The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

"Manchester United's haul of nine points after seven PL games is their worst tally at this stage of a top-flight season since 1989-90 (7 points).

United have failed to win any of their last 10 away matches - they last went on a longer winless run on the road between February and September 1989 (run of 11).

The Reds have won 49 points from their 28 Premier League games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - two fewer than they won in their final 28 matches under Jose Mourinho."

1989-90 was the season ManU came 13th and Fergie was supposedly close to the axe (but won the FA cup). Think the similarity  ends there as i don't think Ole At The Wheel (do you reds still sing that?) will turn out to be another Fergie.

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Manchester United's haul of nine points after seven PL games is their worst tally at this stage of a top-flight season since 1989-90 (7 points).

United have failed to win any of their last 10 away matches - they last went on a longer winless run on the road between February and September 1989 (run of 11).

The Reds have won 49 points from their 28 Premier League games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - two fewer than they won in their final 28 matches under Jose Mourinho."

1989-90 was the season ManU came 13th and Fergie was supposedly close to the axe (but won the FA cup). Think the similarity  ends there as i don't think Ole At The Wheel (do you reds still sing that?) will turn out to be another Fergie.

There are reasons for that though. Last year Ole was faced with a dressing room with a few uncommitted players in it.

Over the summer he has stripped the squad back and got rid of those bad eggs. I think anyone can see we've been left short in parts of the squad and there's a chance we could do business in Jan. Still, these young players won't get chances if you don't make room for them.

You really are sad digging up these stats. Can your missus not give you something to do around the house?

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, We still have a lot of players to ship out before the rebuilding can begin.

I can see us in January not panic buy but buy two more long term prospects and a striker on loan to bang in a few goals.

I will also point out Liverpool and City are both flying but all they are talking about in the media is us our motto Hated Adored But Never Ignored, Rings true right now.

UTFR

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Newcastle away, you'd think considering how bad Newcastle are Ole has to win this match? 

Steve Bruce vs OGS . I'd give Solskjaer a good chance here, Newcastle are going nowhere at the moment.

11 hours ago, balo said:

Steve Bruce vs OGS . I'd give Solskjaer a good chance here, Newcastle are going nowhere at the moment.

Come on don't get my bloody hopes up.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can't handle the facts then - they were in the BBC's reports of your last 2 games so not really dug up.

You just confirmed Rickie's post about your wife getting you something to do around the house???? Don't even read or watch any reports about us but you have been watching BBC reports on us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

And i thought YOU were a ManU fan. How would you know what's going on at your club, with your players, etc., if you don't read? Baffling.

What's baffling?, I don't watch or read mainstream media as they are biased against us and I don't watch much football except for our games.

I get my news from Forums I go on plus mutv and Facebook that's about it.

Doesn't make me a lesser fan just because I don't  read or watch 

BBC or other mainstream media.

3 minutes ago, nev said:

mainstream media as they are biased against us

Copied the interesting bit from your post. It's interesting as i see the mainstream as being biased for you and always have been as long as I've been following football. Funny isn't it how rival fans have different perceptions.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:15 PM, RickG16 said:

Can your missus not give you something to do around the house?

Leave the missus out of it, you got a nasty habit of dragging peoples missus into football discussions, you got something against women?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hackjam said:

Leave the missus out of it, you got a nasty habit of dragging peoples missus into football discussions, you got something against women?

Absolutely not. Some of the posters on here are obviously in good relationships. One of the nice things about Thai girls / women is that they really get into the spirit of football. I chuckled at BB 's missus hating Gundagon for some reason.

But you're that weird guy with a weird thing against Harry Maguire. So I'd rather not talk to you.

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

chuckled at BB 's missus hating Gundagon for some reason.

Rick, I just asked her why and she says "because he never does anything outstanding like say Bernardo or David Silva". She has a point.

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

One of the nice things about Thai girls / women is that they really get into the spirit of football

I'd agree with that. Mine even enjoyed Port Vale away on a freezing cold day winter's day (we lost).  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Absolutely not. Some of the posters on here are obviously in good relationships. One of the nice things about Thai girls / women is that they really get into the spirit of football. I chuckled at BB 's missus hating Gundagon for some reason.

But you're that weird guy with a weird thing against Harry Maguire. So I'd rather not talk to you.

Really, just following their boyfriend / husband's team is getting in the spirit of football more like just following their husband like a little lapdog.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Really, just following their boyfriend / husband's team is getting in the spirit of football more like just following their husband like a little lapdog.

My wife hates football and I like it that way.

• Like 1

For some reason this performance is worrying me more than any other this season. Maybe it's because we can't blame it on Matic being in the team.

I think it's one of two thing ; a) we are so low in confidence we desperately need a goal / win b) the coaching isn't good enough,

I have noticed a tendency to pass the ball back from midfield, I have often asked why in frustration, for me it is weakness, you cannot score a goal playing the ball back, not sure why they are doing it but it isn't working - time to play attacking football - it surely can't get any worse

• Like 1

Well that was so predictable, Too many average players and no creativity and a manager devoid big ideas.

I said before on here it's going to get worse before it gets better.

West Ham and Now Newcastle have made us look average and that main reason is a better engine room.

Rashford imho does not have a footballing brain he is clueless up top on his own.

If this carries on we will be giving big Sam a call. ????

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

For some reason this performance is worrying me more than any other this season. Maybe it's because we can't blame it on Matic being in the team.

I think it's one of two thing ; a) we are so low in confidence we desperately need a goal / win b) the coaching isn't good enough,

I stated this before on here, Rashford Andreas Lingard not good enough, You can add Fred to that list too.

Only ones worth keeping in that starting 11 is James Mctommeny Mcquire Tuenzebe De gea, That's how bad it is.

Under investment is hurting us big time now.

I love a relegation battle bring it on we have a international break now and then it's bring on the red Scouse.

Really is crisis time now after last night which was the perfect opposition and time to get things moving in the right direction. How many times did United give the ball way,get caught out of position or just punt it upfield to no one ? that's not anything to do with coaching that's just total lack of concentration and personal  skills.

Injury list grows, now add Lindelof and Dalot but still no excuse for performances by those who are fit .

Our once gun player Rashford looks totally lost like he is immersed in some personal issue.

Midfield is totally devoid of creating anything and Maguire missed a header on the stroke of HT which any 14 yr old could have nodded in.

Normally I hate the International break,not this time. 

• Like 2