The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

I wondered about  Chalobah Keith. He got injured and, it seems, Thomas is giving time to recover. As far as Rice is concerned, Moyes rates him a lot higher than I do. 250 million? United are welcome to him at that price. I know it's not my money but I wouldn't sign him on principle. I don't think we need another midfield player anyway. Kovacic and Kante are better than him and we've got Conor and Billy boy coming back. Don't judge Billy on his loan period at Norwich, just remember the time he took the <deleted> out of Liverpool's midfield, that's his true ability.

Christensen as gone backwards ever since his contract negotiations started and the Abramovich sanctions kicked in. If he can't play for the shirt, as Rudiger has consistently done and is in the same situation, then he can <deleted> off. I agree with you about Jorginho and Alonso. We need a lot more pace in the team and those  two are diabolically pedestrian. I can't argue with their ability on the ball but we need pacier plays to move the ball out of their feet quicker and repel the counter attack. I like Broja a lot. Puts himself about and is quick off the mark. Pulisic? Ziyech? Hudson -Odoi? What do you reckon? 

I saw a comment on a Blues website that made me laugh. This person said "Why don't we resign Tammy and sell Lukaku?" Don't these people ever learn? Judging a player because he's scoring goals in Serie A is costly. Serie A is a fantasy league full of over rated has beens and dreamy defenders who are more interested in what they look like, not what they do on the pitch.

Rice has got better and better imho,and has added a few tricks to his game. Massive game for him tomorrow as he imo undoubtedly wants to be playing with some of his old youth team mates. Rice will go for under 100mil not the 250 West Ham (apparently want) Chelsea maybe tempted as Kante ain,t getting any younger or fitter,still very reliable imo but needs to occupy one place on the pitch ...and not all of it.

Pulisic Ziyech Odoi...put them all in a blender and see what comes out the other end.

Rlc no serious offers then he stays,Barkley part exchange for a Callaway Epic 3 wood 15 degree SR flex. (that,s for me)

A lot of very good talent to come back, as you say Billy and Conor for starters, then Dujon Sterling Tino Anjorin Ampadu a young defender Levi Colwill who is having a good season in the championship Broja of course Harvey Vale, Lewis Hall and a kid i like a lot Charlie Webster.

Got too laugh at that thuccking hypocrite Neville....hates Chelsea and the Roman era of hiring and firing....hear his club Salford are on there 8th Manager now....<deleted>.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, oldgit said:

I wondered about  Chalobah Keith. He got injured and, it seems, Thomas is giving time to recover. As far as Rice is concerned, Moyes rates him a lot higher than I do. 250 million? United are welcome to him at that price. 

Christensen as gone backwards ever since his contract negotiations started and the Abramovich sanctions kicked in. If he can't play for the shirt, as Rudiger has consistently done and is in the same situation, then he can <deleted> off.

I agree with you about Jorginho and Alonso. We need a lot more pace in the team and those  two are diabolically pedestrian. I can't argue with their ability on the ball but we need pacier plays to move the ball out of their feet quicker and repel the counter attack. I like Broja a lot. Puts himself about and is quick off the mark.

I agree with all your points above.  Christensen's form has dropped off a cliff since he agreed his Barcelona move.  I don't think we should play him again unless absolutely necessary, I prefer Chalobah for sure.  Seems Rudiger is more likely to leave than stay according to the press which will be a body blow.  Regardless seems we are pursuing Kounde.  

I would like to see us get rid of Barkley too - he's priority one for an exit, prefer to keep RLC.  We still have Bakayoro (not sure on the spelling!).  Seems Haaland is all set for City, and Lukaku has been a disaster - his attitude looks very poor.  Hoping the PSG rumours are true and we can offload him!  Wouldn't mind getting Nunez from Benfica.  Want to keep hold of Werner, Ziyech.  Seems Collwell is highly rated, wonder if we will keep him or loan/sell him likewise Broja.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stament said:

I agree with all your points above.  Christensen's form has dropped off a cliff since he agreed his Barcelona move.  I don't think we should play him again unless absolutely necessary, I prefer Chalobah for sure.  Seems Rudiger is more likely to leave than stay according to the press which will be a body blow.  Regardless seems we are pursuing Kounde.  

I would like to see us get rid of Barkley too - he's priority one for an exit, prefer to keep RLC.  We still have Bakayoro (not sure on the spelling!).  Seems Haaland is all set for City, and Lukaku has been a disaster - his attitude looks very poor.  Hoping the PSG rumours are true and we can offload him!  Wouldn't mind getting Nunez from Benfica.  Want to keep hold of Werner, Ziyech.  Seems Collwell is highly rated, wonder if we will keep him or loan/sell him likewise Broja.....

Rudiger is 29years old, but is as fit as a fiddle and could play at his high level for at least 2 years. He's also got Chelsea blue running through his veins so, we must tie him down to a contract. Thiago is another who is vital to the Chelsea cause. He is pure class and, if nothing else, is a great role model for other young players to follow at the club. A big thumbs up to Werner for turning his game around, after looking like he was totally fed up with life at Chelsea. I'm concerned that Pulisic is past his best after all the niggly injuries he's had. He seems to have lost that instant acceleration that terrorised defenders. Ziyech was in terrific form before his latest injury set him back. What I like about him is his total confidence in his own ability and he doesn't hide when things aren't going his way. Hudson -Odoi is the opposite. If Loftus -Cheek is willing to stay at the club as a utility player, I'd keep him. I've been impressed how he's filled in at wing back and full back. Trading poor old Barkley for a golf club is a bit harsh Keith! He'd be alright playing abroad in Serie A for instance. Bakayoko looked good when he first came to the club but steadily  got worse. Far better suited to playing abroad at a slower tempo. I will be looking forward to seeing some of our youngsters playing next pre season as I don't look at our Youth teams much.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Rudiger is 29years old, but is as fit as a fiddle and could play at his high level for at least 2 years. He's also got Chelsea blue running through his veins so, we must tie him down to a contract. Thiago is another who is vital to the Chelsea cause. He is pure class and, if nothing else, is a great role model for other young players to follow at the club. A big thumbs up to Werner for turning his game around, after looking like he was totally fed up with life at Chelsea. I'm concerned that Pulisic is past his best after all the niggly injuries he's had. He seems to have lost that instant acceleration that terrorised defenders. Ziyech was in terrific form before his latest injury set him back. What I like about him is his total confidence in his own ability and he doesn't hide when things aren't going his way. Hudson -Odoi is the opposite. If Loftus -Cheek is willing to stay at the club as a utility player, I'd keep him. I've been impressed how he's filled in at wing back and full back. Trading poor old Barkley for a golf club is a bit harsh Keith! He'd be alright playing abroad in Serie A for instance. Bakayoko looked good when he first came to the club but steadily  got worse. Far better suited to playing abroad at a slower tempo. I will be looking forward to seeing some of our youngsters playing next pre season as I don't look at our Youth teams much.

It is a good golf club though????

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:28 PM, oldgit said:

Rudiger is 29years old, but is as fit as a fiddle and could play at his high level for at least 2 years. He's also got Chelsea blue running through his veins so, we must tie him down to a contract.

Ain't gonna happen by the looks of things. Today he verbally agreed to join Real Madrid.

• Like 1

Gutted and bitterly disappointed by Rudiger going....he has (imho)just had his best ever season for us,will he repeat that wherever he ends up...i very much doubt it,given the unbelievable weekly wage he will be on compared to his fellow defenders.

Yet to be confirmed is that both Bruce Buck and Marina Granovskaia  have been offered to stay on whoever the new owners are. Rudiger Christensen Dave and Thiago all started this season at the end of there contracts,and now Rudiger an asset that was probably worth well over 100mil is off for nothing...not good business at all.

• Like 1

Big need of defensive players for next year.  With Rudiger gone, I feel Chelsea is down to one quality defender (and he is 37 years old!). I think a minimum of two new cbs are needed.  Other clubs will also be looking for these same players.  Hope Chelsea can manage something.  Why, oh why, did they rid of Tomori?

8 minutes ago, swerve said:

Big need of defensive players for next year.  With Rudiger gone, I feel Chelsea is down to one quality defender (and he is 37 years old!). I think a minimum of two new cbs are needed.  Other clubs will also be looking for these same players.  Hope Chelsea can manage something.  Why, oh why, did they rid of Tomori?

Tomori Lamprey Ghuehi livramento...luckily the academy is still producing...Sterling is a good un so is Hall and Colwill

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

and now Rudiger an asset that was probably worth well over 100mil is off for nothing...not good business at all.

You will find that ALL bids were based on CURRENT assets & as Rudiger was still classed as an asset of your club - It has no reflection on "Good business" or not.

24 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

You will find that ALL bids were based on CURRENT assets & as Rudiger was still classed as an asset of your club - It has no reflection on "Good business" or not.

Thanks Sherlock... Tell me how Rudiger was classed as a "Financial" asset of the club when he has no sell on value.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thanks Sherlock... Tell me how Rudiger was classed as a "Financial" asset of the club when he has no sell on value.

The Accountant in me would say a fully depreciated one but then again it's still your asset so not quite the same as here the asset can go walkies.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Its not about sell on value boy, its about "Assets"  Current assets - Nothing to do with current / Future contracts - Future markets cannot be taken into account when selling a business - It's all based on the value of the market today - And Rudiger is still part of that today market value.

Like it or not - agree or disagree, this is a fact of basic business economics.

Take United for example - Our current market value is based on our current squad - Including Pogba, Cavani, Lingard, Matic, Mata. Martial, Jones, Bailey, Grant, ect ect, who are either out of contract or who will be sold  in the summer.

On 1st July, due to our rather unusual number of loss of assets, i see us losing anything between 5 -15% of our market value.

Be careful, coz your market value could decreece by 0.5 Billion if not sold before 1st July.

8 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Its not about sell on value boy, its about "Assets"  Current assets - Nothing to do with current / Future contracts - Future markets cannot be taken into account when selling a business - It's all based on the value of the market today - And Rudiger is still part of that today market value.

Like it or not - agree or disagree, this is a fact of basic business economics.

Take United for example - Our current market value is based on our current squad - Including Pogba, Cavani, Lingard, Matic, Mata. Martial, Jones, Bailey, Grant, ect ect, who are either out of contract or who will be sold  in the summer.

On 1st July, due to our rather unusual number of loss of assets, i see us losing anything between 5 -15% of our market value.

Be careful, coz your market value could decreece by 0.5 Billion if not sold before 1st July.

We, like most football fans aren't interested in market value, we are interested in challenging for trophies. I think that's where the Glazers strategy, if you can call them having a strategy differs.  Losing Rudiger is a huge body blow but I still feel we will recruit a good replacement albeit not quite as good as Rudiger who will be infinitely better than Maguire.

Let's disect the United team like they did on Sky Sports last week when Gary Neville said not one United player would get into the Liverpool team. How many would get into the City team? None, possibly Ronaldo for a few months, not Rashford on this year's form. Likewise Chelsea, just Ronaldo for 6 months possibly you could argue for DDG.   Thinking about it how many would get into Newcastle's team....... Keep focusing on market value please ...keep up the good work. We will look forward to welcoming Connor back which is like having a free £50m signing....????????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Dont call me boy you thuccking ignorant moron

Chelsea Rentboys in abundance on here - Relax & take it easy, life is too short, its only a bit of banter.

The funny thing is, not only did i go to school right next to Stamford Bridge (Seagrave Road) SW6 - But my Uncles 1st cousin is one of your all time Chelsea Legends, with 193 goals for the club ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Chelsea Rentboys in abundance on here - Relax & take it easy, life is too short, its only a bit of banter.

The funny thing is, not only did i go to school right next to Stamford Bridge (Seagrave Road) SW6 - But my Uncles 1st cousin is one of your all time Chelsea Legends, with 193 goals for the club ????

So how come you ended up being a United fan?

1 hour ago, stament said:

So how come you ended up being a United fan?

Long story cut short - I watched the 76 Cup Final on tv & started to take an interest in United - The following year in 77, beating the Dippers at Wembley 2-1 & stopping them winning the Treble, that was it for me, my love for United just grew & grew - My ol man took me to my 1st United match in December 77 & my 1st visit to Old Trafford was in 79, last home game of the season.

I loved football as a kid & my dad took me to see George Best play for Fulham at the Cottage alongside Rodney Marsh.

One of my 1st ever matches was at the Bridge, i think around 76 ??? Fa Cup 6th round v Crystal Palace - Palace won 3-2, Peter Taylor scored that day.

That day, Chelsea just didnt do it for me - So i stuck with United ????

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Most United fans are either Lardoners, Irish or anywhere else outside of Manchester.

And all Bertie Magoos are from Stockport - Your point being ??

Come on Curly, I'm still waiting for you to reply on the Football Lads thread ?? 

I'm interested to know, are you even in South east Asia ??? 

Don't be shy fella - Its all good - You still plotted up in Stockport ain't ya ??? Probably never even been on a plane before ????

I have been to the council house only 3 or 4 times, but i bet you i have been to Maine Road more times than you ????????

I miss them "Massive" floodlights.