Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, wabothai said:

Considering the complete and unexpected mass the UK is in at this time it might be very wise and realistic to have another referendum at this time. 

Most of the voters and politicians were not aware of the complications  and consequences of a brexit when they voted against (with little difference in the outcome). A new vote will definitely be against brexit.

Do you normally cave in (or melt like a snowflake) when things are a little tougher than you imagined.

Did you vote leave first time round ?

Just because the EU (and May herself) have made it difficult to leave does NOT make it wrong.

Some people develop greater resolve to leave - citing the treatment by the EU as yet another reason not to be part of the EU.

If anyone treated me like something they had trodden in I certainly would not wish to be associated with them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bomber said:

70000 my backside,more like 700 anyway they will be more than than replaced by companies relocating there,we have a new EU tariff coming for Brits from 2020 it wont effect many though as holidays will be a Luxury by then.

Brexit_ No visa but Britons will pay €7 to travel to EU countries - BBC News.html

The Brussels Times disagrees with you, how could they argue with someone who knows everything.

I can assure you the Belgium minister said 70,000 jobs today on Sky News, 700 jobs wouldn't cover the truck stop van jobs lost, if you do not wish to believe me that is your choice, anyway here is the link to the B Times.

A hard Brexit could cause the loss of 42,390 jobs in Belgium, 526,000 in the United Kingdom and 1.2 million in the entire European Union (EU), according to forecasts published on Thursday by economists of the Catholic University of Leuven.

http://www.brusselstimes.com/eu-affairs/9193/a-hard-brexit-could-cost-belgium-over-42-000-jobs

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Honestly, I couldn’t care less. Look at the Brexit march organised by everyone’s favourite bigot Tommy Islam. A few thousand loons, a mix of old duffers and the sort of people who’d turn up for anything if they thought they’d have a chance of a fight. Totally outnumbered by the opposing march. Bring it on. Maybe that’s what it needs, a confrontation with these hateful lunatics. 

I watched a bit of both. Brexit march peaceful. Moaner march trouble. Robinson did not organise the UKIP march. Looked like a lot less people on the moaner March but if you want to believe Owen Jones..up to you.

2 hours ago, rixalex said:

"Double check and reconfirm"

LOL

Do you actually believe this nonsense you are coming out with? 

If you’re actually interested in what the people want, then yes, that’s the sensible thing to do. Of course, if you’re only interested in what you yourself want, and you’re so obsessed about “winning”, then I understand that you are not open for good arguments. 

If you’re actually interested in what the people want, then yes, that’s the sensible thing to do. Of course, if you’re only interested in what you yourself want, and you’re so obsessed about “winning”, then I understand that you are not open for good arguments. 
The people have said what they want already, it's just that you didn't like what they said, so you want another chance at getting the vote to go your way.

And what if you do succeed getting another vote and it does go your way? You think the other side are just going to concede defeat graciously? Of course not. Why would they? You haven't.

They'll simply do what the losers have done. Moan and moan and moan. Demand best of three. Say that referendum number two was only advisory. Say that people have changed their minds. All the inane arguments that remain has been using will simply be thrown back in their faces. It'll be a never ending cycle.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The people have said what they want already, it's just that you didn't like what they said, so you want another chance at getting the vote to go your way.

And what if you do succeed getting another vote and it does go your way? You think the other side are just going to concede defeat graciously? Of course not. Why would they? You haven't.

They'll simply do what the losers have done. Moan and moan and moan. Demand best of three. Say that referendum number two was only advisory. Say that people have changed their minds. All the inane arguments that remain has been using will simply be thrown back in their faces. It'll be a never ending cycle.

3 minutes ago, rixalex said:

He's not even British and he's so obsessed with us having another vote, rhetorically, I wonder why, jeez.

8 hours ago, tebee said:

Until Britain accepts that there will be a cost to brexit, either economically through a no deal brexit or politically through restrictions as a result of having to accept a certain amount of EU regulation, this ridiculous back and forth will go on.

The end game? Probably a referendum as the only way to give politicians cover for the inevitable cost, or cover for a reversal of the 2016 referendum.

you may be right on this

it is becoming clearer and clearer that UK politicians are not up to it,

they do not take responsibility and guide the country through the turmoil

more comfortable hiding behind refs and washing their hands of any consequences

1 hour ago, vogie said:

He's not even British and he's so obsessed with us having another vote, rhetorically, I wonder why, jeez.

This has puzzled me throughout these threads on Brexit. Why are there so many Europeans supporting the remoan side. They all seem to think that we should kick Democracy into touch, and of course continue to send our charitable contributions to the tin pots in Brussels.

12 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

you may be right on this

it is becoming clearer and clearer that UK politicians are not up to it,

they do not take responsibility and guide the country through the turmoil

more comfortable hiding behind refs and washing their hands of any consequences

No. They want to pass the buck back to the people because they can't agree on the colour of faeces among themselves. 

What do we need them for, as the country seems to continue despite them, not because of them. And now they are off for their jolly Christmas recess, leaving the rest of us to it.

I don't have the answer, but both Brexiteers and Remainers should join hands at the disgusting way we are both being treated, leaving us in limbo. Again.

Christmas should be cancelled for these bastard$ until they justify their existence and COME UP WITH SOMETHING!

38 minutes ago, baboon said:

No. They want to pass the buck back to the people because they can't agree on the colour of faeces among themselves. 

What do we need them for, as the country seems to continue despite them, not because of them. And now they are off for their jolly Christmas recess, leaving the rest of us to it.

I don't have the answer, but both Brexiteers and Remainers should join hands at the disgusting way we are both being treated, leaving us in limbo. Again.

Christmas should be cancelled for these bastard$ until they justify their existence and COME UP WITH SOMETHING!

I agree what you say baboon, can the remainers and the leavers have a game of football on Christmas Day, then back to the squabbling the next day.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I agree what you say baboon, can the remainers and the leavers have a game of football on Christmas Day, then back to the squabbling the next day.

Using MP's heads as the football. From both parties... 

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You and many Europeans seem to be under the idea that the British have only recently quired our membership of the E.u. Well your wrong, this resentment has simmered away over the last 40 yrs, ever since we realized that the political class had lied and conned us in the early 70’s.

Please take time to watch this video, from nine years before we were allowed to have a Democratic vote on our membership.

It would also be of interest to your fellow European Oilinkl, as there is a section on the Similarity between the USSR and the E.u.

2 hours ago, rixalex said:

A never ending cycle called democracy. I just wonder what leavers are so scared of?

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

I watched a bit of both. Brexit march peaceful. Moaner march trouble. Robinson did not organise the UKIP march. Looked like a lot less people on the moaner March but if you want to believe Owen Jones..up to you.

You are in denial about the numbers ... there is no appetite for Tommy Islam, except amongst a small minority of bigots. They were vastly outnumbered.

52 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You are in denial about the numbers ... there is no appetite for Tommy Islam, except amongst a small minority of bigots. They were vastly outnumbered.

Yes  the bigots seemed to be vastly outnumbered. 

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

You and many Europeans seem to be under the idea that the British have only recently quired our membership of the E.u. Well your wrong, this resentment has simmered away over the last 40 yrs, ever since we realized that the political class had lied and conned us in the early 70’s.

Please take time to watch this video, from nine years before we were allowed to have a Democratic vote on our membership.

It would also be of interest to your fellow European Oilinkl, as there is a section on the Similarity between the USSR and the E.u.

Alex Rich, I can only assume that you failed to watch this video.

Could it be that you are afraid of the truth.

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

I've just finished watching Question Time, where David Davis was reminded of the claims that he made when he took the job of Brexit secretary, all his lies unfurled in front of him. Don't talk to me about truth where the leave campaign is concerned, it was founded on lies. 

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

so someone years ago had an idea to create a EU which in hindsight would of saved about 100-200 million lives,now whats wrong with that,? plus the UK only finished paying off its debt to uncle sam about 10 years ago,will going alone be as costly again? 

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

A never ending cycle called democracy. I just wonder what leavers are so scared of?

No, a never ending cycle of referendums, with each respective decision never being implemented, as the losers obstruct moving forward with what was decided and call for a new vote, just as we have seen.

I know what remainers are so scared of and why they can't allow democracy to proceed. Why they can't allow the Brexit vote to be respected first before they call for a new vote. They fear their predictions of disaster once we leave will be found to be untrue. Even worse, what happens if things actually start going well. What hope for a Euro lover then in that situation?

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

Great video, it should be made compulsory for all Brits to watch this once, leavers and europhiles twice and tebee and grouse on a continuous loop.????

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I've just finished watching Question Time, where David Davis was reminded of the claims that he made when he took the job of Brexit secretary, all his lies unfurled in front of him. Don't talk to me about truth where the leave campaign is concerned, it was founded on lies. 

I just watched it too - didn't see anything about claims and lies unfurling - maybe it was a different show.

7 hours ago, rixalex said:

No, a never ending cycle of referendums, with each respective decision never being implemented, as the losers obstruct moving forward with what was decided and call for a new vote, just as we have seen.

I know what remainers are so scared of and why they can't allow democracy to proceed. Why they can't allow the Brexit vote to be respected first before they call for a new vote. They fear their predictions of disaster once we leave will be found to be untrue. Even worse, what happens if things actually start going well. What hope for a Euro lover then in that situation?

May's plan is leaving the EU. Isn't that what people voted for? Control of immigration and no more paying into the EU? But it appears that some just want to crash out on WTO terms no matter what damage it does to people's jobs and businesses ... and have the affront to claim that is what 17.4m people voted for? 

So if 17.4m are happy with that outcome ... something that no leave organiser campaigned for, they should not be afraid to put that offer in front of the voting public and simply ask them is that what you voted for? The fear is palpable. No one voted for that outcome, and no one has a right to force that on 66 million people without a vote.

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

I just watched it too - didn't see anything about claims and lies unfurling - maybe it was a different show.

Maybe you had your hands over your ears and where saying LA LA LA LA when that part was shown?

Here's a nice article on David Davis:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2018/07/all-times-david-davis-said-brexit-was-simple

“Within minutes of a vote for Brexit the CEO’s of Mercedes, BMW, VW and Audi will be knocking down Chancellor Merkel’s door demanding that there be no barriers to German access to the British market.”

How did that work out?

Archived