Recommend me a Laptop/Notebook

JaiMaai

I'm looking to replace my laptop and any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm looking for a machine that will be used for office applications and web mostly and occasionally watching videos.  I won't be using it for gaming and would prefer a slightly more understated design than a gaming laptop such as the ACER  Helios range anyway.

Some important requirements.

17" FHD IPS display.

Full keyboard (with number keypad)

SSD for OS and HDD for storage.

A power brick that has a cable that plugs into the wall rather than the brick itself plugging in.

Budget is around 30,000 baht (although I suspect I might be limiting myself to 15.3" options at that budget?)

Thanks for any ideas!

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-ProBook-6570b-B6P88EA-Notebook.86297.0.html

Have a look here - you need to read - hopefully it will steer you in the right direction. I have an HP i7 with 17" screen.

The "maintenance panel" comes off  without needing a screw driver - fan, H/D, ram, etc are accessible here.

Search for features and specs you want - I TOO will only buy a system with simple easy access to those areas mentioned.

ESSENTIAL in Thailand as pollution destroys many systems - I know I have pulled apart so many with thick layers of dust (sticky dust too). Different areas of Thailand are much cleaner than other areas - "for me, MY experience" - pulling apart in Chiang Mai & surrounds - they were choked in crap. Phuket/Samui, not so much.

Computer shop owner 20+ years and still look after some old clients when in the mood.

11 minutes ago, MalandLee said:

"maintenance panel" comes off  without needing a screw driver - fan,

Great tip for especially for hot dusty Thailand.  Some laptops you nearly need to perform surgery to get to the fan.

Buy a inexpensive Lenovo ThinkPad and change the HDD to SSD.

I am not sure if 30k is enough but it will be near that price.

In my experience ThinkPads are good quality, very reliable and work forever.

I have a 10 year old in which I exchanged the HDD to a SSD.

Some time ago I upgraded to Windows 10 and all drivers were available - at least 5 years after that thing was bought.

Not sure why you need a 17", might as well get a smaller 13 or 14" and hook it up to a big monitor or even a TV for movies. If you are planning to use it on a desk permanently might as well get a desktop as 17" is close to 3kgs and not suitable to carry around.

Not sure why you need a 17", might as well get a smaller 13 or 14" and hook it up to a big monitor or even a TV for movies. If you are planning to use it on a desk permanently might as well get a desktop as 17" is close to 3kgs and not suitable to carry around.
I want a big screen with a good resolution so that I can comfortably open 2 or more word documents or similar side by side. I already have a desktop but I need a laptop for work. A 15" might work but I would need to try it out to know.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I want a big screen with a good resolution so that I can comfortably open 2 or more word documents or similar side by side. I already have a desktop but I need a laptop for work. A 15" might work but I would need to try it out to know.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I doubt you will be able to do that unless you have very good vision even with a 17inch. Look for something with WQHD resolution and above. Full HD is not good enough for 2 documents side by side.

Archived