Notebook computer 8gb ram 240 ssd for less than 20000 thb ? where ? brand ?

l4ml4m

hello,

How cheaters and ridiculous are all these computer brands still selling computers without SSD, I can't understand the stupidity !

I am looking for the cheapest 8gb ram 240 ssd notebook for less than 20000 thb as a spare computer and can't find any. All come with prehistoric 1T HDD and many have only 4gb ram for this price. When knowing how ram and SDD are cheap now, this is really stupid.

Have you found and bought a computer lately ? Where ? Brand ?

And do you think that core i3 or i5 processors should be the minimum requirement ? What are there other processors that some cheaper computer have ?

Thank you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

How cheaters and ridiculous are all these computer brands still selling computers without SSD, I can't understand the stupidity !

It's called marketing!

They sell i.e. a notebook for 30k with HDD. And then they have another model with SSD for 50k.

Some users might test them and find out: Wow, that 50k notebook is so much faster, I buy that one.

The 30k could be (almost) the same speed with SSD for maybe 3k more. But nobody will tell that to the customer in that shop.

Let them pay big money.

But then again look at smart phones and compare 3k to 30k models. Do the food and kitten pictures really look 10 times better on the expensive model?

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

I bought a refurbished dell latitude e7450 with an i5, 16gb ram and used my own Samsung evo 850 ssd 

Only cost 12k thb so very economical compared to buying new @ Thai prices

That's the way to do it. Buying a second user high quality business quality machine as opposed to cheap disposable plastic rubbish.

Buy one next time you're in the USA or HK or Singapore.... Absolutely under no circumstances should you buy any electronics in Thailand. Not only overpriced but the models are 2 years old. In the US you can get an i7 8th Gen 256 ssd for about 600 bucks easily. Look on Amazon maybe even the shipping to Thailand will be cheaper than buying from the local cowboy.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/7/2018 at 12:36 PM, l4ml4m said:

Sorry but I do not buy anything second hand. It's just a useless ridiculous chance to have some problem faster than with a new machine.

That's just a useless and ridiculous statement.

I have utilised customer returns exclusively for the past ten years. The devices I have from 2008 still work and are in regular use.

Second user doesn't mean less reliability. That really is just a nonsense statement.

Use your intelligence man. Businesses will obtain high quality devices, costing 42,000 to perhaps 80,000 baht.

After three years the devices are often renewed and the old devices are taken away by recyclers.

The quality of these devices are such that the new sellers can offer a full warranty on them and because they paid nothing for the devices, can offer them at extremely attractive prices.

A perfect example were these Dell Latitude e7240 devices; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Latitude-E7240-Ultrabook-i5-CPU-4GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-12-Touchscreen-/232902237137 priced at 6300 baht.

Intel Core i5-4200U CPU 3M Cache, up to 2.6GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM • 128GB SSD Hard Disk

12" Full HD Touchscreen with Webcam

Sim card slot for data roaming

UK Keyboard

UK AC Adapter Supplied

Brand new battery fitted

Where else will you find a device of that specification and quality? SSD, Full HD Touchscreen, SIM card slot and quality of construction. Not only that, but they are willing to back it up with up to a 30 month warranty. 

Otherwise, you can buy a new, plasticky, disposable device at 10k+ that might just outlast it's warranty. Possibly a device that you may need to disassemble simply to get at the HDD in order to upgrade it to SSD.

If you think that buying new is better....it's your money.

I'll have the better device and I will pay much less for it.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:36 PM, l4ml4m said:

Sorry but I do not buy anything second hand. It's just a useless ridiculous chance to have some problem faster than with a new machine.

If you do not want anything 2nd hand then you may have set a purchase criteria that is unreachable re branded laptops and that leaves one with the possibility of a no-name Chinese laptop. One can check this out in Sham Shui Po in Hong Kong. There might be somewhere equivalent in BKK to explore?

On 12/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, KneeDeep said:

That's just a useless and ridiculous statement.

I have utilised customer returns exclusively for the past ten years. The devices I have from 2008 still work and are in regular use.

Second user doesn't mean less reliability. That really is just a nonsense statement.

Use your intelligence man. Businesses will obtain high quality devices, costing 42,000 to perhaps 80,000 baht.

After three years the devices are often renewed and the old devices are taken away by recyclers.

The quality of these devices are such that the new sellers can offer a full warranty on them and because they paid nothing for the devices, can offer them at extremely attractive prices.

A perfect example were these Dell Latitude e7240 devices; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Latitude-E7240-Ultrabook-i5-CPU-4GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-12-Touchscreen-/232902237137 priced at 6300 baht.

Intel Core i5-4200U CPU 3M Cache, up to 2.6GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM • 128GB SSD Hard Disk

12" Full HD Touchscreen with Webcam

Sim card slot for data roaming

UK Keyboard

UK AC Adapter Supplied

Brand new battery fitted

Where else will you find a device of that specification and quality? SSD, Full HD Touchscreen, SIM card slot and quality of construction. Not only that, but they are willing to back it up with up to a 30 month warranty. 

Otherwise, you can buy a new, plasticky, disposable device at 10k+ that might just outlast it's warranty. Possibly a device that you may need to disassemble simply to get at the HDD in order to upgrade it to SSD.

If you think that buying new is better....it's your money.

I'll have the better device and I will pay much less for it.

As you seem to know nothing about how electronics work and age, I won't teach you.

Any computer that has been used few years has its electronic parts not performing as well as when it was new. You like it or not it is a fact that I was thinking everybody knew.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:17 PM, SheungWan said:

If you do not want anything 2nd hand then you may have set a purchase criteria that is unreachable re branded laptops and that leaves one with the possibility of a no-name Chinese laptop. One can check this out in Sham Shui Po in Hong Kong. There might be somewhere equivalent in BKK to explore?

No, I found something acceptable.

Only the processor suxx but this computer will only be used to watch video and read. I have several others i7 machines for work.

https://goo.gl/SGLvAg

Sub description

CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 2500U 
RAM : 8 GB DDR4
HDD : 256 GB SSD 
DISPLAY : 15.6" FHD
VGA : AMD RADEON 535 2 GB GDDR5

Warranty 2 - Y 19990 THB

Quite cheap with 8gb, 256SSD and windows 10, no need to buy a second hand crap and look for problems.

2 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

As you seem to know nothing about how electronics work and age, I won't teach you.

Any computer that has been used few years has its electronic parts not performing as well as when it was new. You like it or not it is a fact that I was thinking everybody knew.

Perhaps you missed the part wherein I pointed out that I am still using devices from 2008. In fact, the device from which I post today is from early 2007.

So clearly the degradation of which you write, is not an issue.

Write here in ten years about the condition of the item you have just purchased.

Either way, it has a good specification. So happy days for you.

5 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

No, I found something acceptable.

Only the processor suxx but this computer will only be used to watch video and read. I have several others i7 machines for work.

https://goo.gl/SGLvAg

Sub description

CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 2500U 
RAM : 8 GB DDR4
HDD : 256 GB SSD 
DISPLAY : 15.6" FHD
VGA : AMD RADEON 535 2 GB GDDR5

Warranty 2 - Y 19990 THB

Quite cheap with 8gb, 256SSD and windows 10, no need to buy a second hand crap and look for problems.

Brand and model number?

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Brand and model number?

OK, got it on the link. Personally not very keen on the idea of an Acer. Friends' experiences leave something to be desired on the production quality, so good luck.

https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/30924/32/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--ACER-ASPIRE-A315-41G-R531--BLACK-

It can really vary from model to model. ACER acquired eMachines, which sold low end crud that fell apart. So some of their models at the time were really eMachines. 

I'm posting from a solidly made ACER device proper. It's more than eleven years old, running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 4 GB of RAM.

Paid perhaps 21000 baht for it, nearly twelve years ago, when the exchange rate was 70 baht to the Pound.

The only time that I have ever purchased a 'new' laptop.

So, in conclusion, they aren't all bad.

2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

It can really vary from model to model. ACER acquired eMachines, which sold low end crud that fell apart. So some of their models at the time were really eMachines. 

I'm posting from a solidly made ACER device proper. It's more than eleven years old, running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 4 GB of RAM.

Paid perhaps 21000 baht for it, nearly twelve years ago, when the exchange rate was 70 baht to the Pound.

The only time that I have ever purchased a 'new' laptop.

So, in conclusion, they aren't all bad.

You should upgrade another stick of ram if possible 

It would make a huge difference to the usability 

27 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

You should upgrade another stick of ram if possible 

It would make a huge difference to the usability 

Nonsense. Did anyone inform you that I have issues with it's usability? Which everyday application requires that you have 8GB of RAM?

In any case, do you imagine that you can fit 8 GB of RAM to a twelve year old laptop?

Having an SSD fitted will make more of a difference to usability than an extra 4 GB of RAM.

Of course it has a solid state drive fitted. That's as good as it gets.

52 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Nonsense. Did anyone inform you that I have issues with it's usability? Which everyday application requires that you have 8GB of RAM?

In any case, do you imagine that you can fit 8 GB of RAM to a twelve year old laptop?

Having an SSD fitted will make more of a difference to usability than an extra 4 GB of RAM.

Of course it has a solid state drive fitted. That's as good as it gets.

Notice i said "if you can" 

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

Notice i said "if you can" 

It wouldn't make the slightest amount of difference and would be a horrible waste of money.

SSD fitting makes a far greater difference and costs less to boot. 

Try sourcing a a 4GB DDR2 SODIMM and then compare it to the cost of a 120 GB solid state drive.

The RAM is totally unnecessary and would make a negligible, if any, difference. The SSD makes all of the difference and that is where the money should go, regardless of whether the device could take 8 GB of RAM or not.

8GB of RAM if the applications you run need 8GB of RAM. Otherwise a total waste of money.

My RAM usage never reaches 4GB, so how would having 8GB help with 'úsability'?

So it isn't a matter of "if I can". There is no need for it, even if the device could utilise 8 GB of RAM.

14 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

It wouldn't make the slightest amount of difference and would be a horrible waste of money.

SSD fitting makes a far greater difference and costs less to boot. 

Try sourcing a a 4GB DDR2 SODIMM and then compare it to the cost of a 120 GB solid state drive.

The RAM is totally unnecessary and would make a negligible, if any, difference. The SSD makes all of the difference and that is where the money should go, regardless of whether the device could take 8 GB of RAM or not.

8GB of RAM if the applications you run need 8GB of RAM. Otherwise a total waste of money.

My RAM usage never reaches 4GB, so how would having 8GB help with 'úsability'?

So it isn't a matter of "if I can". There is no need for it, even if the device could utilise 8 GB of RAM.

I didn't say don't use an ssd, did i? 

I bought a Lenovo 15" screen, 8GB RAM but had a 1TB HDD (Not SSD) for 15,000 THB from IT CIty at Fortune Town Phra Ram 9.

Sorry, I can't remember the exact model as It's in Bangkok (I'm in Singapore typing this on my Mac Book Pro) but It was the model that was on for 18K but they had a deal on

Worth checking IT City out anyway as they have a reputation of being one of the cheaper places to shop https://www.itcityonline.com/ 

Oh & it didn't come with WIndows but that wasn't a problem for me.

2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

My Dell Inspiron is great for viewing my Pamela Anderson art collection.????

Dell make a dizzying amount of inspirons and the prices are usually very good (except in Thai) for a consumer grade machine 

The latitude /precision line are designed for businesses are better built + come with 3 or 5 year  NBD warranty but they do cost an arm and a leg for the same spec (lenovo thinkpads are excellent too) 

If you can pickup a used one cheap with an i5 or i7 just  add ram + Samsung 860 /970 sdd you have got yourself a rocket off a machine that's built like a tank... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 5:01 AM, KneeDeep said:

Why the drama? Buy one and fit the RAM and SSD yourself.

hi

i am thinking to do that way.

Is there any requirement that a laptop must have to do so?

I need a notebook with 15.6" screen, and i3 minimum as processor. I also need 4 to 8 gb ram and ssd but like everyone said it's too expensive such a laptop here in thailand and so i am planning to buy one here in bangkok with screen and processor as just said and adding ram and ssd in Italy next march when i will be back.

Can I do it with any notebook? is there anything i must be aware?

thanks in advance

A good place to start is J.I.B online price list.

https://www.jib.co.th/web/pricelist/pricelist_main/25

Then go to any branch to see and try out what you've picked online. The branch can help you locate or order the model if it's not there.

Check out this one: https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/31205/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--LENOVO-330-15IKB-81DC00DGTA--BLACK-

Archived