Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

2 hours ago, aright said:

Nonsense. Brexit (Leaving the EU) is a refection of what you are moving toward as well as what you are moving away from. The question is obviously too big for you.

what we are moving towards you ask,Labour and mess,which is clearly worse than what we had.

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

And for that you can thank T.May and all the other remainers.

No we can thank leave for making undeliverable promises - people were bound to be disappointed.

Upset people will look to others - even when that other is Labour - to deliver something better . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tebee said:

No we can thank leave for making undeliverable promises - people were bound to be disappointed.

Upset people will look to others - even when that other is Labour - to deliver something better . 

How would you know or care. You yourself admit that as a resident of France your allegence is to the E.u, as it serve your selfish needs.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, aright said:

You should spend less time winging it and more time reading.

Rising recession risk leaves Europe acutely vulnerable to no-deal Brexit shock

Germany and Italy are flirting with recession while eurozone business growth has slumped to a four-year low, leaving the region nakedly exposed to the possible shock of a no-deal Brexit.

The closely watched IHS Markit index of German manufacturing fell to 50.2 in November, close to the ‘boom-bust line’ that divides growth from contraction. It is the weakest level since the tail-end of eurozone banking crisis in 2013. Foreign export orders fell to a six-year low.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/11/23/rising-recession-risk-leaves-europe-acutely-vulnerable-no-deal/?WT.mc_id=e_DM882214&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_FPM_New_AEM_Recipient&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_FPM_New_AEM_Recipient_2018_11_23&utm_campaign=DM882214

well at the moment the GDP figures for the top 7 EU nations only Italy is keeping the UK of the bottom spot,the UK was top before brexit,this is a stone wall FACT,to think the UK is going to boom with or without brexit while Germany goes into recession you need help.you also seem to forget that many top finance companies will be relocating to frankfurt/amsterdam etc and the big auto companies have an abundance of choices where to go to. The UK will never be as wealthy as the Germans,the UK is a nation of wasters and scroungers more interested in a drink a bet and and joint,hence the expensive NHS,benefits culture.There is a worldwide recession coming it seems,not a time to be playing games and thinking your the daddy when in reality you are billy no mates,The EU will NOT be worried. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rixalex said:

What is this business of calling it a "people's vote"? Was it hamsters that voted in 2016?

What's the sudden aversion to the term referendum? Do you think that if you call it something different, people won't notice that we had one of these "once in a lifetime" things already, just two years ago?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The vote should probably be called as "Better informed people's vote"?

Only 10% of the British people actually want Brexit. That's rather low number. 

May Should Admit That Brexit Has Failed

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2018-12-11/theresa-may-should-admit-brexit-failure-accept-second-referendum?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1lDNG2nh_Ry5momXdvq7rUwYiRah817yef7Ir0xc7WR1Lgz4Eon7cm8LY

It had been clear for weeks that May’s deal — hard fought over months of negotiation — was facing a landslide rejection in the House of Commons. And rightly so: It would stunt Britain’s economy, burden its companies, and infringe its sovereignty, offering essentially no benefits and solving no problems. Everyone hated it.

As the costs and risks of Brexit have become clearer, support for the project has fallen. In a recent YouGov poll, only 38 percent of voters said they still think leaving was a good idea, an all-time low.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

I thank you as a foreigner, living elsewhere than in the U.K. on your estimate on the % of British people who wish to leave the hated E.u

86158C81-19E1-411E-939B-C1962EE05E1B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I thank you as a foreigner, living elsewhere than in the U.K. on your estimate on the % of British people who wish to leave the hated E.u

You are welcome as well as the 10% of the British people like you.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Labour couldn't create any worse mess than the current shower. And at least they are more likely to agree to a People's vote.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes the present government, lead by a remainer has made a complete <deleted> of her attempt to keep us in the E.u.

Regarding the Labour Party. You have to realise that there is a big difference between the members of the Labour part and those who vote Labour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

Yes the present government, lead by a remainer has made a complete <deleted> of her attempt to keep us in the E.u.

Regarding the Labour Party. You have to realise that there is a big difference between the members of the Labour part and those who vote Labour.

Where was the list of overcome referendums by EU, which the Brexiteers loved to share previously?

Do you have a link to that. I guess that list need to be edited rather soon.

Adding UK Brexit 2016-2019 to the list. 

44 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I can't see any reason for EU to spend more time with UK, which clearly still doesn't know what it wants. Can you? Or are you still in denial of the real value of Britain which simply fights with everybody both inside and outside?

19 minutes ago, elliss said:

i feel a Big U turn coming on ,  article  50 will  be binned , or a second referendum allowed.

Feel free to choose,  democratically speaking.

That's probably the only reasonable outcome of this mess. Naturally the parliament could grow some cohones and cancel the Brexit with their power. But, I guess they need to ask the people once again.

The other option is that there is "accidental" no-deal brexit. That's the default option, if nothing is been done. It's quite unlikely that EU would, after all this, allow UK to have an extension to no-deal brexit date, unless there is a new referendum in the near future. 

i feel a Big U turn coming on ,  article  50 will  be binned , or a second referendum allowed.

I think you're right. Something has to give and dropping out without a deal is not an option.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wouldn't dismiss a no deal crash out, apparently there is a 40% chance, might be worth a 500 baht bet. You know it makes sense.????

How I'm not surprised that's your take on UK's wellbeing. 

Btw. was gambling allowed in Soviet Union? Or was going to a supermarket and finding food on shelves considered as gambling?

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

10 minutes more than BJ,farage,RSM would get,mays half brexit plan never made it through parliament so a no deal would have even less chance,facts are the majority of MPs on all sides were against brexit before the vote and even more now,nothing is going to go through parliament as Labour want an election and no brexit in no particular order,May is actually brexits last chance even if its only a half measure.

1 hour ago, elliss said:

its looking a possibility,parliament wont pass mays deal and leaving with a no deal is wanted by even less MPs,so then what? 

• Like 1

Still confused why the need to mention "people" in the wording. Seems somewhat stating of the obvious, unless remainers have plans to call also for a forest animal's vote, or some such thing.

As for the rest, maybe a more accurate way of describing this proposed referendum that for some unknown reason, remainers can't bring themselves to call, as it is, a REFERENDUM, would be: "the losers' second-chance-vote, to be celebrated as the will of the people if it goes the way of the losers, or to be dismissed as "purely advisory" if it doesn't".

Sorry, I forgot to mention "people". "The loser people's second-chance-vote, to be celebrated as the will of the people if it goes the way of the losers, or to be dismissed as "purely advisory" if it doesn't".

What do you reckon?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 2