma.

You can't afford to ignore the fundamental nature of people, which (among other non-PC aspects) is corrupt and tribal down to their socks, though there are modifications that can be made to the depth of tribalism, there isn't a way, so far as I can see, to do more than pretend either can be negated.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

You may well be right. As I recall, Jack Straw said in a speech that 'nobody doubts the benefits of multiculturalism'. Nobody asked him what they were (are) though - apart from Chicken Korma.

You can't afford to ignore the fundamental nature of people, which (among other non-PC aspects) is tribal down to their socks, though there are modifications that can be made to the depth of tribalism, there isn't a way, so far as I can see, to do more than pretend it can be negated.

This tribalism is engrained in our DNA I’m afraid, but this was the American Experiment as an example.  I believe the only way such multiculturalism can work is through a reasonable level of equality, a cohesive government, shared values and morals.  Extremely difficult to achieve, even in the best of conditions.  It must be promoted strongly by government and manipulation through media.  There is nothing wrong with tribes living in different sections of cities or countries, it actually is nice to explore cultures within cultures.  It is probable that somewhat un-Democratic laws may have to be introduced to control those elements that simply can’t conform to the larger fabric of the society.  All inclusiveness is a tough recipe.  On this note, most international businesses believe in a mixed group that has many viewpoints on strategies and problem solving.  The big tech companies swear by it

22 minutes ago, Redline said:

This tribalism is engrained in our DNA I’m afraid, but this was the American Experiment as an example.  I believe the only way such multiculturalism can work is through a reasonable level of equality, a cohesive government, shared values and morals.  Extremely difficult to achieve, even in the best of conditions.  It must be promoted strongly by government and manipulation through media.  There is nothing wrong with tribes living in different sections of cities or countries, it actually is nice to explore cultures within cultures.  It is probable that somewhat un-Democratic laws may have to be introduced to control those elements that simply can’t conform to the larger fabric of the society.  All inclusiveness is a tough recipe.  On this note, most international businesses believe in a mixed group that has many viewpoints on strategies and problem solving.  The big tech companies swear by it

Seems reasonable.

"On this note, most international businesses believe in a mixed group that has many viewpoints on strategies and problem solving. "

Don't agree. In my experience, most international businesses are most interested in making money by fair means or foul they don't much care. In my view and experience, most businesses do not have a single sincere iota of philanthropy or community awareness. What motivates business leaders if complex, but being useful to community building isn't a part of it unless that can be turned into a fast buck. Most people would be surprised what tilts interview panels in favour of this candidate or another - it's all delightfully human, as it must be since interview panels are populated by people, with all that implies.

In the context of this thread, the same applies to our esteemed leaders and their assessment of other leaders (like Prayuth, Trump, May and Al Salman). In many respects, humanity as a whole resembles a seriously maggotty apple.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Seems reasonable.

"On this note, most international businesses believe in a mixed group that has many viewpoints on strategies and problem solving. "

Don't agree. In my experience, most international businesses are most interested in making money by fair means or foul they don't much care. In my view and experience, most businesses do not have a single sincere iota of philanthropy or community awareness. What motivates business leaders if complex, but being useful to community building isn't a part of it unless that can be turned into a fast buck. Most people would be surprised what tilts interview panels in favour of this candidate or another - it's all delightfully human, as it must be since interview panels are populated by people, with all that implies.

In the context of this thread, the same applies to our esteemed leaders and their assessment of other leaders (like Prayuth, Trump, May and Al Salman). In many respects, humanity as a whole resembles a seriously maggotty apple.

OK my bubble is burst-just being dreamy again ???? I honestly, thought the world was going to get more cohesive-then I realized that humans are not very smart bunch, and disasterously self serving.  There is a story that I read once that was about the world ending at a particular time and date through some catastrophic event.  As the time came closer to the end-people began to get along quite well.

I hope Thailand can set itself on a path of successes!

Edited by Redline

8 minutes ago, Redline said:

OK my bubble is burst-just being dreamy again ???? I honestly, thought the world was going to get more cohesive-then I realized that humans are not very smart bunch, and disasterously self serving.  There is a story that I read once that was about the world ending at a particular time and date through some catastrophic event.  As the time came closer to the end-people began to get along quite well.   

I think that perhaps, and after all, I am in your tribe/clan. Nothing wrong with dreams, I'm a firm believer in them, but I'm also old enough and ugly enough to recognise that as much as I would like to own a Ferrari, I would need to get out and earn enough money to buy one.

Perhaps I should have been born a Thai, then I would not be burdened with unnecessary thinking, and would only have to ask my Dad to buy one for me.

I would be prepared to accept this nonsensical article (the one which started the thread), were I not familiar with what people really think. To suggest that Prayuth is accepted and admired (another piece of NCPO propaganda) is to declare that Thais are too stupid to know what foreigners really think of the man. Same as Trump, though Trump is marginally less deceitful. Marginally.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 2

So just how many trade deals and investment MOUs or even letters of intent on trade were signed during his visit. Just what is the purpose of the visit. He came back with nothing. I think this visit is for domestic pre-election optics and spin by his propaganda team to make him looks good internationally. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So just how many trade deals and investment MOUs or even letters of intent on trade were signed during his visit. Just what is the purpose of the visit. He came back with nothing. I think this visit is for domestic pre-election optics and spin by his propaganda team to make him looks good internationally. 

Now you appear to have the measure of the man. I heard him described as an 'airhead' on AlJazeera last week. Seems about right.

• Like 2