The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not insurmountable....must win on Saturday 1st to get whatever momentum we can going into the 2nd leg. After all it,s only half-time.

For some reason, we've hit a brick wall since the international break. I don't think it's anything to  do with Thomas judging by the raucous scenes after Rudiger's goal. After some diabolical defending by all the team on Saturday, in which the focus  of the players went out of the window, the confidence levels have plummeted. It needs the big characters in the team to pull it around. The fact that we are playing away next will be a blessing, I think.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Momentum...in spades.????

Yeah, the Saints bore the brunt of our frustration over two poor performances. Kovacic and Kante were exceptional in midfield with Loftus -Cheek tucking in on occasions and driving forward. Alonso will never have an easier afternoon as he was not put under pressure. Werner's got to get over his infatuation with the woodwork.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, the Saints bore the brunt of our frustration over two poor performances. Kovacic and Kante were exceptional in midfield with Loftus -Cheek tucking in on occasions and driving forward. Alonso will never have an easier afternoon as he was not put under pressure. Werner's got to get over his infatuation with the woodwork.

I do like Timo,s work rate it,s not stop...dont care how many sitters he misses it,s being in the right place at the right time.

I tend to think (i know it,s a bit late in the day) that Lukaku has been nothing but a massive distraction to our club,yep his interview in December(?) did not help but farrk me he has been average to say the least...sure he will come back in time to bully Arsenal but that will be a bit too late in the day imo.

Massive apologies to my fellow Blues fans for me not posting any tables highlighting our total dominance of Southampton yesterday...passes made shots in the box shot,s outside of the box woodwork hit most time,s in a 1st half or second half,Tommy's record against anyone in the world away games home games, games that matter games that dont...you get the gist.????

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I do like Timo,s work rate it,s not stop...dont care how many sitters he misses it,s being in the right place at the right time.

I tend to think (i know it,s a bit late in the day) that Lukaku has been nothing but a massive distraction to our club,yep his interview in December(?) did not help but farrk me he has been average to say the least...sure he will come back in time to bully Arsenal but that will be a bit too late in the day imo.

I didn't want Lukaku from the beginning Keith That's the best Timo's played for ages. I know strikers are a sensitive bunch and he works hard but he's also been looking after himself lately, pulling out of challenges when you know he's got the pace to roast defenders.

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Wish granted by a sublime Benzema header ????

I dont blame you for posting on here mush...cos you aint got nothing absolutely nothing to post about on your thread...just enjoy other teams disappointments ysf

• Like 2

We had to be patient against Palace, who have some dangerous players on the counter and are solid in defence. I was groaning when Kovacic went off but Loftus -Cheek did a great job in quickening up the pace in midfield and driving forward. That opened up space for others to exploit. Well done Timo for turning your game around, showing how dangerous you can be when you're confident in your ability. Whoever takes over the club must sort out a new contract for Rudiger, no ifs or buts. The man's value to the team is immense.

• Like 1

Staggering what Tommy and the team have achieved so far this season,probably one of the worst seasons injury wise i can personally ever remember. Chilwell (32) James (11) Alonso  Chalobah (10) Christensen (12) Dave (9) Jorginho  Havertz (8) Kovacic (8)  Kante (8) (Pulisic (12) Ziyech (12)  Cho(14)  Rlc  Werner(12) and Lukaku (8) ...have all missed a minimum of 6 games and most have missed more.

Only Mendy Mount And Rudiger have missed 4 or less games.

Round of applause boys....????????????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Staggering what Tommy and the team have achieved so far this season,probably one of the worst seasons injury wise i can personally ever remember. Chilwell (32) James (11) Alonso  Chalobah (10) Christensen (12) Dave (9) Jorginho  Havertz (8) Kovacic (8)  Kante (8) (Pulisic (12) Ziyech (12)  Cho(14)  Rlc  Werner(12) and Lukaku (8) ...have all missed a minimum of 6 games and most have missed more.

Only Mendy Mount And Rudiger have missed 4 or less games.

Round of applause boys....????????????

Blimey! I never realised.

Yer' Ammers next up so we must address this poor home form run we're on. I reckon we'll win this one because West Ham are nowhere as quick as Arsenal on the counter. Once they got that first goal gift, their confidence grew and were much sharper than us. Not a good time to have both Rudiger and Kova' out, two very influential players in the team plus Kante is still in the middle of Ramadan. Zouma is out for them which is a plus as Dawson and Diop are hardly top class. Azpilicueta, Thiago and James as a back three for me. It might be a cagey game to start with but I'll reckon we'll sneak it

1 hour ago, wilai said:

He is injured as well mate.

Yeah, I  noticed that afterwards on the Premier League Injuries list. With  Agbonna  a long term absentee as well, they might draft in Soucek at centre back!

10 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yer' Ammers next up so we must address this poor home form run we're on. I reckon we'll win this one because West Ham are nowhere as quick as Arsenal on the counter. Once they got that first goal gift, their confidence grew and were much sharper than us. Not a good time to have both Rudiger and Kova' out, two very influential players in the team plus Kante is still in the middle of Ramadan. Zouma is out for them which is a plus as Dawson and Diop are hardly top class. Azpilicueta, Thiago and James as a back three for me. It might be a cagey game to start with but I'll reckon we'll sneak it

Chalobah has to come into the back 3 and James in front of him...maybe.

Rice will be out to impress i expect....and if he does....could well be in our kit come July.

Cant really see Jorg or Rlc staying and even Kante for that matter if someone wants to make a stupid offer for him.

No surprise to anyone who knows me,but i would like to see the back of Alonso...like playing with 10 men when he starts. Out Christensen sign Kounde and keep Rudiger.

Dujon Sterling, Connor, Broja.... keep.

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Chalobah has to come into the back 3 and James in front of him...maybe.

Rice will be out to impress i expect....and if he does....could well be in our kit come July.

Cant really see Jorg or Rlc staying and even Kante for that matter if someone wants to make a stupid offer for him.

No surprise to anyone who knows me,but i would like to see the back of Alonso...like playing with 10 men when he starts. Out Christensen sign Kounde and keep Rudiger.

Dujon Sterling, Connor, Broja.... keep.

I wondered about  Chalobah Keith. He got injured and, it seems, Thomas is giving time to recover. As far as Rice is concerned, Moyes rates him a lot higher than I do. 250 million? United are welcome to him at that price. I know it's not my money but I wouldn't sign him on principle. I don't think we need another midfield player anyway. Kovacic and Kante are better than him and we've got Conor and Billy boy coming back. Don't judge Billy on his loan period at Norwich, just remember the time he took the <deleted> out of Liverpool's midfield, that's his true ability.

Christensen as gone backwards ever since his contract negotiations started and the Abramovich sanctions kicked in. If he can't play for the shirt, as Rudiger has consistently done and is in the same situation, then he can <deleted> off. I agree with you about Jorginho and Alonso. We need a lot more pace in the team and those  two are diabolically pedestrian. I can't argue with their ability on the ball but we need pacier plays to move the ball out of their feet quicker and repel the counter attack. I like Broja a lot. Puts himself about and is quick off the mark. Pulisic? Ziyech? Hudson -Odoi? What do you reckon? 

I saw a comment on a Blues website that made me laugh. This person said "Why don't we resign Tammy and sell Lukaku?" Don't these people ever learn? Judging a player because he's scoring goals in Serie A is costly. Serie A is a fantasy league full of over rated has beens and dreamy defenders who are more interested in what they look like, not what they do on the pitch.