Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Yes indeed you are getting very boring and tedious with your "heavy manipulated" matra, you say you have repeated it several times, I counted 7 just the other day, in reality we must be much much higher than that, but if you can't find another avenue to debate, stick with what you're good at I suppose.

If you’re asking the same question over and over again, you will get the same answer again. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I can only repeat, we have had a referendum, sorry it didn't meet your criteria.

And I can only repeat, another referendum is needed, and you fail to provide any arguments against that. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Likely smikely, a world recession is coming, many have been telling us how much better it will be, people generally listen to 'experts' who tell them what they want to hear.

Does it bother that the EU turning into something that a lot of us don't want, are you happy with the EU?

experts are often wrong but they are right more often than the geezer down the pub,The EU and its decisions barely effects 90% of the population possibly even more than that,UK govts and their policy's have done more damage to the UK in the last 40 years than anything the EU ever did,but for the thick Brit it was often easier the blame the EU,experts predicting doom with a no deal have more than enough evidence to believe this,this is blatantly obvious,its just a case of how bad it will be and how long it takes to kick in,its not even debatable that the £ will crash,then the companies moving out and we will see more damage but as usual the brexit fans will be saying after 3 weeks that everything is fine,18 month to 2 years is when the cracks will start to appear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

We were certainly lied to in 1975, when we were assured by our political leaders that we would be joining a trading Union,and only a trading Union.

Likewise in the run up to the people’s vote in 2016, remainers categorically stated there was no plans to create an E.u. Military force. 

And once the turmoil of Brexit has quieted down, expect many more controversial policies to be implemented by the non voted Bureaucrats in Brussels.

so these political leaders you want to hand more power to tell lies,bizzare that is

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

experts are often wrong but they are right more often than the geezer down the pub,The EU and its decisions barely effects 90% of the population possibly even more than that,UK govts and their policy's have done more damage to the UK in the last 40 years than anything the EU ever did,but for the thick Brit it was often easier the blame the EU,experts predicting doom with a no deal have more than enough evidence to believe this,this is blatantly obvious,its just a case of how bad it will be and how long it takes to kick in,its not even debatable that the £ will crash,then the companies moving out and we will see more damage but as usual the brexit fans will be saying after 3 weeks that everything is fine,18 month to 2 years is when the cracks will start to appear.

Using words like "thick Brit" doesn't help you get your message across, again you are one of them that knows more than anybody else. The post is total conjecture and not worth bothering with. Have a pleasant evening.

• Like 2

And I can only repeat, another referendum is needed, and you fail to provide any arguments against that. 
Perhaps in another 10 years or so..if the UK taxpayers make enough noise..the possibly the Govt. of the day at that time will give the taxpayers one.
However for now..lets get on with the result of the current referendum shall we[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Perhaps in another 10 years or so..if the UK taxpayers make enough noise..the possibly the Govt. of the day at that time will give the taxpayers one.
However for now..lets get on with the result of the current referendum shall we[emoji6]

Imo..the " thick brit " is you.
Being taken in by likes of war criminal blair..clegg..soros etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Imo..the " thick brit " is you.
Being taken in by likes of war criminal blair..clegg..soros etc.

Blair and Labour are clowns,but JC will eclipse Blair as a bigger clown thanks to brexit,brexit is just the start JC is a bigger danger,but even he will have try to get us back in he will have no option as the economy will be well fkecud.

3 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Ah, experts, I do love the reasoning of unbiased experts.

carney is a clown and his comments are often wrong but our supposed better politicians employ him,the sensible german and french wouldnt touch him,but thats the people brexit fans want to give more power to....seems very odd...what next canadian MPs???? 

6 minutes ago, rixalex said:

You can only promise a referendum is "once in a lifetime and to be enacted whatever the result" once. If you promise that but then don't do as you promise, who is going to take another referendum seriously?

Oh, you would enact it and do as you promised. You just double-check and re-confirm. That’s a quite common thing for issues of this impact. So, after the result has been re-confirmed, it would be implemented. 

The only people who might would be those who win. Those who lose certainly won't.

Win? Lose? Are you sure we are talking about the same topic? 

Another referendum solves nothing at all. Just wastes more time and money.

I wrote above what it solves. Money and time well spent. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your arguments boil down to, democracy has been suspended by the referendum.

It has not.

Parliament have had their chance to settle this, and failed. Too many extremists trying to impose their version of Brexit on 66 million people, the majority of whom no longer want that. Labour blatantly playing with people’s lives for political advantage, despite Corbyn’s main supporters urging him to support a second referendum.

in the end it will be a second referendum or the softest of Brexits ... and if it ends up with a second vote Brexit is dead. Talk of civil unrest is the leaver version of project fear ... but merely reflects their fear of a second vote.

Edited by AlexRich
  • Haha 2

Parliament have had their chance to settle this, and failed. Too many extremists trying to impose their version of Brexit on 66 million people, the majority of whom no longer want that. Labour blatantly playing with people’s lives for political advantage, despite Corbyn’s main supporters urging him to support a second referendum.

in the end it will be a second referendum or the softest of Brexits ... and if it ends up with a second vote Brexit is dead. Talk of civil unrest is the leaver version of project fear ... but merely reflects their fear of a second vote.
Just wonder what would happen if couple of hundred thousand angry " leavers " took to the streets..food for thought!!!

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Ah, experts, I do love the reasoning of unbiased experts.

If you ever need a root canal or heart surgery I’m sure there’s a guy who lives in the neighbourhood who can do it for you at a 10th of the price? Seriously, what’s the point in experts?

We were certainly lied to in 1975, when we were assured by our political leaders that we would be joining a trading Union,and only a trading Union.
Likewise in the run up to the people’s vote in 2016, remainers categorically stated there was no plans to create an E.u. Military force. 
 And once the turmoil of Brexit has quieted down, expect many more controversial policies to be implemented by the non voted Bureaucrats in Brussels.

The EU bureaucrats don't implement anything unless it's agreed by the democratically elected European parliament.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 2

What they want is completely immaterial. They can jump up and down and scream if they want to, but no one is listening. Britain has voted to leave. If they aren't out the door on Mar. 29, 2019, they should be kicked out. And no second referendum. Force them to live with the consequences of their actions.
If "they" refers to the Brexiteers..well thank you kind sir..but be advised that re the alleged 39 big ones..sorry to say but the eu will just have to whistle in the wind for it, or they can go forth and multiply[emoji6]

• Haha 2

T.May not welcome in EU talks anymore , big fall out ,  handbags and all .    

Suitcase packed.  Pickfords on standby.

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, elliss said:

T.May not welcome in EU talks anymore , big fall    Handbags at the ready , and loaded. 

I wouldn't jump the gun too quickly elliss, I don't think we've heard of the last of the EU. The Belgium representive said of a no deal brexit that 70,000 jobs will be lost in their country. If you add all the jobs in other countries that will be lost in in Europe, it will be colossal. Will the EU be unsympathetic to these job losses, lets say they would be foolish to do so, sorta cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wouldn't jump the gun too quickly elliss, I don't think we've heard of the last of the EU. The Belgium representive said of a no deal brexit that 70,000 jobs will be lost in their country. If you add all the jobs in other countries that will be lost in in Europe, it will be colossal. Will the EU be unsympathetic to these job losses, lets say they would be foolish to do so, sorta cutting your nose off to spite your face.

70000 my backside,more like 700 anyway they will be more than than replaced by companies relocating there,we have a new EU tariff coming for Brits from 2020 it wont effect many though as holidays will be a Luxury by then.

Brexit_ No visa but Britons will pay €7 to travel to EU countries - BBC News.html

4 hours ago, vogie said:

That's democracy. Do you think we should ignore the votes of the leavers and just do what you want, that's how it appears to me.

Considering the complete and unexpected mass the UK is in at this time it might be very wise and realistic to have another referendum at this time. 

Most of the voters and politicians were not aware of the complications  and consequences of a brexit when they voted against (with little difference in the outcome). A new vote will definitely be against brexit.

• Like 1