The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, stament said:

Yes they did a double over us, at least it wasn't in the same month ????

Sorry but by you saying it was in the same month are you inferring that they learnt Nothing from the 1st defeat??????????

Chlsea have had this referee twice.  A group match away to Sporting Lisbon in 2014 which Chelsea won, and a group match away to Porto in 2015 which Chelsea lost.  No memories, good or bad, about him.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Sorry but by you saying it was in the same month are you inferring that they learnt Nothing from the 1st defeat??????????

No Keith, I was responded to BB's comment about the double by pointing out that AR5E didn't do the double over us in a month, unlike some team City lost to. YAWIVME?

Edited by stament

22 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I.ll only do this once more.......lost in the same month learnt nothing from the 1st defeat...answers on a postcard.????

Enough of the riddles i can see my time is wasted here.

Back to tonight...game does not have that much importance to me, Tuesday is of much more importance,but i would n,t say no to winning it again. Will B.Rodgers feel the same i wonder and put out his best 11....we shall see.???? Cotc

39 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Enough of the riddles i can see my time is wasted here.

Back to tonight...game does not have that much importance to me, Tuesday is of much more importance,but i would n,t say no to winning it again. Will B.Rodgers feel the same i wonder and put out his best 11....we shall see.???? Cotc

CoYB!!!

KTBFFH!

Coverage starts @1945

1 hour ago, deej said:

Congratulation,s to Leicester F.C

on a great  win.

Top quality saves,and super strike that deserved to win any match.

Agree, better team that had more desire won.  We were far too lacklustre.  Don't mind Leicester winning if we can't, I mean it's not like it's SPURS!!!! Plus they did beat Spurs to the title that time which gave me immense satisfaction.

Just now, keithsimmonds said:

Not happy by that var decision..as next season that goal would probably stand.

20210516_101528.jpg

20210516_102250.jpg

Top picture.. split second before he kicks the ball...bottom var offside..the ball has already left his foot. Thats all done by my 2nd hand Samsung edge...var blaady amateurs. 

Thought it was a good game with a great goal and some world class saves from schmeichel. See you next Tuesday.????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stament said:

Agree, better team that had more desire won.  We were far too lacklustre.  Don't mind Leicester winning if we can't, I mean it's not like it's SPURS!!!! Plus they did beat Spurs to the title that time which gave me immense satisfaction.

Haha one of the 6000 from'82....a true small club mentality.

And another loser.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Haha one of the 6000 from'82....a true small club mentality.

And another loser.

It will be even funnier if they end up losing the UCL final, and AGAIN to Leicester, and end up playing Europa next season ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Another sad tw att who,s only form of entertainment comes from some body,s else team other than there own.????

The Troll

The  Kiss  of Death????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, R U MAN U U said:

It will be even funnier if they end up losing the UCL final, and AGAIN to Leicester, and end up playing Europa next season ????

You mean as funny as when Spurs lost out when we won the CL right?  Let's see, we have 2 chances to get into the CL next season, via the league and winning the CL final.  I'd take those options over Spurs chances of making it.  Looks like Thursday night football is a possibility for Spurs fans again - CONGRATS! 

20 hours ago, R U MAN U U said:

Congrats on finishing second - a monumental achievement.

Right, the big one tomorrow where a win is essential, especially now that even Liverpool's goalie is getting on the scoresheet! With that sort of 'form', they're already booked for a top four place. Let's hope they remember they're home form before they're 'mini break', and wet themselves on the last day.

Absolutely nothing wrong with our defence, and absolutely no reason to dig players out, including Tuchel, after the fantastic run we've had, prior to the last two games. So it's Mendy, Azpilicueta, Silva and Rudiger as before. Midfield, I'd have Kante, doppelganger Kante in an anchor role  and Kovacic, whose energy is only surpassed by Kante. Wide left Chilwell and wide right James. It just occurred to me that we don't possess a creative central midfielder in the squad, do we?. We've got 'scurriers' that are always on the move but no one who can pick a pass from deep. Ziyech might be that missing link but he seems below his best at present. Mount is a shoe in up front left. Here's the dodgy part. I'd have Havertz centrally with Pulisic front right. He's been a bit inconsistent but, on form, can glide past any defender as though they're glued to the spot. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldgit said:

Right, the big one tomorrow where a win is essential, especially now that even Liverpool's goalie is getting on the scoresheet! With that sort of 'form', they're already booked for a top four place. Let's hope they remember they're home form before they're 'mini break', and wet themselves on the last day.

Absolutely nothing wrong with our defence, and absolutely no reason to dig players out, including Tuchel, after the fantastic run we've had, prior to the last two games. So it's Mendy, Azpilicueta, Silva and Rudiger as before. Midfield, I'd have Kante, doppelganger Kante in an anchor role  and Kovacic, whose energy is only surpassed by Kante. Wide left Chilwell and wide right James. It just occurred to me that we don't possess a creative central midfielder in the squad, do we?. We've got 'scurriers' that are always on the move but no one who can pick a pass from deep. Ziyech might be that missing link but he seems below his best at present. Mount is a shoe in up front left. Here's the dodgy part. I'd have Havertz centrally with Pulisic front right. He's been a bit inconsistent but, on form, can glide past any defender as though they're glued to the spot. 

Agree with most of your selections.

I feel

Mendy, Dave, Silva, Rudiger; Chilwell, James, Kante, Kovacic (if ready) Mount, Havertz and Ziyech/Werner.

If Mount plays a less attacking role and Kovacic isn't fit we could play Pulisic. 

My two penneth! Disappointed the ???? lost last night. Hopefully we can win tonight and they can turn it around.

CoYBB!

• Like 1