Shun plastic, public urged

webfact

21 hours ago, balo said:

Biodegradable plastic  :

Biodegradable plastic is plastic that decomposes naturally in the environment. This is achieved when microorganisms in the environment metabolize and break down the structure of biodegradable plastic. The end result is one which is less harmful to the environment than traditional plastics.

I think the Bags at 7/11 and many other stores use biodegradable plastic bags if you keep them a while they will disintegrate leaving a big mess.
The real problem is fast food bags and fast drinks put them in paper instead.
Pet bottles can be recycled and in Thailand you can even sell they same with glass and aluminium.

Thailand has got a long way to change. Can you imagine arriving at BigC with your own shopping bags,

inside you'll put bananas, apples, potatoes, fish, seafood, pork, chicken, butter, etc..

In some places they even put drinks in plastic bags!

Or consumers will have to bring their own PLASTIC BAGS!

2 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

Thailand has got a long way to change. Can you imagine arriving at BigC with your own shopping bags,

inside you'll put bananas, apples, potatoes, fish, seafood, pork, chicken, butter, etc..

In some places they even put drinks in plastic bags!

Or consumers will have to bring their own PLASTIC BAGS!

I can imagine that happening to me at BigC.

In fact it does happen as I do it every time and I have 2 BigC tote bags and some cloth bags from Makro as well in the car all the time.

I don't but seafood as I don't eat it and the only time I use their plastic bags is when I buy meat. I have been doing it for a few years now. I come from the generation that has been around since we ALL carried out own shopping bags. Meat and fish were wrapped up in greaseproof paper and put into paper bags. 

In fact in those days most of the shopping was put in paper bags.

You should try it sometime.

esterday I went to the FoodMart supermarket in Jomtien, I bought a small can of soft drink and a small packet of crisps the cashier was putting the 2 items in a large plastic shopping bag until I told her I don't want the bag there were no signs anywhere to be seen and even if there was there is not much point if you don't train your cashier staff.

Environment day nothing but a joke its always the general public to blame and rightly so in certain cases but if the big companies who don't give a damn and only think about the amount of profit they make were made to not use plastic for their products then their would be no plastic waste for the general public to be dumped anywhere.

In other words ban plastic wrapping and plastic bags and you have resolved plastic waste by at least 50% i'm sure, its not complicated I am not picking on Thailand its the same everywhere its all to do with profit money talks in the world we live in. 

Edited Wednesday at 10:47 AM by Hooliganzone