The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

For me 2nites game is HUGE...i'm NEVER optimistic going into games v the chavs.. 2 days nodifferent. .. huge call for both managers.. poch lost the plot at the weekend and needs to sort and pic the team up  . History suggest he can .sarri needs to show  well that he still 'has' the team.. decent performance at wembley is one thing but cup final wembley ect ect sort of motivates itself ..  2 night  we will see.   2 close to call  .. draw sounds about rright

6 hours ago, oldgit said:

A performance full of grit, determination and energy which is surprising seeing the effort we put in against City on Sunday. I must admit that, before the game, I looked at the starting line up and was a bit pissed. After the game, I still felt the same because we won, not because of Alonso and Jorginho but in spite of them. Therefore, considering our formation was 3 and a half, 2 and a half and 3, Kovacic and Kante were absolutely superb last night as was Azpilicueta, Luiz and Rudiger. A deft drop of the shoulder by Trippier to send Lloris the wrong way.

Sums it up Og. I don,t know how Kante does it,just seems to cover more and more ground every game,if only Jorhnio could put in a proper tackle like Kovacic does.

Loved the boys in the vommenetary box Messrs Beglin and Durie.... a big up to the pair of them for constantly explaining exactly what i am watching :angry:..............thank the lord for the mute button:jap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Sums it up Og. I don,t know how Kante does it,just seems to cover more and more ground every game,if only Jorhnio could put in a proper tackle like Kovacic does.

Loved the boys in the vommenetary box Messrs Beglin and Durie.... a big up to the pair of them for constantly explaining exactly what i am watching :angry:..............thank the lord for the mute button:jap:

Yeah Keith, I heard the pair of them the other day, licking each others arse'oles

Drury........."Correct me if I'm wrong Jim, but could Mitrovic have taken an extra touch in the penalty area before shooting?"

Beglin......"Yes, you're kinda not wrong there Peter. He kinda could have taken the ball down first kinda."

Excruciating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boy oh boy Sarri is one stubborn thucker....jorhinio has done nothing to start infront of Kovacic Ampudu or Rubens.We are playing a very poor side today and he should also have given Cho a start. Pleased that Emerson is back in and Christensen gets a start,but neither Pedro or Willian are the future of this club so neither imo should feature at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Boy oh boy Sarri is one stubborn thucker....jorhinio has done nothing to start infront of Kovacic Ampudu or Rubens.We are playing a very poor side today and he should also have given Cho a start. Pleased that Emerson is back in and Christensen gets a start,but neither Pedro or Willian are the future of this club so neither imo should feature at all.

As long as Hazard does the business mate! #Savemyfantasyweek????

That turned out to be a very scratchy win. For whatever reason, our away form in the Premier League has been diabolical of late, not winning since beating Palace at the end of December. We started off well but, this being a local derby, with a new coach who used to be one of our own plus our congested fixture list, we had to dig deep in that last half an hour to get over the line. Sarri excelled himself again with some good substitutions as Parker made some good changes of his own. Jorginho had to come off for Kovacic. Hazard looked out on his feet, so he had to go as well, while Barkley was becoming increasingly invisible. Ryan Babel might be 32 years old but he's still got that bit of class, skill and pace so I was pleased to see Emerson deal with his threat, whereby he switched over to the right to try his luck with Azplicueta.

The pressure is still on though, with two home games in a week coming up against tough opponents. 

• Like 1

As an afterthought, I noticed Higuain was urging the midfield to push up on their goalkeeper, when he had the ball. Well, until he finds another leg and doesn't move around the field like a broken down jalopy, he can keep his opinions to himself. A classy striker, but his movement when on the defensive is, is like a snail climbing a wall. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

As an afterthought, I noticed Higuain was urging the midfield to push up on their goalkeeper, when he had the ball. Well, until he finds another leg and doesn't move around the field like a broken down jalopy, he can keep his opinions to himself. A classy striker, but his movement when on the defensive is, is like a snail climbing a wall. 

Just as well he got his goal, he could have had four or five. Before he joined us he was in a poor run of form and I think his confidence might have been dented had he not put one away last night.

I thought it was quite an exciting game last night, Fulham showing a couple of things, that their defence has diabolical moments (as does ours), that if they can put in performances like last night they have a chance (assuming they learn to defend better pdq) and that with the players that they have they should not be in the position that they are in.

Bring on the Dynamos!

• Like 2

Found it difficult to post anything positive about yesterdays game.....we won in the end and that,s it.

Yep we have had a very busy high pressure run of games of late,but i still feel that Sarri at times just does not help himself. Some players did look tired or lacked that extra fizz,some players are not capable of that  extra fizz anyway imo.  Whoever works on the defensive side of our game for set peaces and so forth....wants shooting ...Higgy wilian Rudiger were all at the front marking no one when they scored there goal...thuckking dreadful.

Gutted that despite the busy fixture list Cho and Christensen and Rlc have all been hardly used....and Ampudu has probably played more games for Wales than he has for us....that is just plain wrong.

Jorhinio despite his goal (well taken as it was) is guilty of ball watching and constantly being caught flat footed,he cant tackle and is all too easily shrugged of the ball. Barkley just does not have a football brain,Pedro and Willian just do not produce an end product on a regular basis,Higuain nice moves sometimes but best days are behind him,Dave just does not have the pace to play at RB....add Alonso and Giroud to that list and none of those players would be wanted by any of our so called 5 rivals....all of which are regular starters or on our bench.

I welcome the so called transfer ban....and hopefully welcome back Reece James, Mason Mount and Tammy Abrahams to name but 3 who could slot in quite nicely imho.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Should/could be a really good game tomorrow. I would like to see Cho get his 1st Epl start,i think he deserves it imo.

Lad deserves to be playing in an elite club that's for sure. Plenty sniffing about.

• Like 1

Normal service has resumed....unfortunately:coffee1:  Alonso Barkley Jorghino Pedro .....Everton must be shitting themselves. I really would like to know why Emerson Cho Rlc and Christensen ain,t starting.....maybe they are just too good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Normal service has resumed....unfortunately:coffee1:  Alonso Barkley Jorghino Pedro .....Everton must be shitting themselves. I really would like to know why Emerson Cho Rlc and Christensen ain,t starting.....maybe they are just too good.

Maybe Sarri has a cunning plan.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

How thuccking boring was that,Even the Everton fans stop booing Barkley (not a threat) had to laugh when the quote came in from a previous manager that Barkley was "a cross between Paul Gascoigne and Michael Ballack" ....previous manager must have been Stevie Wonder.

Still not all bad...the first coat is now dry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

How thuccking boring was that,Even the Everton fans stop booing Barkley (not a threat) had to laugh when the quote came in from a previous manager that Barkley was "a cross between Paul Gascoigne and Michael Ballack" ....previous manager must have been Stevie Wonder.

Still not all bad...the first coat is now dry.

Keith it's all going Pete tong so what's the plan? Is jose coming back for a 3rd crack at the chavs army?

Update just in from me Chelsea app "regardless of the International break and possible injuries Willian will replace Pedro, Kovacic replaces Barkley Emerson comes in for Alonso Giroud starts instead of Higuain...bench for Christensen, Rlc , Cho and Ampudu (after yet another great performance for Wales)"

• Like 1