Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Team selection for tonights game is going to be interesting.  Certain players looked exhausted during the second half or the NLD.  Sissoko and Dele for starters.  Rest Foyth and Davies, Aurier too if Trippier is match fit.  Winks to start, along with Lamela, and Lucas Moura or Son.  And why not take off Kane early if we have the opportunity.  

Poch needs to mix it up, same too at the weekend.  Our stupid fixture level continues and we look knackered.  If we cannot play our high intensity game we are stuffed.

• Confused 1

Being that Verts will be suspended due to the red in the NLD 

I think Foyth & Toby will be our only option at CB.

Lamela's got a thigh strain from the Inter match last week

so not fit to play.

I'd like to see Moura & Son start tonight with Winks & Dier in CM and hopefully Rose & Tripps too.

Hey there football forum fans ????

Not sure why my long standing thread was terminated but in the name of continuity, I've opened an unofficial one for true Spurs fans...

Predictions for tonight, why 5-0 of course!

COYS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Southampton could be a difficult team to beat now when Hughes gone, but too early for them to do a lot of changes . 

We should win this comfortably . 

Good three points, back on track and all the necessary rotation implemented although, Poch really doesn't want to rest Kane and play Llorente does he!!  I'm struggling to see why he's on our books still tbh.  Maybe we would be better turning to the academy?

• Confused 1

Another situation that i struggle to understand is the way we are seemingly wasting Walker-Peters.  he won't develop with game time which he's not getting.  I'd rather see him in the U23's for the next couple of seasons than getting splinters on the bench.  its quite clear what with the injuries to Trippier and Rose he's unlikely to start for us so why is he being wasted to the detriment of his development?

On a brighter note Oliver Skipp was the youngest player we have fielded, a record that was held by a certain Gareth Bale.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, carmine said:

Another situation that i struggle to understand is the way we are seemingly wasting Walker-Peters.  he won't develop with game time which he's not getting.  I'd rather see him in the U23's for the next couple of seasons than getting splinters on the bench.  its quite clear what with the injuries to Trippier and Rose he's unlikely to start for us so why is he being wasted to the detriment of his development?

On a brighter note Oliver Skipp was the youngest player we have fielded, a record that was held by a certain Gareth Bale.

Seems like Trippier could be out for a month so we might well see Walker-Peters!

He might not possess the attacking flair of Aurier but he strikes me as being sounder defensively.

• Confused 1

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. 

Off topic comments on moderation have been removed.  Please read the following as a reason as to why the long running threads in the footie forum have been closed and new topics opened:

Let's just hope kane starts properly banging them in cos you are doomed without his goals and when I say doomed I mean AFC will finish above you as they have a good strikeforce. Kane tally looks like it's dipped slightly compared to last two seasons. He also looks like an old man compared to just 2 years ago. Wondering if his career can sustain or maybe he's worth cashing in on at the end of this season.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Let's just hope kane starts properly banging them in cos you are doomed without his goals and when I say doomed I mean AFC will finish above you as they have a good strikeforce. Kane tally looks like it's dipped slightly compared to last two seasons. He also looks like an old man compared to just 2 years ago. Wondering if his career can sustain or maybe he's worth cashing in on at the end of this season.

Well at least you  are consistent.  

I think he'll have a goal drought and we'll get relegated.

Oh yes and he's another player we'll lose in the next transfer window.

You also forgot to ask when our stadium is going to be finished????

• Confused 1

Just now, carmine said:

Well at least you  are consistent.  

I think he'll have a goal drought and we'll get relegated.

Oh yes and he's another player we'll lose in the next transfer window.

You also forgot to ask when our stadium is going to be finished????

You also forgot to show your face after your arsenal forecast completely went sideways. Try to think before using the keypad. Kane is just a yard of it so far and the goals tally is shy compared to the last 2 seasons based on overall stats. and I'm not seeing any braces like previous seasons so I see a dip which may prove costly without the right support. Btw your stadium is a non starter discussion wise as it's at least a season behind schedule but I think that's BS too but we shall see but at least you can say you spent the last two seasons playing away from home.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You also forgot to show your face after your arsenal forecast completely went sideways. Try to think before using the keypad. Kane is just a yard of it so far and the goals tally is shy compared to the last 2 seasons based on overall stats. and I'm not seeing any braces like previous seasons so I see a dip which may prove costly without the right support. Btw your stadium is a non starter discussion wise as it's at least a season behind schedule but I think that's BS too but we shall see but at least you can say you spent the last two seasons playing away from home.

I totally agree with you.  Kane's a bust flush and we're going down.

• Confused 1

Just now, carmine said:

I totally agree with you.  Kane's a bust flush and we're going down.

If by going down you mean underneath arsenal that's a dead cert. Kane best years ahead of him. I think not but I've been wrong before.

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

If by going down you mean underneath arsenal that's a dead cert. Kane best years ahead of him. I think not but I've been wrong before.

You've never been wrong.  You've just nailed it again. Bravo.

Our FA cup tie up north has been scheduled on a friday night 7.45!!

Tonight we are up at Leicester for a 7.45 saturday night game!!

<deleted> is going on?  They really have absolutely no respect for football fans.

• Like 2

70 hrs b4 we play barca ????   !!!! good to see toby and verity bac together again,  and with dier droppin bac  feels a lot more secure. all we need is for winks to step his defensive game up and were sorted,, tbh cant see that happening with winks, and will ultimatly mean under poch barring injury he will NEVER be a first choice , lets hope i'm wrong. leicester started brightly and tbh i thought they were gonna push us , but they flatered to deceive poor team structure  by their manager imo  until they brought okazaki on and pushed up they barely threatened us,, barca next stop,, NO WORRIES,,

well none i can air in public ,,,,????????

• Like 1

Barcelona played at the same time last night with their best players so they have no advantage before this game.  Since they have won the group we can always hope Messi and Suarez will not start.

13 hours ago, balo said:

Barcelona played at the same time last night with their best players so they have no advantage before this game.  Since they have won the group we can always hope Messi and Suarez will not start.

they are through irrespective of tuesday's result so u never know, tbh yeah i wanna win , BUT the consequences of losing arnt terrible we could actually stand a chance of winning the europa, wheras champions lge what the asbso best we can hope for ? qtrs ,,, ? semis in our dreams ?,,,  not sayin it wouldnt b wonderful; to beat barca  and i'm bloody sure poch is up 4 it, given his spainish playin days ,, however..

On 12/8/2018 at 2:09 AM, carmine said:

Now Juan Foyth has joined the ever growing injury list, along with Trippier, Dembele, Lamela, Wanyama  Sanchez, and Amos.

Soon its going to be easier to name the players that are fit.

that is a chunk , 7 would DEFO be match day involved,, it aint far short now how many more  b4 we call it a crisis

• Like 1