Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Credit where it’s due that was a tactical masterclass and some exceptional individual performances. 

Once again Poch showed why he is one of the best and will continue to be linked with the likes of Madrid and United. 

With the resources he has there isn't a manager in any of the top five european leagues doing any better than Pochettino.  And fortunately he's very committed to Spurs and what he wants to achieve there otherwise he wouldn't have made the very straightforward public statement he did a few weeks ago.

On a plus side we should have Kane, Dele and Dier all back, possibly by our next league game so we'll just be getting stronger.

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

With the resources he has there isn't a manager in any of the top five european leagues doing any better than Pochettino.  And fortunately he's very committed to Spurs and what he wants to achieve there otherwise he wouldn't have made the very straightforward public statement he did a few weeks ago.

On a plus side we should have Kane, Dele and Dier all back, possibly by our next league game so we'll just be getting stronger.

The statement is done for a reason and you should know this. It's called maximum value and is the specialty of your chairman. Same reason with the contract and the contracts likely include clauses with regards to public comments too.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The statement is done for a reason and you should know this. It's called maximum value and is the specialty of your chairman. Same reason with the contract and the contracts likely include clauses with regards to public comments too.

The ultimate statement is signing a new contract so he isn't going anywhere unless the club want him too !

Just now, alfieconn said:

The ultimate statement is signing a new contract so he isn't going anywhere unless the club want him too !

For the right price. And let's be clear everyone has a price and I can't see spurs holding onto Kane if 200m comes in. Clock is ticking on that kind if fee end of this or next season or that fee starts diminishing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair matching someones ambition doesn't guarantee winning something, just look at Klopp.

Was not backed properly until last season when we sold coutinho.

This year is 100% a klopp team.

Your team has been pretty much pochetino team from day 1. Big difference.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

There is no difference until Klopp actually wins something, 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

For the right price. And let's be clear everyone has a price and I can't see spurs holding onto Kane if 200m comes in. Clock is ticking on that kind if fee end of this or next season or that fee starts diminishing 

So we are moving onto Kane now are we ? ???? ????

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

There is no difference until Klopp actually wins something, 

Blatant difference. You had a good team together for 4 years. Klopp team was 75% assembled last season and is now 100%. We sold major players to build the team so klopp a lot further down the road than pochetino in a much shorter space of time in terms of a complete team. I'm not discussing winning things with spurs cos as good as you performed last night you ain't winning nothing. Semis and 3rd.

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Stop talking cobblers.  The only one that will agree with you is the supergrass and that says it all.

• Haha 1

Just now, carmine said:

Stop talking cobblers.  The only one that will agree with you is the supergrass and that says it all.

I don't need you or anyone to agree with me if you can't see the business side of things at play then your not too clued up about your club.  All your top former players were nailed to long term contracts prior to big sales. It's a good model I don't see how it would be any different for a manager.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

No it hasn't been Pochs team, how many of the current team did he buy ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I don't need you or anyone to agree with me if you can't see the business side of things at play then your not too clued up about your club.  All your top former players were nailed to long term contracts prior to big sales. It's a good model I don't see how it would be any different for a manager.

You're a brummie that supports Liverpool....nuff said, run along.

You've been barking on about Poch going,  Kane going Dele going........ and you've never been tight yet.  Loser.  You need the supergrass to back you up....nuff said again!!

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Blatant difference. You had a good team together for 4 years. Klopp team was 75% assembled last season and is now 100%. We sold major players to build the team so klopp a lot further down the road than pochetino in a much shorter space of time in terms of a complete team. I'm not discussing winning things with spurs cos as good as you performed last night you ain't winning nothing. Semis and 3rd.

Why don't you save your talking for when Klopp actually wins something ????

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

You're a brummie that supports Liverpool....nuff said, run along.

Yeah but he started supporting when he was 5 years old, just woke up one day and thought i think i'll start supporting Liverpool today, obviously not a glory hunter ????

Edited by alfieconn

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

No it hasn't been Pochs team, how many of the current team did he buy ?

Does not matter he never sold them so he clearly wanted them.

Guess

Gazaniga

Foyth

Sanchez

Wanyama

Son

Llorennteeee

Alli

Alderweireld

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yeah but he started supporting when he was 5 years old, just woke up one day and thought i think i'll start supporting today, obviously not a glory hunter ????

Ok then so you both realise you need to resort to this as you both get schooled on your own club. Carmine you need to get up early to keep up with me. Aconn  (snigger) your a substitute son an unused one. If you was a condom you'd be out of date.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok then so you both realise you need to resort to this as you both get schooled on your own club. Carmine you need to get up early to keep up with me. Aconn  (snigger) your a substitute son an unused one. If you was a condom you'd be out of date.

Get up early!!!  I could be comatose and make nonsense of your posts.

You just repeat the same old toss, nothing materializes and you start off again with the same old sh1t.  Now were back again to us not winning anything........meanwhile neither have Liverpool!  Have i missed something, brummie?

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Get up early!!!  I could be comatose and make nonsense of your posts.

You just repeat the same old toss, nothing materializes and you start off again with the same old sh1t.  Now were back again to us not winning anything........meanwhile neither have Liverpool!  Have i missed something, brummie?

Listen it's not about you not winning anything you need to get past a semi to do that. Now look it's not my fault you ain't had a Valentine's card since spurs last won the league so wind your neck in Hertfordshire boy

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Yes I agree with them back the second leg should be straightforward. 

If you get knocked out now after that performance and with an even stronger team it would be a disaster. 

Straigtforward statement maybe but but he’s not publicly ruled out the possibility of mangong the likes of Madrid or United and the club won’t let him discuss it so it will remain. 

Edited by Kadilo

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Listen it's not about you not winning anything you need to get past a semi to do that. Now look it's not my fault you ain't had a Valentine's card since spurs last won the league so wind your neck in Hertfordshire boy

It's just the same old stuff every six months with you.  And nothing ever comes of it, does it!!!

I'm no more from Hertfordshire than your from Meyseyside.  You're a plastic, i'm not!!!????

Its actually getting boring watching Alfie run rings round all your repetitive posts!

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Yes I agree with them back the second leg should be straightforward. 

If you get knocked out now after that performance and with an even stronger team it would be a disaster. 

Straigtforward statement maybe but but he’s not publicly ruled out the possibility of mangong the likes of Madrid or United and the club won’t let him discuss it so it will remain. 

Sorry but he's publicly said he intends to stay at Spurs for the long term and full fill his ambitions at the club.

What on earth more do people want him to say?!!!

And yes, were not yet through, but getting knocked out now would be an unmitigated disaster.  

United belong in the europa clearly................we do not.  Ask Rick!!????

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sorry but he's publicly said he intends to stay at Spurs for the long term and full fill his ambitions at the club.

What on earth more do people want him to say?!!!

And yes, were not yet through, but getting knocked out now would be an unmitigated disaster.  

United belong in the europa clearly................we do not.  Ask Rick!!????

If that’s the case why is he being gagged to speak about United and confirm he’s not interested should they come calling. ?

Nip it in the bud, move on. Job done 

Edited by Kadilo

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If that’s the case why is he being gagged to speak about United and confirm he’s not interested should they come calling. ?

Nip it in the bud, move on. Job done 

What, as in we don't want journalists from Sky turning our press conferences in questions as to why he's not going to United!!  Come on!!!  He can say what he wants but were not having it at our club press conferences.

Theres not a club in the world that would allow that to be going on.  However, you listen to Sky and there's not a day goes by when they aren't going on about why he has to go to United

Don't Sky know United have the new Messiah?  Tactically unaware but the Messiah nonetheless.  I'm just praying Ole doesn't get found out too soon, because we'll have to continue listening to Sky and Talkshite

Edited by carmine

1 minute ago, carmine said:

What, as in we don't want journalists from Sky turning our press conferences in questions as to why he's not going to United!!  Come on!!!  He can say what he wants but were not having it at our club press conferences.

He either cannot say what he wants or  he is interested as he has not publicly ruled it out in any interview. 

United defeat against PSG was the worse scenario for the rumour mill as I’m sure many of United top brass and fans will be comparing and contrasting their game with yours and asking questions re what would have happened if Poch was managing that game, would he get the best and consistency out of top players like Martial, like he has with Son.......the list is endless. 

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

He either cannot say what he wants or  he is interested as he has not publicly ruled it out in any interview. 

United defeat against PSG was the worse scenario for the rumour mill as I’m sure many of United top brass and fans will be comparing and contrasting their game with yours and asking questions re what would have happened if Poch was managing that game, would he get the best and consistency out of top players like Martial, like he has with Son.......the list is endless. 

I'll say one more time.....he has ruled himself out publicly.  I listened to it. I just told you what he said!!!!

I'm really not lying!

How can he help it if Sky just won't stop pushing it, probably because they know that the Messiah's going to get found it and will not take United further from the europa league side they are.  We all know Pochettino is a vastly better manager/coach than the Messiah but were relying on United fans buying into the "he's United through and through" and making another stupid appointment.  Theres a really god chance of that too.

Edited by carmine

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Err no if you follow the threads about 4 responses ago you clearly felt defeated so started with the childish remarks. Coincidentally aconn jumped in right on cue to back you up with such behaviour and since then It's just an argument. This is Carmine M/O all day long until he huffs and he puffs and he has a hissy fit and does not talk to anyone for a week. That's you to an absolute tee that is cry baby Carmine 

We just hammered Dortmund last night, that's all you need to know.