Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Of course when we come second or third it will be a disaster of Levy's making cos he failed to pony up the cash....if we win the league some of the pundits are going to need sedatives!!

What will happen is, regardless whether we finish third, fourth or fifth, and even though none of the so called expert pundits, Robbie Savage being the biggest c**t of all,  or the papers or anyone on here has us as title contenders, if we don't win the title we will be labelled bottlers! Spursy.

Its ludicrous, sad, funny, pathetic perhaps but either way,  an utter nonsense.  Words spouted out to ridicule a clubs working model, done to appease their own feelings of inadequacy. its quite unsettling the fact that the media, pundits, other clubs and TV posters just cannot, will not,  their feathers so ruffled by a club that attempts to promote from within and has a long term strategy to find success rather than short term big spending.  

Edited by carmine

18 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Of course when we come second or third it will be a disaster of Levy's making cos he failed to pony up the cash....if we win the league some of the pundits are going to need sedatives!!

Winning the league is not going to happen but do you really want to take away those predictable comments and statements that we know already will come gushing out from the usual sources!!!  We know what they are going to say already!!  

Savage, Shearer, Neville, Richard Keys Carragher, Henry, Parlour, remember were all highly successful managers ????....and lets not forget that toothless halfwit simpleton Joey Barton that was also embarrassingly referenced once on here!!!

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2019 at 5:21 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

"3,200 fans made the trip to Wembley which is all the more remarkable given the early kick off time.

I am sure that every one of the 3,200 will admit that playing in front of a half empty stadium, with home support as quiet as Tottenham’s, completely killed the atmosphere. Throw in the less than exciting football on show and the freezing weather conditions, it didn’t make for much of a spectacle.

Now I know the new stadium has been badly handled by Spurs, and their fans have a right not to be happy, but if only 41,000 can turn up to Wembley on a Saturday early kick off (with 3,200 being Toon fans) then how are they going to fill their new stadium? 

This is how :

42,000 Season Ticket holders 

9,000 Corporate 

3,000 Away fans 

8,000 Members tickets available to our 165,000 paid members per game.

image.gif

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

This is how :

42,000 Season Ticket holders 

9,000 Corporate 

3,000 Away fans 

8,000 Members tickets available to our 165,000 paid members per game.

image.gif

i don't know why you even bother to reply to such a stupid, ignorant post.

7 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Really glad that we bought Winks over Fred, Keita and Jorginho ????

Funny each on of them cost at least 10m more than the cost of our academy!  Surely theres an irony there!

I have been thinking more and more recently that in order to avoid a future financial crisis in the european game FIFA and UEFA must act and start to implement caps to stop things getting further out of hand.  I just think its for the good of the game.

Just on an interesting historical note; the 1962/63 season. This was after the SuperSpurs double (1960/61). At that time Everton was the most successful English club ever.

City went down with Orient to be replaced by Chelsea and Stoke. Arsenal, Liverpool and Utd well down the league.

This was Spurs last season with probably their best ever league team.

P   W  D  L   F   A   W  D  L   F   A  Pts
 1. EVERTON                  42  14  7  0  48  17  11  4  6  36  25   61
 2. Tottenham Hotspur        42  14  6  1  72  28   9  3  9  39  34   55
 3. Burnley                  42  14  4  3  41  17   8  6  7  37  40   54
 4. Leicester City           42  14  6  1  53  23   6  6  9  26  30   52
 5. Wolverhampton Wanderers  42  11  6  4  51  25   9  4  8  42  40   50
 6. Sheffield Wednesday      42  10  5  6  38  26   9  5  7  39  37   48
 7. Arsenal                  42  11  4  6  44  33   7  6  8  42  44   46
 8. Liverpool                42  13  3  5  45  22   4  7 10  26  37   44
 9. Nottingham Forest        42  12  4  5  39  28   5  6 10  28  41   44
10. Sheffield United         42  11  7  3  33  20   5  5 11  25  40   44
11. Blackburn Rovers         42  11  4  6  55  34   4  8  9  24  37   42
12. West Ham United          42   8  6  7  39  34   6  6  9  34  35   40
13. Blackpool                42   8  7  6  34  27   5  7  9  24  37   40
14. West Bromwich Albion     42  11  1  9  40  37   5  6 10  31  42   39
15. Aston Villa              42  12  2  7  38  23   3  6 12  24  45   38
16. Fulham                   42   8  6  7  28  30   6  4 11  22  41   38
17. Ipswich Town             42   5  8  8  34  39   7  3 11  25  39   35
18. Bolton Wanderers         42  13  3  5  35  18   2  2 17  20  57   35
19. Manchester United        42   6  6  9  36  38   6  4 11  31  43   34
20. Birmingham City          42   6  8  7  40  40   4  5 12  23  50   33
21. MANCHESTER CITY          42   7  5  9  30  45   3  6 12  28  57   31
22. LEYTON ORIENT            42   4  5 12  22  37   2  4 15  15  44   21
Edited by owl sees all

Correction to the previous post.

When Everton won the League in 1969-70, there were four clubs contesting the 'most league wins' league.

Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool and Man Utd; all with 7 each.

Villa and Sunderland; both 6 wins apiece.

While I've got my stats book out; Spurs were third in a very interesting year; 1989-90.

That season (20 team league) 8 teams were londoners.

Finishing positions:

03 Spurs

04 Arsenal

05 Chelsea

08 Wimbledon

11 QPR

15 Palace

19 Charlton

20 Millwall

Edited by owl sees all

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Funny each on of them cost at least 10m more than the cost of our academy!  Surely theres an irony there!

I have been thinking more and more recently that in order to avoid a future financial crisis in the european game FIFA and UEFA must act and start to implement caps to stop things getting further out of hand.  I just think its for the good of the game.

Can't have that carms....we'd win the league three or four times on the trot!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Really glad that we bought Winks over Fred, Keita and Jorginho ????

Keita will come good, he's been played out of position most of the time, and generally with a weaker first 11.

Fabinho is a cracking signing and I'm glad we bought him over Jorginho ????

Spurs's chosen path to what they hope is success is a bold experiment. I don't think young players at Spurs are any better than the young players at the other top 6 clubs. City and Chelsea seem to have the pick of youngsters but refuse to play them in their first teams. It looks like the manager wants to have the time to build his team and Spurs owners are aligned with that. Pochettino could go to Real Madrid but would not last 3 years there. No-one does. He could be another Ferguson or Wenger, building a dynasty. I know it turned sour for Wenger but he he had 2 or 3 fabulous teams in his time.

Edited by champers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

City and Chelsea seem to have the pick of youngsters but refuse to play them in their first teams.

Think you're being a bit harsh there champers. We have an average younger squad than Spurs. In fact, ours is younger than all the top 6 barring Man United. It depends which way you want to slice and dice these things. We are giving the very youngest opportunities but bringing them through slowly, slowly. The stakes are high and the fact that they train with excellent players can only do them good in the long run. Those who can cut the mustard will be there in the longer run. I'd sooner be winning things and bring the youngest players through slowly than concentrating on bring younger players through and winning nought. But what other clubs do is their choice.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/11473284/premier-league-clubs-ranked-for-age-height-and-experience

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

3 minus 2, It's fair to say i argue my corner.

I also will 'troll' as you call it, 'banter' as i call it, with other clubs in retaliation, and as you have may noticed mostly the spurs thread (and not the ManU thread as you would expect) as your 3 'buddies' post the most and never cease in their snipes ONLY at City (as an example go read today's  liverpool  thread and main culprit Carmine is yet again having a pop at City - he can't  help himself).

If people cease having a pop about the same City things all the time there would be no responses from me. But that ain't go happen as this is a football forum and we all have very opposing views, but unfortunately some spend more time on the City thread than their own. 

As for taking R2D2s comments seriously, come on, he's made himself the character he is on here and i just don't take him seriously. 

So i will do this to try to improve this football forum. I will cease posting on the spurs forum. Have a word with your 3 buddies.

It's a football thread beyond a bit of banter AKA trolling to the spurs lads I don't see why anyone should take anything seriously. 

I mean mate you need your Mrs to find the football channels and you've been here 14 years.

I do note that you know very little about football trivia though and you moaned like shiit about raheem which happens a lot less now and you are blatantly  (all MC fans) gutted that your team cannot break their youngsters in the team all to be a couple of points ahead of a bunch of London scrooges and being taken to the cleaners by the shrewdest club in the land LFC. 

Bottom line though.

Your preaching to the wrong crowd this 32 he's no football head he could not spell offside let alone understand it.

This lad backed bale to fill Ronaldo boots for God's sake he's gone on record as being an Exeter city fan in real life and said they are a well run club aside from the fact one of the directors was done for fraud pretty recently.

On top of all this his own spurs pack have to correct him about players playing under old managers. I day say he forgot villas boas and Sherwood were managers after redknapp. 

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Think you're being a bit harsh there champers. We have an average younger squad than Spurs. In fact, ours is younger than all the top 6 barring Man United. It depends which way you want to slice and dice these things. We are giving the very youngest opportunities but bringing them through slowly, slowly. The stakes are high and the fact that they train with excellent players can only do them good in the long run. Those who can cut the mustard will be there in the longer run. I'd sooner be winning things and bring the youngest players through slowly than concentrating on bring younger players through and winning nought. But what other clubs do is their choice.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/11473284/premier-league-clubs-ranked-for-age-height-and-experience

The fact, repeat fact, is no player has come through the youth system and established themselves in the first team under the current ownership. Who was the last one to do so at City? Richards, Ireland, Barton?

Chelsea are worse than City, if that makes you feel better.

• Like 1

jeez ,, seems virtually no one actually talks about  THE GAME anymore  its all my teams bigger better or cheaper and younger than yours, posters dont comment pre or post game but the min a comments slightly off or diferent, then they've got to swoop in and put it right ,, yeah you will say  its banter,, but  its not  its borish bullying which = low brow ignorant  men with unfullfilled  macho egos endlesslessy repeating themselves and proving NOTHING but how dumb they are  and to top it all  has  little or NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME whatsover   you want banter, sure   but chat about the game or a players form or the managers decisions, formations theres  loads to chat about, and ironically the worst offonders on here  have really  good insights but dont chat abot them    but this  this bore fest of low brow crap   is  just well ,,, time consuming nonsence, ahh perhaps thats it, maybe some need to  GET A LIFE  and or re kindle an interest in THE GAME  they maybe once were actually interested in and move on from this 'tribal neandertal borish crap fest that supposed 'banter has been turned into .

oh and anyone see one of our supposed targets malcom tonight in the classico,, scored the equalizer and arguably was barcas best player,, on that performance cant see them  letting him go, though a clue to the situ there might be  the min messi came on malcom was 'switched' to the lhs and 'disapeared' until he was subbed,,    

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, champers said:

The fact, repeat fact, is no player has come through the youth system and established themselves in the first team under the current ownership. Who was the last one to do so at City? Richards, Ireland, Barton?

Chelsea are worse than City, if that makes you feel better.

So that's going back a Decade maybe more.

10 years and not one graduate proper.

10 years and not one CL final let alone a win

10 years and 1.3 billion spent 

10 years and the stench of financial irregularities is stronger than ever.

10 years and this last decade is supposed to be your golden moment and you can't even lay one egg. Poster boy foden is just a poster boy whilst Sancho is already a star. The difference being 25ish games of experience. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, champers said:

Spurs's chosen path to what they hope is success is a bold experiment. I don't think young players at Spurs are any better than the young players at the other top 6 clubs. City and Chelsea seem to have the pick of youngsters but refuse to play them in their first teams. It looks like the manager wants to have the time to build his team and Spurs owners are aligned with that. Pochettino could go to Real Madrid but would not last 3 years there. No-one does. He could be another Ferguson or Wenger, building a dynasty. I know it turned sour for Wenger but he he had 2 or 3 fabulous teams in his time.

What leads you to think City and Chelsea have the pick of the youngsters might i enquire!!!  Not that i'm bothered i'm just interested in how you come to this conclusion.  Have you seen the academy players up at Carrington for example?  

Edited by carmine

4 hours ago, carmine said:

What leads you to think City and Chelsea have the pick of the youngsters might i enquire!!!  Not that i'm bothered i'm just interested in how you come to this conclusion.  Have you seen the academy players up at Carrington for example?  

Chelsea and City have met in the last 3 FA Youth Cup finals, so it is fair to assume they are the 2 best, I think. Both also have a reputation for poaching the best youngsters from other clubs.

There does seem to be a trend developing where these youngsters want to play regularly and are leaving or want to leave their clubs. Sancho and Diaz at City, Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea for example. I don't see that trend at Spurs; youngsters get their chances.

27 minutes ago, champers said:

Chelsea and City have met in the last 3 FA Youth Cup finals, so it is fair to assume they are the 2 best, I think. Both also have a reputation for poaching the best youngsters from other clubs.

There does seem to be a trend developing where these youngsters want to play regularly and are leaving or want to leave their clubs. Sancho and Diaz at City, Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea for example. I don't see that trend at Spurs; youngsters get their chances.

Big difference between best at youth level and transitioning to the first team.

Thankfully that secret seems to have remained at Tottenham recently.

Seems rather strange that Uefa president Aleksander Cerafin has singled out Guardiola, Pochettino and OGS for not turning up to his meeting about VAR.  I didn't think anyone of any consequence bothered to go.

Anyway, he needs to speak to Sky Sports because Tottenham do not officially exist.????

• Confused 2

On 2/6/2019 at 5:07 PM, alfieconn said:

Perhaps you need to have a look at Klopp as he paid 52m and is the one playing him out of position !

Yes to accommodate others and shape. I think eventually when everyone is fit, and Keita gets it he will be played in the middle. Klopp buys players that he is expects to be able to play in multiple positions, or at least capable of adapting to as we can't afford to have 2-3 players in every position like some clubs. 

Five players on the injury list which isn't ideal but we can still put out a strong side on sunday.  Will he start with Llorente?  We'll need to watch Leicester on the counter too.  I thought they did enough against United to have taken a point so this is going to be another tough fixture.

There seems a reasonable chance Kane and Dele with be back for the Chelsea game. Baring in mind we follow that fixture with Arsenal and Dortmund this would be a boost.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

No, im not confusing you with someone who is interesting. 

Always dishing it out then whining to teacher "but he's he's always baiting me!" when it comes back.  Pathetic.

Edited by carmine