The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

20 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good for West ham and Zouma..i liked his attitude....take that with you to West ham and you will be a cult hero in no time..big thanks for the years you were with us.

Also if it is true...have to give a big thumbs up to Willain for cancelling his contract with Arsenal and saving them 20 mil in wages....unlike that greedy snivelling argie cnutt.

As for Saturday...almost a great 1st half for us but definitely a better 2nd given the circumstances....

Whatever Tommy is on he deserves it...15 minutes to calm down re assess and make the changes like he did for that 2nd half...blokes a blaaddy genius imho.

Yeah, excellent signing by yer 'Ammers Keith. The one weak link in the 'Ammers defence was slow coach Dawson. Now Moyes has remedied that with Zouma.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Excellent signing as far as I'm concerned. Far too early in the season for predictions though Bob.

I don't know why we weren't in for him, even the option to buy price looks too cheap.

Yeah I get you re.predictions and I think we should (considering) have beat you on the weekend, but you have such strong first XI, with a master coach and tactician, who does what Klopp does with players, makes them better.  

All going well enough injury wise I can see it being fought out to the end this season, City, Chelsea and Liverpool all vying for top honours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't know why we weren't in for him, even the option to buy price looks too cheap.

Yeah I get you re.predictions and I think we should (considering) have beat you on the weekend, but you have such strong first XI, with a master coach and tactician, who does what Klopp does with players, makes them better.  

All going well enough injury wise I can see it being fought out to the end this season, City, Chelsea and Liverpool all vying for top honours. 

Certainly looks that way.

No one else is close really sad to say.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Certainly looks that way.

No one else is close really sad to say.

I guess it's better than one team running away with it, and if things are tight, and the pressure is on, other teams might not be as far away.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Highlights of Germany v Iceland is a must watch for us Chelsea fans...nice headed goal from Rudiger and what follows is just pure entertainment from both Werner and Havertz ...(didn't know whether to laugh or cry at times) all good in the end though.

Another great miss by Werner - SKY SPORTS loved playing it back multiple times.

39 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Definitely had the rub of the green there ...in refereeing decisions all 50/50s went our way and even the 60/40 to Villa went our way.despite that we were worthy winners imo. 1st half good bad and ugly,but we came through and although we were somewhat fortunate to keep Villa out i trusted our boss would make the necessary changes at h/time which he did and deep down thought Villa would not be able to match there 1st half performance or be allowed to.

1st game back after a break was always going to be a bit of a fact finder....fact is our keeper is top notch and so is the defence...and Lukaku is nailed on to score 30 goals.

All good then.:biggrin:

Top post KS,????????????

Cannot add anything further,apart from Kiss of Death,s ,description of LUKELU  playing albility????????????Typical Spursy ,who had  the normal Choke, when top  of the table,????on pure sufference????????

Kiss of Death, keep them coming????????????????????

• Thanks 1

Also nice for us Blues fans...is to see Conor doing really well at Palace now that Vieira is playing him further forward and Marc Guehi doing a good job in the Palace defence (think we have a buy option on him)..added to that Broja so nearly won the game for Saints (nice little 14 minute cameo) and Livramento  performing really well in his starts for the saints defence (again i think we have a buy option on him).

Great opportunity awaits Barkley in the Carling Cup game coming up against Villa (he is bound to start imo) play well and another loan or possible sale will be on for him in January.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nicely taken goal by Tino Anjorin for the Ruskies last night...worth a look. My keyboard skills are not up to pasting/copying a link...apologies.

yep, nice finish ably assisted by an error that allowed him to gain possession.

I strongly fancy us to beat Spurs which probably means we won't!!

Edited by stament

5 hours ago, stament said:

yep, nice finish ably assisted by an error that allowed him to gain possession.

I strongly fancy us to beat Spurs which probably means we won't!!

Yeah, it will be typical if Kane comes to life, after not being sighted in the League since the transfer window. That said, they're going to have a hell of a job to stop us scoring.

First thing I'd like to say is, Thiago Silva is the best centre back I've ever seen in 60 years of watching football. He's a master of his craft. I only wish we'd got him 5 years earlier. Skilful, intelligent, cool headed ,works hard and inspires those around him.

Secondly, Thomas got it right yet again by subbing an under par Mount with Kante at half time. Spurs never got a look in, in the second half, which we completely dominated and could have easily doubled our score. Kante coming on, gave Jorginho more time and space to set up attacks while Kovacic was everywhere. Havertz didn't have much luck going his way, but worked hard to compensate while Lukaku bullied their centre backs into submission. Kepa came in and did well.

• Like 2

I was right it was a good watch imo. Chilwell got no change out of Cash for most of the game and took a lacklustre penalty. Cho  chose the fancy option a few times when not necessary,but i thought most of the other lads had a good game. Sarr was pretty solid on the left side of a back 3, Saul was a lot better than he was on his debut (against Villa) Rubens was solid and made some nice moves,Werner full of energy as usual Chalobah was very good,some may fault him for there goal but it was a very good cross by Cash and a great header by Archer,nothing that Kepa could do about that. Kepa was solid and Tommy has done a great with him along with the goalkeeping coaches. Well done lads.

• Like 2