Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I don't believe that actually. I have never seen you back track or admit any mistake you continually argue points and the ones you lose you go AWOL from to avoid having to do the decent thing. On top of that I hear your a super G. 

Think you totally missed the point of my post which was, if we're crap or lucky i will admit as such, so why did no spurs posters note they were fortunate with the goalies megaboob. That is totally different to what you posted. 

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I don't believe that actually. I have never seen you back track or admit any mistake you continually argue points and the ones you lose you go AWOL from to avoid having to do the decent thing. On top of that I hear your a super G. 

Missed that first time.

One thing i have never done in my +13 years on this forum is go awol. 

unnamed (1).gif

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think you totally missed the point of my post which was, if we're crap or lucky i will admit as such, so why did no spurs posters note they were fortunate with the goalies megaboob. That is totally different to what you posted. 

I agree it is but it does not make what I said any less true. From what i see, of course.

19 hours ago, jellydog said:

I doubt that Spurs' fans put much confidence in that one.

None whatsoever.  All this rubbish comes out just after the transfer window closes too.  Just some hack without a decent story to write about.

Good result with City winning, although i was hoping for a bit more from Leicester.

Chelsea at the end of the month and Arsenal soon after.  Those results and the next two league games should decide a top four finish.

On a side not, i wonder how long it will be before Real Madrid start coming for Rashford?!!  Magnificent talent.

19 hours ago, jellydog said:

True that, but can you picture Levy throwing $50M for him ? Not even in the movies !

With some of the talent coming out of the academy why would he even consider.

50m for this kid!!!  What must Oliver Skipp be worth?!!!!!!!!!!

A flame post as well as a reply have been removed.

You guys get a lot of leeway in this forum, and we tend to let a lot go as it is mainly good natured banter.

However flaming and personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Public warning this time... if it happens again you will receive formal warnings and possible suspension.

20 hours ago, champers said:

It happens. Bolton once had a 15 year old who was on the small side. They let him go and and told him to get a job as a jockey. Alan Ball had a World Cup medal 5 years later. Very good player, so-so manager.

Dont think.bolton were the only club that said 'no' to alan ball b4 blackpool took the plunge.

"3,200 fans made the trip to Wembley which is all the more remarkable given the early kick off time.

I am sure that every one of the 3,200 will admit that playing in front of a half empty stadium, with home support as quiet as Tottenham’s, completely killed the atmosphere. Throw in the less than exciting football on show and the freezing weather conditions, it didn’t make for much of a spectacle.

Now I know the new stadium has been badly handled by Spurs, and their fans have a right not to be happy, but if only 41,000 can turn up to Wembley on a Saturday early kick off (with 3,200 being Toon fans) then how are they going to fill their new stadium? I am sure at first the novelty of the stadium will sell its own seats, but a few bad results and if they sell some of their better players, we may be looking at a stadium with 20,000 empty seats for a long time..."

spurs-v-newcastle-from-the-terraces-inside-wembley-nufc-1120x1150-768x789.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Finally. Game set and match me ????

You're always on iggy unless I uncover the post BB and that is unlikely to change so continue to expect 99% of your posts to remain unread.

I do hope you don't get run over by a bus. :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You're always on iggy unless I uncover the post BB and that is unlikely to change so continue to expect 99% of your posts to remain unread.

I do hope you don't get run over by a bus. :biggrin:

Can't wait for Ronnie to post the next exciting installment in his fantasy life. Skydiving of Thai Wah Tower tomorrow while eating a jam butty no doubt.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"3,200 fans made the trip to Wembley which is all the more remarkable given the early kick off time.

I am sure that every one of the 3,200 will admit that playing in front of a half empty stadium, with home support as quiet as Tottenham’s, completely killed the atmosphere. Throw in the less than exciting football on show and the freezing weather conditions, it didn’t make for much of a spectacle.

Now I know the new stadium has been badly handled by Spurs, and their fans have a right not to be happy, but if only 41,000 can turn up to Wembley on a Saturday early kick off (with 3,200 being Toon fans) then how are they going to fill their new stadium? I am sure at first the novelty of the stadium will sell its own seats, but a few bad results and if they sell some of their better players, we may be looking at a stadium with 20,000 empty seats for a long time..."

spurs-v-newcastle-from-the-terraces-inside-wembley-nufc-1120x1150-768x789.jpg

Part of the deal is the prem att's at wembley  are restricted  it was 50 ish thou not so sure what it is now.. but hardly surprising  people dont want tk coff up ?? Large for tickets when u know that all rafa is gonn do is a defensive festa  and stick  10 men behind the ball imo its hardly enticing..  that plus its really cold  so not  the greatest of mix.. expensive a touch boring and cold

Edited by 3 minus 2

On 1/31/2019 at 9:23 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes a day before January pay day and sub zero temperatures with an 8pm kick off.

^ 3 minus 2, yours is a similar weak excuse to Ronnie's excuse last Thursday to Sanemax's post "lessthan 30 000 at the last home game , not such a big Club"

Edited by mrbojangles
Edited at ops request

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^ 3 minus 2, yours is a similar weak excuse to Ronnie's excuse last Thursday to Sanemax's post "lessthan 30 000 at the last home game , not such a big Club"

So what you saying? The emptyhad has a rival?

3 minus 2, here's the thing about comments on empty seats.

I couldn't really give a toss about whether a club has a full stadium or loads of empty seats; fans have the right to pick and choose which games they go to and we don't prosper from day-tourist fans like some clubs do.

I don't class myself as one of the 'empty seats police' on the footie threads; you know who you are.

But when someone takes a pop on the City thread about our crowds then i reserve the right to post on the Spurs ManU and Liverpool threads about your crowds.

Seems fair to me.

10 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Given your persistant 'war' with other posters Perhaps there's a 'point' to be taken from that..

And when someone who takes the trouble to answer your question/queery in good faith TRY not to put your own arguementative/trollish stance on the answers given , this persistant arguementative stance you PERSISTENTLY take is,,, demeaning tiresome.. boring, ignorant..take your pick..you need to let of steam for whatever reason, try taking some counselling, its appropriate and it'll help. 

3 minus 2, It's fair to say i argue my corner.

I also will 'troll' as you call it, 'banter' as i call it, with other clubs in retaliation, and as you have may noticed mostly the spurs thread (and not the ManU thread as you would expect) as your 3 'buddies' post the most and never cease in their snipes ONLY at City (as an example go read today's  liverpool  thread and main culprit Carmine is yet again having a pop at City - he can't  help himself).

If people cease having a pop about the same City things all the time there would be no responses from me. But that ain't go happen as this is a football forum and we all have very opposing views, but unfortunately some spend more time on the City thread than their own. 

As for taking R2D2s comments seriously, come on, he's made himself the character he is on here and i just don't take him seriously. 

So i will do this to try to improve this football forum. I will cease posting on the spurs forum. Have a word with your 3 buddies.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

One of the hallmarks of the Pochettino era at Spurs is the change in, mentality, mindset.

We've taken more points from scoring in the last ten minutes than any other club in the league, proving that in this era the Spursy label is now an empty slogan used by behind the times idiots.  

Now used apparently any time we lose!!????  

I also heard from a pundit the other day that we can have a big impact on the title chase!!!!????

You just couldn't make all this sh1t up!!????

Edited by carmine

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

One of the hallmarks of the Pochettino era at Spurs is the change in, mentality, mindset.

We've taken more points from scoring in the last ten minutes than any other club in the league, proving that in this era the Spursy label is now an empty slogan used by behind the times idiots.  

Now used apparently any time we lose!!????  

I also heard from a pundit the other day that we can have a big impact on the title chase!!!!????

You just couldn't make all this sh1t up!!????

Of course when we come second or third it will be a disaster of Levy's making cos he failed to pony up the cash....if we win the league some of the pundits are going to need sedatives!!