The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Apparently, that would be termed as a "new transaction" which isn't allowed under this  special licence that the Government has issued. As far as I know, even extending an existing  contract is seen as a new transaction. Regarding selling the club is concerned, that's on hold until an administrater is put in place, presumably by the Government. I'm more interested in how this affects the players mentally, on the pitch.

Players will be okay as they play for the shirt....a shirt that they will have to keep as there not allowed to buy any more. ????

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Players will be okay as they play for the shirt....a shirt that they will have to keep as there not allowed to buy any more. ????

Some players out of contract, will be leaving in the summer but Broja, Gallagher and Gilmour won't be going anywhere!

23 hours ago, wilai said:

Big breaking news...(details not confirmed but source is a reliable one)

'Roman Abramovich sanctioned. All UK assets frozen. Chelsea can still operate under a special licence but sale now on hold. Club will not be allowed to sell any more tickets - only season ticket holders can go to games for the foreseeable future.'

I wonder if buying/selling end of contract etc players are affected?

We cannot even agree a new contract with existing players.  Look at the Q&A article on BBC

21 minutes ago, stament said:

We cannot even agree a new contract with existing players.  Look at the Q&A article on BBC

Yep, details are all out now. Think that 'unofficial' discussions will still take place though.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:25 AM, champers said:

So Chelsea won't be able to sell match tickets; Citeh have had that problem for years and they seem to be doing OK.

Wow. On average, the scousers get 300 more people than City. Massive that innit !!! Hate to say it but Liverpool are miles off being as big as United

Chelsea only get a tiny 37,000 and City get 52,000. Are they the smallest club in Larndon? Even Villa and Everton get more than Chelsea

Premier League 2021/2022 » Attendance » Home matches (worldfootball.net)

And what's Bolton? About 11 or 12,000? Really don't think you have much room to joke about attendances Champers ????

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Wow. On average, the scousers get 300 more people than City. Massive that innit !!! Hate to say it but Liverpool are miles off being as big as United

Chelsea only get a tiny 37,000 and City get 52,000. Are they the smallest club in Larndon? Even Villa and Everton get more than Chelsea

And what's Bolton? About 11 or 12,000? Really don't think you have much room to joke about attendances Champers ????

Who took the Jam out of your doughnut? 

You don,t do humour do you,although your avatar says you do????????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Who took the Jam out of your doughnut? 

You don,t do humour do you,although your avatar says you do????????

I do humour alright. Don't worry you're cotton socks about that. But usually it has to be with someone who's just a little funny.  ????

Awesome goal from Havertz,absolutely-sublime. Some say he should of got a red..not me, Burns could have broken Kai,s jaw with his right arm but no-one saw that in that same challenge. 

I thought the bird who does commentary on prem football was bad enough but Carraggeeeeeeeeeer......is worse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Awesome goal from Havertz,absolutely-sublime. Some say he should of got a red..not me, Burns could have broken Kai,s jaw with his right arm but no-one saw that in that same challenge. 

I thought the bird who does commentary on prem football was bad enough but Carraggeeeeeeeeeer......is worse.

In the first half, I was seething at some of our players who shall remain nameless! Two bob ball control, lack of movement, slow all adds up to a team that isn't firing. I thought Newcastle were organised and pressed well but, other than that, not that impressed. Thank Gawd we had Kante, Kovacic when he came on and Havertz to speed things up.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, mrbojangles said:

Nearer 14K; 16K on Saturday v Plymouth. We'll have more season ticket holders than Chelsea next season.

Chelsea have asked Marcus Rashford if he he's got any spare packed lunches for the team bus.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, champers said:

Nearer 14K; 16K on Saturday v Plymouth. We'll have more season ticket holders than Chelsea next season.

Chelsea have asked Marcus Rashford if he he's got any spare packed lunches for the team bus.

A career in catering beckons....as his football career has disappeared down the "Gary Glitter"

20 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Did you see that brick wall appear last night Bob?? Palace Palace who tf are Palace.

haha indeed Mad Dog, big game for us tonight, huge. Arsenal looking good at the minute.

We just might be able to catch the boys in baby blue.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:03 PM, BangrakBob said:

Stinks what has happened here you know, daylight robbery. 

Yemen get's flattened for 10 years and KSA get to buy Newcastle, a Russian business man has his club stolen for being Russian. 

I'm not wanting to flame or create issues here, I'n not wanting to introduce politics, but the fact of the matter this is what happened here, and that is ok.... ????????‍♂️

20 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yemen get's flattened for 10 years and KSA get to buy Newcastle, a Russian business man has his club stolen for being Russian. 

I'm not wanting to flame or create issues here, I'n not wanting to introduce politics, but the fact of the matter this is what happened here, and that is ok.... ????????‍♂️

Some Football authorities and some Governments will go too far and i will come back and bite right up the "Kyber Pass"

• Like 1

The draw is what it is...and over here that is just purgatory given the kick off times.

Still every cloud has a silver lining and no snivelling little argie gitt in sight......you wont be winning Balloon on the Door this year mate.✌️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Clinical Chelsea performance....motm the 2 T,s ..Tommy and Thiago.

What else can you say about Thiago? The man is majestic in everything he does on the pitch. The best centre back I've ever seen and I've been watching football for 69 years. Regarding Thomas, the bids are in, and whoever takes over, must ensure that they don't make any stupid, egotistical bu****it decisions that cause him to walk. He must stay at all costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

What else can you say about Thiago? The man is majestic in everything he does on the pitch. The best centre back I've ever seen and I've been watching football for 69 years. Regarding Thomas, the bids are in, and whoever takes over, must ensure that they don't make any stupid, egotistical bu****it decisions that cause him to walk. He must stay at all costs.

Petr Cech,s role in all things Chelsea is priceless.... he is the go to man imho????

• Like 1