Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, evadgib said:

For Hard Brexiteer read Brexiteer; All we expect & voted for is to leave the EU, all of it and permanently. They will implode in due course & for as long as we remain unbillically connected they'll try to take us with them.

But all this is no longer true - brexit is dying - the reality of the available brexits is becoming apparent and they are  not what people want. 

Latest opinion poll  -

It found that 49 per cent thought Britain was wrong to vote to leave, the highest figure to date, while 38 per cent believed that Britain was right to choose to leave, a new low. This 11-point gap is the largest YouGov has had for the wrong decision having been made.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

IMO Norway sounds worse than staying in and has even been questioned by their PM ????

wrong

Norway's PM does NOT question Norway's EEA membership

however, the PM would prefer to see Norway as a EU member state

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

How do we stop Brexit but avoid Corbyn? If CONS agree to go Norway plus, would that work?

Norway + is too hard to organise - certainly in the remaining time

No brexit is much easier 

It all depends what May does after she is defeated  

IMO Norway sounds worse than staying in and has even been questioned by their PM ????

Everything is worse than staying in but at least we would not be the EU that hated by the poorly informed. Remaingin CU would give us negotiating rights

Norway's PM doesn't want us in EFTA. Not surprised.

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Everything is worse than staying in but at least we would not be the EU that hated by the poorly informed. Remaingin CU would give us negotiating rights

I'm a little disappointed if i'm reading between the typo's correctly there Grouse. How is one side any poorer informed than the other given no one has dared leave to date or had the rug pulled beneath them more often than Trump's comb? 

image.jpeg.11278d92229ec3b182a73029e4712e94.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

That may be right,

but I doubt VERY much that she has gone public with such a view.

Guess Switzerland wouldn't be keen on UK joining EFTA either.

26 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

That may be right,

Yes, who would be keen on a partnership with a country that is, in several ways, in a shambles internally.

25 minutes ago, evadgib said:

??

See Vogies post and try again, before the edit window expires!

you mean post 175?

read and understood, first time and second time

you are now talkin' about the Norway PM's views, that is fine

but a minimum effort on your behalf would be that you learn to read English properly

and learn to interpret the conveyed semantics correctly

she is not questioning Norway's EEA relationship to EU

she is questioning the wiseness of the UK going the same way

20 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

That may be right,

The UK and UK politic in particular are so toxic now I can see why anyone would not want us.

The EU would only just prefer us to stay, because leaving without a deal causes so much trouble for other members.

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

The UK and UK politic in particular are so toxic now I can see why anyone would not want us.

The EU would only just prefer us to stay, because leaving without a deal causes so much trouble for other members.

I have a feeling that even that has now changed. The European people, who have taken a note of UK politics and media has well noted how UK thinks EU as a disease which is invading UK. 

I think at this point EU is willing to take the pain of no-deal brexit in order to get a better future for itself. 

18 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

you mean post 175?

but a minimum effort on your behalf would be that you learn to read English properly

Wasn't that my exact point?

29 minutes ago, tebee said:

It's about time you started to think of other people other than yourself.

24 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I have a feeling that even that has now changed. The European people, who have taken a note of UK politics and media has well noted how UK thinks EU as a disease which is invading UK. 

I think at this point EU is willing to take the pain of no-deal brexit in order to get a better future for itself. 

34 minutes ago, tebee said:

Seeing the insanity going on in the U.K. over the last 2+ years, and all the lunatics behind it, I now hope they just leave or don’t have a say in anything while they’re in. In it’s current state, the UK is too much of a lose cannon and threat to the EU. I feel pity not only for all my friends there but all the people who did not vote for leave. But they need to get rid of the cancer and reform themselves first before they can be a trusted and stable partner again. 

I'm a little disappointed if i'm reading between the typo's correctly there Grouse. How is one side any poorer informed than the other given no one has dared leave to date or had the rug pulled beneath them more often than Trump's comb? 

image.jpeg.11278d92229ec3b182a73029e4712e94.jpeg

Brexiters in general seem to little about the EU as frequently demonstrated by crass incorrect statements. Vox pop TV and radio interviews seem to confirm that grass roots Brexiters know little about anything. It gives me no pleasure to make the point I assure you. 

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Seeing the insanity going on in the U.K. over the last 2+ years, and all the lunatics behind it, I now hope they just leave or don’t have a say in anything while they’re in. In it’s current state, the UK is too much of a lose cannon and threat to the EU. I feel pity not only for all my friends there but all the people who did not vote for leave. But they need to get rid of the cancer and reform themselves first before they can be a trusted and stable partner again. 

The strange thing is that most of the people outside the UK can see just what toxic insanity Brexit is.

But half those inside are all convinced  they are on some crusade to rid the world of the evil EU empire .

You just need to look at the tone of some of the post on here.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Brexiters in general seem to little about the EU as frequently demonstrated by crass incorrect statements. Vox pop TV and radio interviews seem to confirm that grass roots Brexiters know little about anything. It gives me no pleasure to make the point I assure you. 

But Breiters don't like experts , or indeed, anyone that might contradict them.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

That may be right,

Both the government's own forecasts and the Bank of England show all options are worse than remaining. Pleasing ill informed Brexiters is all that counts.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

you mean post 175?

How typically diplomatic 

50 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Wasn't that my exact point?

well,

to me it looks like you said she questions the wiseness of Norway's EEA relation to the EU

she isn't

right now she just wouldn't dare to do anything like that

she has survived 2 motions of non conf this week, one easily - the other one barely

parliament is totally pissed off by her - totally, she wouldn't dare to question anything established re EU

(it is just by chance she is still PM, had that motion been moved 3 weeks ago she would have been history)

can't be bothered to look back

at any rate as we say in York,

she is a strong believer in EU membership

she finds it weird that UK wants to step out of EU and become a vassal state

Archived