Great news for Ozzies.

10 hours ago, glegolo said:

The nature of humans are well known to all of us.....

If we can lie and get away with it, we all certainly will

glegolo

So in other words, you don't know.

No doubt some would've lied, but you've really got no idea the 

amount of times at all.

6 hours ago, madmen said:

That's the problem. You SHOULD have asked. We are back at square one again.

Are you actually reading anything I've said?

You need to go back and ask the hard questions. I can repeat them over and over but you seem to not understand what a question is.

It's like your in a dreamland

It is not I in dreamland. You obviously don't know the meaning of verify or certify. You should have found out before commenting. I said the embassy officer will "certify" . Someone has egg on their face and it is not this cleverman. This I can "verify".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

So in other words, you don't know.

No doubt some would've lied, but you've really got no idea the 

amount of times at all.

Who cares the amount of times. It is many enough, to "piss off" the immigration, and THAT matters, no matter how deep you stick your head in the sand...

glegolo

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

How the US system regards the Affidavit is hardly relevant here, and I suspect how the citizen regards one he makes here in Thailand for Thai Immigration purposes is also regarded scantly. How many prosecutions of US citizens for such perjury have been pursued?

My point was that any Embassy that has it's citizens swear an Oath that the information is correct and true puts the onus of responsibility on their citizen.  If the person lies- they have committed perjury and that is subject to a criminal penalty.

I doubt anyone has access to prosecution data but i doubt  Thai Imm pursued this as they either assumed the Embassies were checking/certifying/verifying info or they simply did not care.

As far as the Op providing info- I l mow he was trying to provide some 'hope' that a letter would be available .  The Australian Embassy does issue Affidavits such as the Us Embassy and these Affidavits will be available in the future. Why would Thai Imm accept them when the Embassies have already indicated they cannot comply with Thai Imm's request?

I

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cleverman said:

In my op, I never said that the immigration officer said that. Read it again. 

you can play with your words all you like, I didnt say the Imm offr said anything but your post stated 

many of my Oz mates were worried because they have been making false statements on their sta decs

Now if making false claims on their Stat Dec isnt lying I dont know what is, or maybe lying means something different to you and your  mates than it does to the rest of us!!

28 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Who cares the amount of times. It is many enough, to "piss off" the immigration, and THAT matters, no matter how deep you stick your head in the sand...

glegolo

If an application was pissing off ,as u put it,an IO, he could and did,ask for back up.PHuket and a few other offices have a reputation for doing so.Why then screw the whole letters method.Can you show 1 report of extension being denied for a fraudulent letter.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, bkkguy1970 said:

what is his role at the embassy and what does he, and you, understand by "certify"?

again what does he, and you, understand by "certify" and what information,  from who at Thai Immigration,  does he have that these "certified" documents will be accepted?

bkkguy

I think the whole gist of this is if you can prove your Oz  income the Australian embassy will verify, something like a Pension statement from the famous CentreLink

4 minutes ago, chainarong said:

I think the whole gist of this is if you can prove your Oz  income the Australian embassy will verify, something like a Pension statement from the famous CentreLink

I think your spot on,it’s the added forms of income other than the actual gov.pension is where the difficulty for the Embassy arises.In other words back to square one if that applies to your income stream.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Expattaff1308 said:

you can play with your words all you like, I didnt say the Imm offr said anything but your post stated 

Now if making false claims on their Stat Dec isnt lying I dont know what is, or maybe lying means something different to you and your  mates than it does to the rest of us!!

Go back to page one and read again. Of course false claims is lying, what are you on about? And what have my mates got to do with my op? I would have got back to you sooner but I have just got back from the weekly chicken and champers breakfast do. 

It is not I in dreamland. You obviously don't know the meaning of verify or certify. You should have found out before commenting. I said the embassy officer will "certify" . Someone has egg on their face and it is not this cleverman. This I can "verify".
So let me get this right. They stopped stat decs because they couldn't verify income streams

However

They will now certify income streams without verifying them which puts the embassy in a position that's it is now 100 % responsible!

I think you had to much wine [emoji485]

9 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

what does that mean?

It means that they were worried about lying on stat decs. If what you are wanting to know is why they are worried, it's because they will not be able to lie to have their proof of income "certified" at the embassy. (This is explained in my op).

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

I think your spot on,it’s the added forms of income other than the actual gov.pension is where the difficulty for the Embassy arises.In other words back to square one if that applies to your income stream.

Assuming it is just a stamp for "Our citizen says this is true," people could do this with any doc - as is done for university degrees, etc.  Maybe that will satisfy immigration in the future - or maybe only in some cases (a list of acceptable income-sources, such as state-pensions perhaps). 

Of course, this "certification" could be done for forged / photoshopped docs, so the only thing that would make any actual difference to the fakers, would be if the embassy-personnel were contacting the funds-provider and verifying the figures independently.  If not, the OP's buddies, who were evidently lying on their stat-docs, will only have to employ one other tech to "adjust" the figures on a pension doc for them in the future.

12 minutes ago, cleverman said:

It means that they were worried about lying on stat decs. If what you are wanting to know is why they are worried, it's because they will not be able to lie to have their proof of income "certified" at the embassy. (This is explained in my op).

you state

"have been making"

what does that mean?

well to me it means they have been making

i.e.

lying

Assuming it is just a stamp for "Our citizen says this is true," people could do this with any doc - as is done for university degrees, etc.  Maybe that will satisfy immigration in the future - or maybe only in some cases (a list of acceptable income-sources, such as state-pensions perhaps). 

Of course, this "certification" could be done for forged / photoshopped docs, so the only thing that would make any actual difference to the fakers, would be if the embassy-personnel were contacting the funds-provider and verifying the figures independently.  If not, the OP's buddies, who were evidently lying on their stat-docs, will only have to employ one other tech to "adjust" the figures on a pension doc for them in the future.
That's essentially what the brits were doing. They were certifying but couldn't verify. That's why they pulled out

Now the OP tells us the embassy will do exactly what the brits cancelled

I have income from shares and a rental property. How will the certify by verifying this? Will they call my agent or will my agent write a letter which I could do myself and bingo I'm certified
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, madmen said:

So let me get this right. They stopped stat decs because they couldn't verify income streams

However

They will now certify income streams without verifying them which puts the embassy in a position that's it is now 100 % responsible!

I think you had to much wine emoji485.png

You got it wrong, yet again. They never said they stopped stat decs because they couldn't verify etc, nor I. Your just writing whatever comes into your head to be argumentive, but, get shot down every time. And you still don't know the meaning of verify or certify. 

You got it wrong, yet again. They never said they stopped stat decs because they couldn't verify etc, nor I. Your just writing whatever comes into your head to be argumentive, but, get shot down every time. And you still don't know the meaning of verify or certify. 
Read the announcement on the website!

It clearly says they stopped issuing stat decs and to quote " because immigration wants us to VERIFY your income and bank balance"

Handle says clever man.. You havnt a clue though
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, madmen said:

However

I think you had to much wine emoji485.png

Read my post above and for the sake of everyone get educated! Your credibility is shot!

-Read the announcement on the website!

It clearly says they stopped issuing stat decs and to quote " because immigration wants us to VERIFY your income and bank balance and we can not do this ""

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Straight from the horse's mouth:

https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Notarial_Services.html

'Thai Immigration wants us to verify your income or bank balance and we are unable to do this.'

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, madmen said:

Read the announcement on the website!

It clearly says they stopped issuing stat decs and to quote " because immigration wants us to VERIFY your income and bank balance"

Here we go again. Read my op. I never mentioned a website. I reported a conversation I had with an embassy official. Nothing more, nothing less. Was he correct, was he lying, did he just make things up as he went along,was he absolutely correct. I can't read minds, I just reported what was said. So you say I haven't a clue, your the one with apprehension problems. By the way, verify and certify ,there is a difference between the two. 

• Sad 1

Here we go again. Read my op. I never mentioned a website. I reported a conversation I had with an embassy official. Nothing more, nothing less. Was he correct, was he lying, did he just make things up as he went along,was he absolutely correct. I can't read minds, I just reported what was said. So you say I haven't a clue, your the one with apprehension problems. By the way, verify and certify ,there is a difference between the two. 
Nonsense you got the basics wrong and are now ducking and weaving.

"They never said they stopped stat decs because they couldn't verify"

Your words. Do some research before claiming to be an expert.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, madmen said:

Read my post above and for the sake of everyone get educated! Your credibility is shot!

-Read the announcement on the website!

It clearly says they stopped issuing stat decs and to quote " because immigration wants us to VERIFY your income and bank balance and we can not do this ""

Ok, once again just for you. Website made comments, embassy official made differing comments. I reported what the embassy official told me. Was the website correct,was the embassy official correct. I don't know and have never professed to know. When I was a kid, I had an air rifle, I used to love putting bottles on a wall and shooting them down. Sorry,off topic.  Give me just one example  that shows I don't have a clue. 

Go back to page one and read again. Of course false claims is lying, what are you on about? And what have my mates got to do with my op? I would have got back to you sooner but I have just got back from the weekly chicken and champers breakfast do. 
More like a Leo and toasted sandwich at 7/11 [emoji23]
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Nonsense you got the basics wrong and are now ducking and weaving.

"They never said they stopped stat decs because they couldn't verify"

Your words. Do some research before claiming to be an expert.

Congratulations, you finally got something right, "they never said they stopped stat decs because they couldn't verify". Yes most definitely my words. So, what do I need to research? 

Congratulations, you finally got something right, "they never said they stopped stat decs because they couldn't verify". Yes most definitely my words. So, what do I need to research? 
In court you would be regarded as a hostile witness

Ducking
Weaving
Twisting
And losing credibility until you proclaimed unreliable

Leave you to it. Be you keep digging that hole it's like a slow motion train wreck