The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Surprised you would want them to win, unless you consider United to be your biggest rivals now? Surely you don't want Liverpool to get top 4.

I want us to PL Champions again as soon as possible. Easy enough to understand i think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Surprised you would want them to win, unless you consider United to be your biggest rivals now? Surely you don't want Liverpool to get top 4.

Don't really care who gets top 4. If Liverpool win tomorrow they hand us the League. Simples

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Poor until a moment of Aguerooooo brilliance turned the game and then we looked confident.

I think we were expecting that after so many changes and rusty players coming back. Pep trusted them to do the job and they did it. They didn't do it the way we are used to but can be forgiven for what is up next

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

Sergio <deleted> Aguero.

Chuffed for him. Think he only needs a couple more PL goals to match the record. Hope Pep plays him for the rest of the games this season. He deserves the chance to get that record

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Chuffed for him. Think he only needs a couple more PL goals to match the record. Hope Pep plays him for the rest of the games this season. He deserves the chance to get that record

I would guess some club will be very happy to have him next season.

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The rumour mill is Barca, especially now Messi is supposed to be staying put. But rumours are just that

I figure that is a very good guess.

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I want us to PL Champions again as soon as possible. Easy enough to understand i think.

Fine, but should you finally win the CL don't even think about calling it a 'Treble', because we know it isn't the proper one. 

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Actually, scrap that. Shearer, Rooney and Cole were miles ahead with PL goals but Aguero is ahead on goals per minute. Can't remember now what record it is for him to achieve. He is already the PL highest ever goal scorer from overseas. It'll come back to me

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Actually, scrap that. Shearer, Rooney and Cole were miles ahead with PL goals but Aguero is ahead on goals per minute. Can't remember now what record it is for him to achieve. He is already the PL highest ever goal scorer from overseas. It'll come back to me

It's the most PL goals at one club. Kun is one behind Rooney.

Rooney 183 goals in 393 PL games for the Rags.

Aguero 182 in 272 PL games for City.

Shearer, Rooney and Cole were miles ahead with PL goals but Aguero is ahead on goals per minute. Correct, Kane and Kun are similar goals per minute.

He is already the PL highest ever goal scorer from overseas.

If he stays fit Pep will play him in the remaining games.

Can't help feeling that City's decision was premature - he's barely had a chance to play this season. The comments earlier in the season from the club (Khaldoon?) that we'll get to the end of the season then KUN WILL DECIDE was bullsh*t.

Top top player, lovely man.

As for the Aguero situation. It's a tricky one. He's out of contract, so it's really his choice. Maybe he wanted too much money but with his injury record, it would be a gamble. He has loads to offer but he could play next week and be out again for months.

I love the guy and he's been a great servant but we have managed pretty well without him this year. Time to look at a longer term option but I'm not really sold on Haaland. That money is far too much, especially at the moment. All clubs should stick together on this and tell him and his agent Raiola, to do one. He's been running around advertising him while he's still playing and under contract with Dortmund. It's not on.

28 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

we have managed pretty well without him this year. 

Mahrez plus 5 midfielders works really well. We retain the ball well, there's invention and guile in Mahrez Foden KdB Gundogan. Not sure playing with an out and out forward like Aguero or Harland is for us going forward. We all know Pep would play 10 midfielders and a goalie if he could.

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Mahrez plus 5 midfielders works really well. We retain the ball well, there's invention and guile in Mahrez Foden KdB Gundogan. Not sure playing with an out and out forward like Aguero or Harland is for us going forward. We all know Pep would play 10 midfielders and a goalie if he could.

I think Ederson was a midfielder before picking up the gloves, so Pep could go for his 11 ????

My biggest fear is the team that Pep is building would crumble when Pep leaves. What other manager could do it the same way? Bielsa?

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I think Ederson was a midfielder before picking up the gloves, so Pep could go for his 11 ????

My biggest fear is the team that Pep is building would crumble when Pep leaves. What other manager could do it the same way? Bielsa?

He ain't leaving for a while, having recently extended.

He enjoys the club, where else would he have so much trust and control.

He enjoys his time in Manchester and the freedom he gets in the UK compared to other countries.

The only concern is the family seperation (wife and daughter are in Barcelona for business and school respectively).

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Is that cos you've never done it!! 

The Treble is the 3 most desirable trophies - PL, CL and FA Cup.

We won the League Cup and Europa League in same season under Jose, but that's not the Double.

Will still be a great achievement if you win 3 trophies but have a bit of respect for tradition and don't try pass it off as a plastic Treble. 

The Treble is the 3 most desirable trophies - PL, CL and FA Cup.

We won the League Cup and Europa League in same season under Jose, but that's not the Double.

Will still be a great achievement if you win 3 trophies but have a bit of respect for tradition and don't try pass it off as a plastic Treble. 

I've never heard that argument before.

Always thought treble meant winning 3 of the trophies available.

Everyone calls winning 3 of the trophies available a treble - except Rick?

So Rick what / how would you call for short winning PL, CL and League Cup?

Ps. Beating Bournemouth Burnley Arsenal ManU and Spurs to retain the Caraboa cup was decent.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I've never heard that argument before.

Always thought treble meant winning 3 of the trophies available.

Everyone calls winning 3 of the trophies available a treble - except Rick?

So Rick what / how would you call for short winning PL, CL and League Cup?

Why do you think Liverpool winning FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup was widely known as 'the mickey mouse treble'.

Winning 3 maybe a treble, but it's not THE Treble.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why do you think Liverpool winning FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup was widely known as 'the mickey mouse treble'.

Winning 3 maybe a treble, but it's not THE Treble.

No such thing as THE Treble

if you win 3 trophies but have a bit of respect for tradition

What tradition? 

Screenshot_20210502-151049_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No such thing as THE Treble

What traditional? 

Screenshot_20210502-151049_Chrome.jpg

"Main national cup"

If you are going to start copy and pasting at least read it properly!

47 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'll leave you to argue on this one. Irrelevant to me. A treble is a treble. There's no difference between winning the FA Cup or League Cup - one is not harder than the other. 

Welcome back by the way. 

If City fans start calling this the Treble it will be embarrassing and completely classless. 

Anyway hopefully it won't come to that. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

It may not be THE treble in the purest sense

Thanks, that's my point.

It's not trolling, I think loads of United fans would be irked if they called it 'the treble', for obvious reasons. 

It's one of our best achievements. A unique achievement. So of course we want whatever City win distinguished from it. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

If City fans start calling this the Treble it will be embarrassing and completely classless. 

Anyway hopefully it won't come to that. 

It WOULD be called a Treble by City fans, by the media, by just about everyone (except for pedantic ManU fans apparently). Not sure why you are raising this now when we've only won the Caraboa cup. 

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's one of our best achievements. A unique achievement. So of course we want whatever City win distinguished from it. 

If we do it, we will have done something that your lot couldn't do. Therefore, our treble will be better than your treble was. OK ????