The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Why dont kit manufacturers interview every season 10-15 fans, ask them what they like n don't like and design 5 kits around that, present to the fans to choose from. Every club has certain colours/designs the fans relate to, i.e. big favourite with City fans for the away kit is the '69 FA cup red and black stripes last used in Mancini days but now we get wierd and wonderful colours and patterns we can't relate to.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:35 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Why dont kit manufacturers interview every season 10-15 fans, ask them what they like n don't like and design 5 kits around that, present to the fans to choose from. Every club has certain colours/designs the fans relate to, i.e. big favourite with City fans for the away kit is the '69 FA cup red and black stripes last used in Mancini days but now we get wierd and wonderful colours and patterns we can't relate to.

It looks like some arty farty type has been let loose on our new kit.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, mrbojangles said:

That's horrible, don't you think sanemax?

From a distance you would not be able to distinguish the cryptic black artwork. Perhaps it's got something to do with the marks that the Yoko tyre treads leave in the mud?

The other night I was watching a game on the internet and one team was playing in blue and the other in light green. Misplaced passes all over.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

From a distance you would not be able to distinguish the cryptic black artwork. Perhaps it's got something to do with the marks that the Yoko tyre treads leave in the mud?

The other night I was watching a game on the internet and one team was playing in blue and the other in light green. Misplaced passes all over.

That's because green kits should be banned.

• Like 1

Thought the ref had blinder....or was he just blind??? 

Elbows and bad tackles aside,it was quite a good watch imho. Thought Higuain was completely thuckking useless and should not have started the 2nd half. Wilian....done him to death nothing to add....other than he was side by side with Shaw for there opener,but failed to track his run. Cant keep relying on Hazard,but very little happens without him. Kovacic was everywhere,fair play to him,Dave seemed to "Man up " last night which was also a positive imo.  Jorhino... did not really know he was there,not sure whether thats a good thing or not. Alonso took his chance well and wasn,t that bad.

4th place is in our own hands now but we must beat Watford to make it happen imo.

• Like 2

Great second half performance which should have seen us leave the pitch worthy winners,but no such luck and the game now hangs in the balance. Loftus Cheek and Kante were excellent imo,the rest were okay with the exception of Pedro and Willian who were both shitt imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Great second half performance which should have seen us leave the pitch worthy winners,but no such luck and the game now hangs in the balance. Loftus Cheek and Kante were excellent imo,the rest were okay with the exception of Pedro and Willian who were both shitt imo.

Gawd, I thought we were awful in the first half an hour. Giving the ball away with impunity and no effort. Then we started to press for the equaliser with Loftus- Cheek putting his stamp on the game. The goal gave us the confidence to run the second half. I must admit, I expected more from Frankfurt but they didn't press us until late in the game. They were also shattered at the end with players cramping up. Famous last words, but I can see us winning the return leg comfortably. Yes, Kante was different class Keith.

• Like 2

A first half to forget and a second half to remember.....it,s a funny old game. Loftus Cheek yet again steps up to the plate and should be a definite starter,a truly massive influence going forward and super strong in midfield. Pedro for me is toilet,Higuain despite his goal ...also toilet,Alonso painfully slow, Dave was shocking in that first half and not much better in the second....bring back Reece James to replace Dave....unless we play 3 at the back. I would have Kurt Zouma over Christensen who imo is not quite strong enough against certain players. Giroud you play for Chelsea now not Arsenal.....cut out trying to go for the spectacular and keep it simple.

Transfer ban or not we need a defensive coach more than anything else. 10 players in the box for all corners and free kicks is just a complete and utter joke.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Transfer rumour according to the app "onefootball"

Marcos Alonso to Real Madrid ???????????? please let it be so.

That's where Bolton bought him from. Seems so, so long ago.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 7:28 PM, keithsimmonds said:

I hope Cahill gets a run out tonight at some point, under the right circumstances. He has been a good servant for the club won many trophies and deserves a good send off imo.

Can't defend for toffee, mind. His career dropped off a cliff once Terry fell out of favour. Might end up at his hometown club Sheff Utd.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, sanemax said:

Yes, I dont like it at all and theres no white stripe down the shorts and even worse , blue socks .

It doesnt look  like a Chelsea kit without White socks  

Don't fret about the socks, apparently the blue ones are for "aways" to avoid a sock clash. White ones for home kit.

44 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Don't fret about the socks, apparently the blue ones are for "aways" to avoid a sock clash. White ones for home kit.

I must admit, the kit looks better than I first thought. That red tab is a bit annoying though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, champers said:

Plymouth and Yeovil have both got relegated. Nuff said.

Blending in with the grass didn't have the desired effect. Most probably due to the players being excrement.

18 hours ago, jellydog said:

So, is Chelsea gonna sack their manager? 3rd in the EPL and with a shot at winning the Europa League.

Watch what you wish for.

I hope so. He is a cantankerous old thuccker who is to set in his ways for me. Should have played both Loftus Cheek and Hudson odoi more than he did,continues to play Kante out of his best position,continued to play Jorhinio when the bloke was clearly out of form and next to thuccking useless.....i could go on and on .....but wont.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, champers said:

Can't defend for toffee, mind. His career dropped off a cliff once Terry fell out of favour. Might end up at his hometown club Sheff Utd.

Cant have that. 2016/2017 2nd most appearances (41) behind Dave (45) ....Terry (6) went from a back four to a three, got Premier league winners medal and runners up Fa cup.....both Terry and Ivan were finished. That was probably one of his best season,s and no Terry to hold his hand.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I hope so. He is a cantankerous old thuccker who is to set in his ways for me. Should have played both Loftus Cheek and Hudson odoi more than he did,continues to play Kante out of his best position,continued to play Jorhinio when the bloke was clearly out of form and next to thuccking useless.....i could go on and on .....but wont.

I'm still trying to work out how we've qualified for the Champions League considering the congested fixture list (61 games in total this season including the Community Shield), the turmoil pre season when Conte took the first training session under sufferance, the mid season b*****ks when Sarri refused to see the that some players were woefully out of form and should have been benched and consistently ignored the obvious credentials of Hudson -Odoi and Loftus -Cheek, even though the  dimmest village idiot on the terraces knew the score. Loads of mistakes been made but, somehow, we've worked our way through it. Arsenal and Tottenham's loss of form in the Premier League plus United spectacular implosion has helped us along the way.

A club needs a good manager but also a lucky one, and Sarri definitely has the latter attribute. It would be a bit harsh to get rid of him after what's been achieved this season, although that has never stopped Abramovich from wielding the sword e.g Di Matteo. Considering the soap opera around the club at the start of the season and Sarri's rushed preparation, I'd be inclined to give him another chance, in the hope that he's learnt his lesson and bins his cantankerous behaviour. If the transfer ban is upheld, he's got his work cut out next season anyway, as Hazard is guaranteed to leave as well as a few old codgers, but it will be refreshing to see some of the younger lads bursting on the scene. I think Harry Maguire will leave Leicester in the summer and I'm hoping that we'll be in for him, transfer ban permitting of course.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Appeal dismissed and transfer ban upheld by FIFA, what a surprise! Took their bloody time over it. Now on to CAS for the legal team.

Well your club broke the rules and got caught.

I love the wheels of justice.

Hopefully Citeh will be next.

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Played you 4 times this season. Do you need a reminder of the results?

Only one of us has a run at the CL final mate.

I hope you don't enjoy the game tonight. 

21 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well your club broke the rules and got caught.

I love the wheels of justice.

Hopefully Citeh will be next.

True to form for You as usual. You only get pleasure from someone else's,s misfortunes....

On 5/8/2019 at 5:32 PM, oldgit said:

I'm still trying to work out how we've qualified for the Champions League considering the congested fixture list (61 games in total this season including the Community Shield), the turmoil pre season when Conte took the first training session under sufferance, the mid season b*****ks when Sarri refused to see the that some players were woefully out of form and should have been benched and consistently ignored the obvious credentials of Hudson -Odoi and Loftus -Cheek, even though the  dimmest village idiot on the terraces knew the score. Loads of mistakes been made but, somehow, we've worked our way through it. Arsenal and Tottenham's loss of form in the Premier League plus United spectacular implosion has helped us along the way.

A club needs a good manager but also a lucky one, and Sarri definitely has the latter attribute. It would be a bit harsh to get rid of him after what's been achieved this season, although that has never stopped Abramovich from wielding the sword e.g Di Matteo. Considering the soap opera around the club at the start of the season and Sarri's rushed preparation, I'd be inclined to give him another chance, in the hope that he's learnt his lesson and bins his cantankerous behaviour. If the transfer ban is upheld, he's got his work cut out next season anyway, as Hazard is guaranteed to leave as well as a few old codgers, but it will be refreshing to see some of the younger lads bursting on the scene. I think Harry Maguire will leave Leicester in the summer and I'm hoping that we'll be in for him, transfer ban permitting of course.

If Sarri stays i will look forward to the last 6 weeks of the season when Reece James, Mason Mount, Dujon Sterling Fikayo Tomori,Tammy Abraham,Jay Dasilva,Kylian Hazard, Kasey Palmer, and maybe Clarke Salter ......get a run out.

Get Terry back as defence coach and i might be happy....errrr

• Like 1