Nature

Ron19

43 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Got some of those visiting the garden but I couldn’t get a photo nowhere near as good as yours !!

Looks like a Mynah bird......horrible Squawking birds who are very territorial and will attack others and drive them away, including attacking their nests if they have any.

Looks like a Mynah bird......horrible Squawking birds who are very territorial and will attack others and drive them away, including attacking their nests if they have any.

Yes, I think you’re right, just did a google image search, many examples of mynahs with the same yellow markings on the head and yellow legs.

30 minutes ago, tifino said:

what's more interesting, is how they haven't been pinched yet...  

Yes, I was also surprised. The tree is standing along the road slightly outside the center of Pattaya surrounded by lots of hongpak's and there is quite some traffic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

Yes, I was also surprised. The tree is standing along the road slightly outside the center of Pattaya surrounded by lots of hongpak's and there is quite some traffic.

even for the young ones...

surely there is an equivalent to eating of green mangoes?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tifino said:

even for the young ones...

surely there is an equivalent to eating of green mangoes?

The green young fruit is very delicious as a meal.  Dtam Canoon is one of my favourite Thai foods (ask your Thai friends to get you some if you have never tried it).  

It is also used a lot in curries and salads.  People don't tend to pinch these because they are very inexpensive and common, not like the expensive Durian fruit or even the ripe large sweet jackfruits.  

• Like 2