The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 8/11/2021 at 3:23 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

Hilarious to see you punting £100m for Lukaku...a great lumbering oaf he was at Utd and I'm sure he'll give you similar service.

The Kiss of Death is back again????????????

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Abraham joining Roma for 40m Euros subject to medicals. Chelsea have inserted an 80m buy back clause. Batshuayi next to go.

Good for Roma and good for Tammy....Yep Bats Barkley Bakayoko etc etc at least another 10 players to go...

• Like 1

It seems old habits die hard at Palace. Even with a new manager, they sat on the half way line and allowed our back three the easiest afternoon's work they'll have this season. Jorginho's confidence is in the stratosphere at the moment and, with Kovacic, completely bossed the midfield. What happens when Kante is back? Gawd knows, we'll be impregnable! We're purring along now with our passing game. Great reaction from the team when young Chalobah planted one in the bottom corner. Thiago's got a fight on his hands to get his place back!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stament said:

Spot on re the score. Well done Keith. He did start and he scored.

Yeah and a good goal at that....just surprised he started given the 120 mins he played the other night...where as Chilwell never featured for England and his last competitive game was that Champions League win over the "Harlem globe Trotters" :biggrin:

• Like 1

Serious question Chelsea fans. Do you mind being called rent boys or do you take it as banter?

Liverpool have issued a public apology for some of their fans calling Norwich on loan from Chelsea player Gilmour a rent boy. They have apologised for homophobic chants and say it will not be tolerated.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Serious question Chelsea fans. Do you mind being called rent boys or do you take it as banter?

Liverpool have issued a public apology for some of their fans calling Norwich on loan from Chelsea player Gilmour a rent boy. They have apologised for homophobic chants and say it will not be tolerated.

It's fine, I take it as banter if said in the right way. If aggressive and repeatedly then it's too far. But I'm  just a fan and it's said about Chelsea fans when aimed at me or my team not me personally like Gilmour for example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

You are going to have to get a full time job....far too much time on your hands.

Too lazy for a full time or even a part time job Keef. But not too lazy to post a photo of Maynard G. Krebs. BTW I'm a fan of Mount and his 1950's beatnik look. Beats the heck out of a lot of "looks" these days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

Too lazy for a full time or even a part time job Keef. But not too lazy to post a photo of Maynard G. Krebs. BTW I'm a fan of Mount and his 1950's beatnik look. Beats the heck out of a lot of "looks" these days.

Really JD? I thought it was Manfred Mann without the horn rimmed glasses.

• Like 1

Another excellent team performance, against a bogey team that always seems to find another leg against us. Lukaku did well on his first start but, much tougher tests are guaranteed to come. Even I would look good against a couple of donkeys like Mari and Holding.

My man of the man was Havertz. Everything he does oozes class. How he managed to get that ball to Alonso in the lead up to James's goal, Christ knows. Arsenal's midfield and attack made it difficult for us, especially Jorginho, with their pace and trickery, but we gradually got control of that. Our passing game remains top notch.

• Like 2

A very comfortabe home win,plus a clean sheet????

All player,s who parcipated,put in solid shift,s ????Nice to see Kiss of Death,s Striker???????????? open up his  account  with a well taken Team goal

IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE

• Like 2

Did n,t really have to bust a gutt to get all 3 points. Lukaku.......does exactly what it says on the tin.

Still got at least 8 players to get rid of and if that happens before the window closes then maybe we might sign someone else...who knows.

The lad we sold to Southampton got rave reviews but where he plays he wasn't going to usurp Dave or Reece or Chalobah...cant remember if a buy -back clause was inserted into his sale....still we cant keep them all.

• Like 2

Just finished watching Brian Moore on the Big Match ITV4 (1974). The main game was Chelsea v Arsenal at Stamford Bridge which finished 0 - 0. After the recording, Jimmy Rimmer and Charlie Cooke were in the studio, answering questions from him. What struck me was the interviewing technique of Brian Moore. No leading questions to massage their egos, no gushing and giggling and no cobblers rhetoric like "How does it feel to be European Champions...( he asked knowingly). Just straight talking, in some cases hard hitting, intelligent questioning which demanded intelligent replies. If this technique was used today, they would be left flabbergasted and on the phone pronto, to their elocution teacher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Lukaku will score bushels of goals, and will likely annoy his mates by throwing his hands in the air and moaning for the ball whenever he is in the box.:coffee1:

He can moan all he wants.... so long as he continues to ball the in the back of net.????????:post-4641-1156694083:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another one bits the dust...this time its Ike Ugbo on a permanent transfer to Genk...yep definitely cant keep them all.

Guess our next and possibly last transfer target cant be far away especially if Kurt goes to W Ham.

I think Pulisic is going to be the main beneficiary from the signing of big Rom...tap-ins galore for that little fella imho.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1