Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

Maybe you had your hands over your ears and where saying LA LA LA LA when that part was shown?

Here's a nice article on David Davis:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2018/07/all-times-david-davis-said-brexit-was-simple

“Within minutes of a vote for Brexit the CEO’s of Mercedes, BMW, VW and Audi will be knocking down Chancellor Merkel’s door demanding that there be no barriers to German access to the British market.”

How did that work out?

You just tell them to ready themselves for their P45's.
Many other makes of cars to purchase in the UK

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you had your hands over your ears and where saying LA LA LA LA when that part was shown?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2018/07/all-times-david-davis-said-brexit-was-simple

“Within minutes of a vote for Brexit the CEO’s of Mercedes, BMW, VW and Audi will be knocking down Chancellor Merkel’s door demanding that there be no barriers to German access to the British market.”

How did that work out?

9 hours ago, vogie said:

Great video, it should be made compulsory for all Brits to watch this once, leavers and europhiles twice and tebee and grouse on a continuous loop.????

Good idea,unfortunately many europhiles,as we have seen on these threads,are incapable of looking out of the box,and querying, not just what the E.u Bureaucrats have created, but even more importantly, where they are leading the people of Europe.

897FE8E1-C3B2-4C4C-ABA0-3AFA91174E0F.jpeg

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I've just finished watching Question Time, where David Davis was reminded of the claims that he made when he took the job of Brexit secretary, all his lies unfurled in front of him. Don't talk to me about truth where the leave campaign is concerned, it was founded on lies. 

Nice deflection from my question. Is the truth so painful for you?

I can assure you that when you finally realise that you have been duped by this E.u nonsense, I for one will not laugh at you,as I fully realise that there is an orchestrated campaign by our political masters, to hoodwink the people.

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

How did that work out?

Instead of ducking, why not give me the time range on QT when all these lies were "unfurled"?

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

The P45s will be getting handed out in the UK with a no deal WTO Brexit ... Ford, Toyota, Honda, Land Rover, Nissan ... these are the people that will be losing their jobs ... as well as aerospace and others ... and that's why it is a disaster for the UK. And bear in mind all of the companies that supply these factories, and local businesses that benefit will be damaged. 

49 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Nice deflection from my question. Is the truth so painful for you?

I can assure you that when you finally realise that you have been duped by this E.u nonsense, I for one will not laugh at you,as I fully realise that there is an orchestrated campaign by our political masters, to hoodwink the people.

Sure ... everything you are told is lies ... unless you agree with it, then it's the truth? When we have a people's vote on this you might not be laughing any more.

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Instead of ducking, why not give me the time range on QT when all these lies were "unfurled"?

You find it ... I've given up providing timelines and links to people on here ... just wasting my time for the fun of it ... and then ignoring it when I supply the detail. You not believing me doesn't concern me at all. 

We wouldn't expect anything else from you management geniuses. 
Remember all the doom and gloom stories before the referendum from such notable liars such as sociopath war criminal blair..a campbell..the cbi..carney aka bank of england's wizz kid..cameron..osborne..etc......think we are all still waiting for thr roof to cave in..over 2 years later!!!

4 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Remember all the doom and gloom stories before the referendum from such notable liars such as sociopath war criminal blair..a campbell..the cbi..carney aka bank of england's wizz kid..cameron..osborne..etc......think we are all still waiting for thr roof to cave in..over 2 years later!!!

The roof  has been suspended  on truthpicks. 

Sure ... everything you are told is lies ... unless you agree with it, then it's the truth? When we have a people's vote on this you might not be laughing any more.

Just the fact that the people calling for this referendum can't bring themselves to call it a referendum, says a great deal about their integrity.

You know if you really do insist on changing the name and feel that "losers' vote" doesn't quite have the right ring to it, how about "people's opinion poll that need not be respected"?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Things are going to get worse.

Market access into the EU WILL worsen, whatever post exit deal we eventually strike. And the quantum by which our trade flows with the EU will diminish – and that impacts immediately – will outweigh the economic impact of greater market opening which we have to aim to achieve over time in other markets, where the impact will not be immediate but incremental.

Every version of Brexit involves a worsening of the UK’s trade position and a loss of market access to its largest market. As we strive to limit the extent of that worsening, public debate will have to be serious about what the real trade-offs are. Because the EU will be quite brutal in teaching us them.

Meanwhile, before we have even left, we have seen, in the last 2 ½ years, the most anaemic boost to UK net trade triggered by ANY major sterling devaluation since World War 2. For politicians not completely blinded by their own rhetoric, the warning signs for the UK economy as we worsen our trade terms with the Continent are there to see. Again, public debate needs to be based on the realities, not on fantasy. Or the reality will soon catch up with us.

46 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

we were never leaving the day after the vote so the roof was never falling in,but the economy has been very weak since the vote and the pound even weaker,the economy will not get better with a no deal and even less chance in the current climate,this is why i think there could be another vote,the timing is so bad its madness and most MPs know this,2 days of snow and the UK economy falters hardly the foundations for something like brexit,size wise the UK economy might be big but its very fickle and every bump is felt.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:05 AM, cleopatra2 said:
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, 7by7 said:

Just as the Supreme Court in the UK is the highest court in the land for UK legal matters, the ECJ is the highest court in the EU for EU legal matters. 

Here in the UK, if the matter in dispute is a matter of EU law then once all UK legal paths have been exhausted, up to and including the Supreme Court, then leave may be given by the Supreme Court to take the case to the ECJ.

This is not correct

The UK supreme court Q & A provides a succinct explanation.

"
'Can the European Court of Human Rights or the Court of Justice of the European Union overrule the UKSC?

No. However, when making decisions, the UKSC must give effect to the rights contained in the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) as contained in the Human Rights Act 1998.

The UKSC must also give effect to directly applicable European Union law, and interpret domestic law consistently with European Union law, so far as is possible. '

https://www.supremecourt.uk/faqs.html#1g

It should be noted that the Scottish Court requested an expedient judgement from the CJEU , so as to ensure that any judgement would remain valid.

With respect, you should have read further: there is a link on that page to The Supreme Court and Europe

References to the Court of Justice of the European Union

…...

Where an application for permission to appeal raises such a question, the UKSC does not, when considering whether in the light of that question to grant permission or to make a reference to the CJEU, apply a test of whether the question is of general public importance

(7by7 emphasis)

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, melvinmelvin said:

<snip>

its not clear at all what a UK legal matter is

note, EU may go after UK individuals and UK companies and stretch them, regardless of what UK high court says,

this is the ultimate sign that UK courts are not sovereign

apart from purely criminal acts you would need to look hard and long to find

UK only legal matters

You appear to have fallen for another of Leave's big lies.

The ECJ, or CJEU whichever name you prefer, can only rule on matters of EU law and regulations as agreed by treaty and the elected representatives and governments of all member states (in the most important aspects, unanimity is required).

In all other matters, whether criminal or civil, the laws and courts of each individual member are sovereign.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, nauseus said:

Of course you didn't answer the question. 

And of course I didn't expect that you would! 

Actually, I did.

That you fail to understand, or more likely simply dislike, the answer is your problem.

14 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Actually, I did.

That you fail to understand, or more likely simply dislike, the answer is your problem.

The answer to all This ambiguity is very simple. Follow the Democratic  decision of the British people. And leave the hated E.u.

10 minutes ago, nontabury said:
29 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Actually, I did.

The answer to all This ambiguity is very simple. Follow the Democratic  decision of the British people. And leave the hated E.u.

I have no idea why you quoted me as you post above has nothing to do with Nauseus' question nor my answer to it. Both of which were about the ECJ, nothing to do with the referendum.

The ECJ ruling is that the UK can withdraw Article 50 should it choose by democratic means to so do.

That's it; the court has not instructed the UK to do, or not do, anything in this regard. It has simply said that the decision whether or not to withdraw Article 50 is that of the UK and the UK only and therefore the EU must accept that decision.

Why do you have a problem with that?

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

The ECJ, or CJEU whichever name you prefer, can only rule on matters of EU law and regulations as agreed by treaty and the elected representatives and governments of all member states (in the most important aspects, unanimity is required).

In all other matters, whether criminal or civil, the laws and courts of each individual member are sovereign.

You forgot .... but EU law has primacy over UK law.  

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

I  dont think you are well informed in these matters,

actually the Commission is empowered to go after UK individuals and companies and for example fine them-

and no, I have not fallen for any leave or remain small or big lies

of course, all courts and the Commission must limit themselves to where they have legal authority

On 12/11/2018 at 2:51 PM, damascase said:

‘Disagree’, you say. Of course you are allowed to ignore the fact that the ECJ’s preliminary ruling on the interpretation of Art. 50 did not follow the EU’s position, when this suits you........

I've said that the ECJ decision actually supports the EU position, which is to keep the UK inside the EU.

Archived