Ten Indian men, 24 Thai women arrested over fake-marriage scam

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, TMNH said:

No matter what country of origin, you adhere to the country's laws. If not, then you will be subject to scrutiny.

Trouble is ....no one can make any sense as to how flexible Thai laws are.

Ten Indian men, 24 Thai women arrested over fake-marriage scam.

Salutations to the Royal Thai Police for getting this one right - well done!

With all of the hurdles and hoops that we LEGIT falangs have to jump over and through for the purpose of satisfying the Thai authorities that we are bone fide, it pi$$es me off that a few ... (maybe a lot more than just a few!?) can circumvent the Thai Immigration rules and live\work here without the fuss of complying with Thai Immigration rules & regs' - like what we have to do! I do enjoy a curry now and again and have often wondered if the waiter could produce a bank passbook showing a balance of ฿800.000 in it? Me thinks the odds are zero - or even a valid Passport, come to that. Just sayin' - that's all.

16 hours ago, MARK74 said:

surely if you're going to break the law like that you'd be just as well on overstay than going through the 'hoops' of obtaining an illegal permission to stay.

But i suppose they never thought it would catch up with them. They never do til it does 

People from all walks of life will always attempt to cicurmvent the law. A matter of "when" you will get caught.

You want to move to Thailand? Then make sure you're in agreement with the criteria to be considered "legal". As opposed to those "special" businesses where they seem immune from prosecution or scrutiny, then the certain Thais who seem to be in bed with the authorities, no haggling anymore.....you're screwed!

7 hours ago, tandor said:

..ten little..nine little..eight little..seven little Indian boys.

India has their own <deleted> up repression due to religious BS. And then when they visit outside of their country, it seems to be a free-for-all.......like a child in a candy store. Still, people can exert restraint.....at least that's how I was brought up.

fake marriages and false documents were used to extend the men’s stay in Thailand

In Europe there will soon be no more immigrants and no foreigners living illegally thanks to the charter that will be signed in Marrakech on September 10th.
https://refugeesmigrants.un.org/migration-compact

not sign by every country and not by Thailand

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

If one was to take notice of all the "Thai knockers" on here, one would be forgiven for thinking "Who in their right mind would ever want to go there"...yet, we see time after time just how far people are actually willing to go, breaking immigration laws....in order to do just that?

Does this same sentiment apply to all of those horribly "racist" Western countries so many are trying to illegally enter? 

8 hours ago, Kenbruce said:

Most indians are visiting Thailand just to find good toilets!

555 true day

Hang out in the mall toilets just to enjoy the luxury. Go home and tell stories of the most amazing dump of their lives.

Water AND paper acha!

32 minutes ago, milys said:

They caught 10 indians and 24 thais. 26 are still wanted. Is that so hard to understand..?

Not at all, I did read the post. These are the numbers apprehended. The rest they may or may not be caught!

And TAT estimates millions more Indians going to Thailand . Along with the Chinese scammers there’s a lot of competition ! Of course not a lot of news about arresting Thai scamming of foreigners.... probably because they don’t get arrested!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 12/5/2018 at 7:18 AM, dotpoom said:

If one was to take notice of all the "Thai knockers" on here, one would be forgiven for thinking "Who in their right mind would ever want to go there"...yet, we see time after time just how far people are actually willing to go, breaking immigration laws....in order to do just that?

But i like Thai Knockers and B J,s ????

Archived