Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Dirty as hell but I love it.

If we can beat Leicester and Burnley and Arsenal hopefully get beaten by City i think we are nailed for top four.  Starting to win late and a bit ugly but who cares.  And contrary to a the rubbish said on here the fact that we are second at least for the time being after all these injuries proves our squad obviously was good enough and Poch was right not to panic buy with players he hadn't targeted.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

If we can beat Leicester and Burnley and Arsenal hopefully get beaten by City i think we are nailed for top four.  Starting to win late and a bit ugly but who cares.  And contrary to a the rubbish said on here the fact that we are second at least for the time being after all these injuries proves our squad obviously was good enough and Poch was right not to panic buy with players he hadn't targeted.

Yes with both Kane and Alli back end of this month we should finish very strongly....interesting times for us!

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes with both Kane and Alli back end of this month we should finish very strongly....interesting times for us!

Dele's back sooner, possibly for Dortmund.  But yes, the squad is good enough, not to win the title perhaps but good enough to have us sitting where we are right now and possibly causing the two clubs that are apparently competing for the title to have a little look over their shoulders.

Ofcourse, the best part of this is once again making Sky Sports and their anti Spurs bias look stupid again.  And Talksport  but to be fair they have always been clueless gobshites.

• Like 1

Funny to see that the BBC has Son down as MOM!  Yes, he was good, as he generally is but i read a post match interview transcript by Pochettino and he singled out Davinson Sanchez which i completely agree with.  He dealt with Rondon superbly and Perez who was making good runs down the flank.  What a player he is already but what a player he's going to mature into. He has everything, strong mentality, cool head under pressure,  pace, movement,  turns fast and the particular asset of a top quality defender....he often doesn't need to make the tackle.   He'll be right up there with the worlds best this time next year, if he isn't already.

Then consider we have Foyth and Walker-Peters, to step in, why the <deleted> would Poch leave, he's building for the future. Winks, Skipp and Amos in the midfield too, Lloris' future replacement already there, its all coming to fruition.  Its actually quite easy to see why he wants to stay.  And lets face it, we'll be much better, much stronger when we get into our new home.

• Thanks 1

Just to follow on from the last post,  to keep it real if you like, we still have Liverpool, City and Chelsea to play away.  If there is a positive its that Kane and Dele will be back and baring the injury debacle carrying on we should be at full strength from march onwards.  I mention the away games because we need to maintain that buffer from Arsenal and those three away games are going to be immensely tough.

Edited by carmine

39 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Not to mention our chip butty who has brown sauce dribbling down the back of his legs once more.

Apparently they are finishing in a CL spot while we'll end up sixth! :biggrin:

Like we said, when they lose a couple more games the new lot will disappear and then there will be the usual two.  Bar the old school who know better,  the RedNose Sky Sports United fan still thinks its his era and they have that feeling of entitlement because they started supporting the club in a generation of great success.  Now they don't deal with defeat and mediocrity well, and neither with criticism.

It must be difficult when reality bites and you realize your noisy neighbors almost consider beating you as a natural course and don't really view you as competition anymore.  Spurs fans know that feeling well so its all a big reminder that every dog has its day and no club has any entitlement to anything.  Playing United will always be a big game because they are the biggest club in the country but that means nothing regards what's going on on the pitch.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Dele's back sooner, possibly for Dortmund.  But yes, the squad is good enough, not to win the title perhaps but good enough to have us sitting where we are right now and possibly causing the two clubs that are apparently competing for the title to have a little look over their shoulders.

Ofcourse, the best part of this is once again making Sky Sports and their anti Spurs bias look stupid again.  And Talksport  but to be fair they have always been clueless gobshites.

Obviously i do appreciate that TV posters know more about buying players than Harry !!!!!  ????

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, champers said:

The Sunday Mirror links Spurs to David Brookes. He will cost £50 million if you buy him next summer. Last summer you could have had him for 10. Inflation!!!

I doubt that Spurs' fans put much confidence in that one.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

I doubt that Spurs' fans put much confidence in that one.

They were supposedly interested in him more than a year ago, well before Bournemouth bought him. Sometimes you take a chance on someone and it works out (Dele Alli) and sometimes it doesn't (Jansson).

1 minute ago, champers said:

They were supposedly interested in him more than a year ago, well before Bournemouth bought him. Sometimes you take a chance on someone and it works out (Dele Alli) and sometimes it doesn't (Jansson).

True that, but can you picture Levy throwing $50M for him ? Not even in the movies !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, champers said:

The Sunday Mirror links Spurs to David Brookes. He will cost £50 million if you buy him next summer. Last summer you could have had him for 10. Inflation!!!

I like David Brookes, and not just because he's another product  of Citys academy (for 10 years), as he's  a very talented player who is working his way up.

Like the story of him as a 9 year old having to borrow  u7s kit ????

He'd be good in a footballing team.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/02/david-brooks-bournemouth-i-am-not-physical-i-have-to-impress-in-other-ways

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I like David Brookes, and not just because he's another product  of Citys academy (for 10 years), as he's  a very talented player who is working his way up.

Like the story of him as a 9 year old having to borrow  u7s kit ????

He'd be good in a footballing team.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/02/david-brooks-bournemouth-i-am-not-physical-i-have-to-impress-in-other-ways

I like him too. Shame he's chosen to play for Wales.

37 minutes ago, champers said:

I like him too. Shame he's chosen to play for Wales.

He was part of City's academy from 7-14 so far less than our resident idiot's post suggests.

His real football education happened away from City luckily for him!

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He was part of City's academy from 7-14 so far less than our resident idiot's post suggests.

His real football education happened away from City luckily for him!

1. City kid from 2004 to 2014; isn't that ten years as i stated. See image.

Resident idiot must be smarter than resident kee mao, eh. :burp:

2. "His real football education happened away from City luckily for him!" Childish comment.

Pissed as usual then Ronnie? Best give up on that red wine ...try ribena.

Screenshot_2019-02-03-15-35-13.png

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. City kid from 2004 to 2014; isn't that ten years as i stated. See image.

Resident idiot must be smarter than resident kee mao, eh. :burp:

2. "His real football education happened away from City luckily for him!" Childish comment.

Pissed as usual then Ronnie? Best give up on that red wine ...try ribena.

Screenshot_2019-02-03-15-35-13.png

Looks like another city lad with his head screwed on flew the coop and within 4 years he's rated at 50m.

Seems he made a great decision. Will provide others with the same ideas. 

Bit hot headed that Bredbury lad today....you should join me at the concert in the park at Chula this evening...a bit of classical music...some fine cheese and salami and a glass or two of Aussie red and you might find yourself chilling out.

Mind you a defeat tonight and you'll be raging again....I'd love you to get beat just to see your response. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bit hot headed that Bredbury lad today....you should join me at the concert in the park at Chula this evening...a bit of classical music...some fine cheese and salami and a glass or two of Aussie red and you might find yourself chilling out.

Mind you a defeat tonight and you'll be raging again....I'd love you to get beat just to see your response. :biggrin:

One day rogan josh and beers on Sukhumvit, the next day wine and cold meats at a classical music concert on university grounds... this man is a walking contradiction...

The enigma that is Ronnie Pickering. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Looks like another city lad with his head screwed on flew the coop and within 4 years he's rated at 50m.

City spat him out, so not his decision. As he is from Warrington, I'm surprised your lot didn't pick up on him. I wish my lot had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

One day rogan josh and beers on Sukhumvit, the next day wine and cold meats at a classical music concert on university grounds... this man is a walking contradiction...

The enigma that is Ronnie Pickering. 

Yh it's odd he used to talk about cups of tea and swimming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Read up on it first before commenting. He didn't 'flew the couple'. He wasn't retained. His size or lack of worked against him. So he's (obviously  grown and) done really well to get to where he is now. Talented on the ball.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Please accept my apologies Ronnie for retailiating to your name calling.

Ps. You'd have to go along way to find someone as laid back as me.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If we do get beat Ronnie i can assure you of one thing, my comments, my assessment and opinion will be as honest and unbiased as possible - see my comments after our crap Newcastle  performance this week. Unlike on the Spurs thread, where none of you spurs lads have been honest enough to state you got out of jail last night with the newcastle goalie gifting you 3 points. That game was drifting to a draw. Had he stood still or kept his feet knee leg in position he would have saved a pretty tame shot straight at him (as Degea does so often). That's honesty Ronnie.

1 hour ago, champers said:

City spat him out, so not his decision. As he is from Warrington, I'm surprised your lot didn't pick up on him. I wish my lot had.

Well said.

Clubs release so many players every year. Most drift downwards. Some make it to Premier status elsewhere. Seems that for every player that City release that makes it elsewhere only we are criticised. You can only have so many players at first team level. When he was released he was seen as a talent but too small. I repeat he's done well to work his way up and i hope he becomes a big star.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well said.

Clubs release so many players every year. Most drift downwards. Some make it to Premier status elsewhere. Seems that for every player that City release that makes it elsewhere only we are criticised. You can only have so many players at first team level. When he was released he was seen as a talent but too small. I repeat he's done well to work his way up and i hope he becomes a big star.

It happens. Bolton once had a 15 year old who was on the small side. They let him go and and told him to get a job as a jockey. Alan Ball had a World Cup medal 5 years later. Very good player, so-so manager.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If we do get beat Ronnie i can assure you of one thing, my comments, my assessment and opinion will be as honest and unbiased as possible - see my comments after our crap Newcastle  performance this week. Unlike on the Spurs thread, where none of you spurs lads have been honest enough to state you got out of jail last night with the newcastle goalie gifting you 3 points. That game was drifting to a draw. Had he stood still or kept his feet knee leg in position he would have saved a pretty tame shot straight at him (as Degea does so often). That's honesty Ronnie.

I don't believe that actually. I have never seen you back track or admit any mistake you continually argue points and the ones you lose you go AWOL from to avoid having to do the decent thing. On top of that I hear your a super G.